3rd round Open Dutch Championship , Deep Sand :)

Anonymous (not verified)
3/20/2012 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 3:14pm
|
Tim507
3/20/2012 6:38pm
Awesome Vid Awesome Music
ocscottie
3/20/2012 6:46pm
btw: that 1st turn was mayhem! and loved the shots of the young groms cheering on the side of the track, i remember being one of them Laughing

The Shop

Deetsmx
3/20/2012 8:31pm
Makes me miss racing in Belgium. They love their motocross over there in Europe, that's for sure. Didn't Herlingd start around 18th and end up winning by over a minute and a half? That guys is nuts in the sand.
Jefro98
3/21/2012 12:10am
That's a cool vid.

Sunday was very cool but pretty tough. Good practice for Valkenswaard.
Weather was a bit rainy which made the sand heavy and sticky.
Sure looked like a mini GP out there.

Dutch roost rules.

ocscottie
3/21/2012 12:31am
Such a killer pic Jeff!! made me reach up to pull a tear off Cool
Big
3/21/2012 1:02am
Deetsmx wrote:
Makes me miss racing in Belgium. They love their motocross over there in Europe, that's for sure. Didn't Herlingd start around