KTM freeride e available in US

kakarot
11/24/2016 8:59pm
|
Stuntman949
12/1/2016 1:34pm
I wonder if they will get to the point where you can leave your truck or generator running and charge it between motos.
kakarot
6/21/2017 6:50pm
It's official KTM has announced a pilot program to introduce the freeride e SX to the U.S.,check with your dealer if you're interested numbers are limited but sounds like a great opportunity.
7/26/2017 9:31am
Here is the official KTM Press Release for the Freeride E-XC

MURRIETA, Calif. – As the global high-performance electric motorcycle market continues to grow, KTM is pleased to announce the launch of a READY TO RACE pilot program in North America involving the KTM FREERIDE E-XC, an electric version of the already-familiar KTM FREERIDE 250R motorcycle.

Through this pilot program, the KTM FREERIDE E-XC is available in limited quantities and sold exclusively through select authorized KTM dealers in the U.S. Each of the 11 select dealerships have been certified through KTM’s high voltage technical training in order to service this new technology.

Tom Etherington, VP of Sales, KTM North America, Inc.: “KTM has created this pilot program as a way to better understand the level of consumer interest in electric motorcycles, which will assist us in future planning when considering serial production of electric motorcycles in the coming years. The exciting part for consumers is that through this pilot program, the FREERIDE E-XC is available for a price that is substantially less than these models would sell for outside of this program.”

The MSRP for the 2017 FREERIDE E-XC is $8,299 and the motorcycles are arriving now in limited quantities through the following select authorized KTM dealers:

Moto City KTM in Avondale, Ariz.
3 Bros KTM of Orange County in Costa Mesa, Calif.
CJ KTM of Murrieta in Murrieta, Calif.
KTM of Roseville in Roseville, Calif.
Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Calif.
Elite Motorsports KTM in Loveland, Colo.
Larsons Cycle in Cambridge, Minn.
Edelman’s KTM in Troy, N.Y.
Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown, Penn.
Adventure Powersports KTM in McKinney, Texas
KTM of North Texas in Arlington, Texas

KTM North America, Inc. is proud to venture into the zero-emission vehicle world with a purpose built motorcycle that could open the door to new and exciting riding areas and applications in the future. For more information on KTM’s dealer network, please visit www.ktm.com.

We are taking pre-orders with an expected delivery in early to mid-August. If you are interested in getting one of these or would like more info please feel free to contact me:

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
scott@elitektm.com
jessica45
11/6/2017 8:58pm
whats the price of new KTM freeride

The Shop

kakarot
11/7/2017 4:53pm
jessica45 wrote:
whats the price of new KTM freeride
$8500 For the 2018,battery and charger are available for lease $60 month,per cyclenews. If I'm correct the bikes are only available at participating dealers.
Fourth_Floor
11/9/2017 5:52am
Has anyone ridden one of these yet? I know they don't hold a candle to the Alta performance wise but I'm seriously considering getting one of these next year. The sticker price is right in my league of what I'm willing to pay for a brand new bike. Anyone know if they made a charger for it yet that can plug into a normal 110 outlet or does it still require 220?
kakarot
11/11/2017 7:32am
Has anyone ridden one of these yet? I know they don't hold a candle to the Alta performance wise but I'm seriously considering getting one of...
Has anyone ridden one of these yet? I know they don't hold a candle to the Alta performance wise but I'm seriously considering getting one of these next year. The sticker price is right in my league of what I'm willing to pay for a brand new bike. Anyone know if they made a charger for it yet that can plug into a normal 110 outlet or does it still require 220?
I picked a 17 up through the pilot program,it's a different class of bike compared to the Alta the freeride is more of a souped up play bike.Originally the freeride models were intended to be an all around off road bike, often referred to as Hybrid trials bikes.I love mine and have ridden it on a variety of terrain ,which it handles with ease.The charger is 220 only and i can only assume this will continue with the 2018 and beyond,the benefit of 220 is quicker charge times.If you're looking for a bike to go from the backyard to the,track or trail,it really shines on smaller tight tracks, it's a great bike. I've been averaging around 16-18 miles of trail/play riding,the 18 has a 50% larger battery and regen ,so 24-25 mile range should be no problem.

Post a reply to: KTM freeride e available in US

The Latest