Scam alert - 📢 nickh

jj417
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2022 7:27pm
Be careful, this user scammed me out of 350 dollars.
He inboxes me saying he knows where I can find clamps I. Looking for. I ended up paying for the clamps and as soon as I payed all communication stopped.
Be aware.
|
Tuna
10/9/2020 1:34pm
Jesus this same guy keeps scamming people here. Someone needs to pay him a visit and have a “chat” with the guy.
Tuna
10/9/2020 1:34pm
How did you pay the guy?
jj417
10/9/2020 1:40pm
Tuna wrote:
How did you pay the guy?
Unfortunately paypal friends and family, he had some sob story of why he didn't want to send me an invoice. I knew better but I did it anyway. My own fault. Just want to warn others.
Bruce372
10/9/2020 1:47pm
Basically, its rhe same dude replying to every wtb add

The Shop

jj417
10/9/2020 2:03pm
Bruce372 wrote:
I hope he didn't get anybody else. Wish there was something we could do. My credit card company is going to pursue this they said.
Bruce372
10/9/2020 2:20pm
Bruce372 wrote:
jj417 wrote:
I hope he didn't get anybody else. Wish there was something we could do. My credit card company is going to pursue this they said.
Its a common issue. I think a few people have been duped and many others nearly duped.

If only theives worked as hard to make their own money vs steal other peoples.
jj417
10/9/2020 3:35pm
Bruce372 wrote:
jj417 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Its a common issue. I think a few people have been duped and many others nearly duped. If only theives worked as hard to make their...
Its a common issue. I think a few people have been duped and many others nearly duped.

If only theives worked as hard to make their own money vs steal other peoples.
Its a shame...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/9/2020 4:06pm
jj417 wrote:
He's gotten other people on Vital using differemt accounts. Unfortunately, there's not much Vital can do about it.

Lock his account and he signs up under a different name and email and proceeds to do it again.

Real POS!
jj417
10/9/2020 4:22pm
jj417 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's gotten other people on Vital using differemt accounts. Unfortunately, there's not much Vital can do about it. Lock his account and he signs up under...
He's gotten other people on Vital using differemt accounts. Unfortunately, there's not much Vital can do about it.

Lock his account and he signs up under a different name and email and proceeds to do it again.

Real POS!
Paypal gave me assistance to bring this to cyber security with the FBI. They paypal said they will investigate it further but doubt anything will come of it.
It would be pretty cool if the could track this guy down.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/9/2020 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2020 4:48pm
jj417 wrote:
Paypal gave me assistance to bring this to cyber security with the FBI. They paypal said they will investigate it further but doubt anything will come...
Paypal gave me assistance to bring this to cyber security with the FBI. They paypal said they will investigate it further but doubt anything will come of it.
In one of the previous threads I believe there was an actual address posted. I'll look for it and maybe you can pass the address to your contact over at PayPal so that they can pass it on to the authorities.

Edit:

He used different names, however the address was always the same, so maybe it's a legit place.

Always uses.

20 Radcliffe Rd.
Boston, MA 02134
jj417
10/9/2020 4:45pm
jj417 wrote:
Paypal gave me assistance to bring this to cyber security with the FBI. They paypal said they will investigate it further but doubt anything will come...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In one of the previous threads I believe there was an actual address posted. I'll look for it and maybe you can pass the address to...
In one of the previous threads I believe there was an actual address posted. I'll look for it and maybe you can pass the address to your contact over at PayPal so that they can pass it on to the authorities.

Edit:

He used different names, however the address was always the same, so maybe it's a legit place.

Always uses.

20 Radcliffe Rd.
Boston, MA 02134
Sounds like a plan.
yz133rider
10/9/2020 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2020 7:23pm
jj417 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's gotten other people on Vital using differemt accounts. Unfortunately, there's not much Vital can do about it. Lock his account and he signs up under...

Real POS!
Vital could implement minimum post counts before allowing pm’s to work. And monitorIng a users initial replies would be easy to see if they’re contributing or just playing the game.

As well as a minimum post before being allowed to post in the for sale section, so people come here for the community not just a for sale section.
jj417
10/9/2020 4:59pm
jj417 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Real POS!
yz133rider wrote:
Vital could implement minimum post counts before allowing pm’s to work. And monitorIng a users initial replies would be easy to see if they’re contributing or...
Vital could implement minimum post counts before allowing pm’s to work. And monitorIng a users initial replies would be easy to see if they’re contributing or just playing the game.

As well as a minimum post before being allowed to post in the for sale section, so people come here for the community not just a for sale section.
Not a bad idea.
Bruce372
10/9/2020 6:03pm
jj417 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Real POS!
yz133rider wrote:
Vital could implement minimum post counts before allowing pm’s to work. And monitorIng a users initial replies would be easy to see if they’re contributing or...

Great idea... i always look at someone's posts to at least establish a chance they are legit
Bruce372
10/9/2020 6:03pm
I bought some stuff from Facebook groups recently and they are doing a feedback scheme
NacNac721
10/9/2020 9:11pm
Can they not lock onto his IP address even if he uses different names? Unless he is using public computers..
sandman768
10/10/2020 5:34am
Simple....No friends & family.... a seller requesting that is a dead giveaway.... unless you really know the person...
Action69
10/10/2020 6:44am
I’m on 3wheelerworld and they have a minimum of I believe 10 posts before you can use the for sale section..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/10/2020 7:03am
Action69 wrote:
I’m on 3wheelerworld and they have a minimum of I believe 10 posts before you can use the for sale section..
That would be super easy to get around.

Open a thread, put in a word like Hi and click submit, repeat the process 10x, boom, access to for sale section.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/10/2020 7:05am
NacNac721 wrote:
Can they not lock onto his IP address even if he uses different names? Unless he is using public computers..
Unfortunately, he might be using a proxy. If that's the case it'll be very difficult to track him.
mxav8r
10/10/2020 7:07am
Action69 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That would be super easy to get around. Open a thread, put in a word like Hi and click submit, repeat the process 10x, boom, access...

Open a thread, put in a word like Hi and click submit, repeat the process 10x, boom, access to for sale section.
Yeah but then it would be "super easy" to see what the seller/buyer is doing to get around the post requirement.
It's not a perfect system but it's way better than what this board has now...NOTHING.
seanmx57
10/10/2020 9:30am
This guy is currently trying to get me to buy some wheels from him. Glad I decided to google his email. I told him I wouldn't use friends and family.
He wanted to use a different form of payment....

I've used friends a lot for years with little to no issues, this one felt fishy so I decided to protect myself.
Tuna
10/10/2020 9:31am
Action69 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That would be super easy to get around. Open a thread, put in a word like Hi and click submit, repeat the process 10x, boom, access...

mxav8r wrote:
Yeah but then it would be "super easy" to see what the seller/buyer is doing to get around the post requirement. It's not a perfect system...
Yeah but then it would be "super easy" to see what the seller/buyer is doing to get around the post requirement.
It's not a perfect system but it's way better than what this board has now...NOTHING.
Lots of forums require a minimum post to advertise. I would never buy from a user with 4 or 5 posts.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/10/2020 9:57am
seanmx57 wrote:
This guy is currently trying to get me to buy some wheels from him. Glad I decided to google his email. I told him I wouldn't...
This guy is currently trying to get me to buy some wheels from him. Glad I decided to google his email. I told him I wouldn't use friends and family.

I've used friends a lot for years with little to no issues, this one felt fishy so I decided to protect myself.
With that exact username or a new one?
seanmx57
10/10/2020 10:10am
seanmx57 wrote:
This guy is currently trying to get me to buy some wheels from him. Glad I decided to google his email. I told him I wouldn't...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
With that exact username or a new one?
same user name. He took a day or 2 to reply to me initially, they a flurry or action, then a lag. Typical scammer crap. On a site I used to use a lot before it went dead we made it so you can't PM or message anyone until you had 10 posts. It worked well.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/10/2020 11:46am
The good news: His account is locked.

The bad news: He's using a proxy. Different ip address for all his previous accounts.

If anyone receives a message that is similar to what OP received, start a thread in here and post his profile so that it can be locked.
Adam43
10/10/2020 12:10pm
Action69 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Don't let the lack of a perfect solution get in the way of a good one.
hdogg21
Fantasy
1431st
10/12/2020 1:20pm
Yep same guy, he's scammed multiple people on here already...What a P.O.S.!!!

Dead give away is he always end's his initial message to you with "You can thank me later"

I hope someone finds this A-hole & give's him a thorough "talking to" if you know what I mean...
10/13/2020 6:49am
I get that we want to believe everyone on here is good intentioned (as 99% are), but jesus christ people a little common sense would go a long way. OP, hate to hear it happened to you, but damn i can't believe this same shtick keeps getting people over and over again.
FU2
10/13/2020 7:09am
Scammers the real virus..

Post a reply to: Scam alert - 📢 nickh

The Latest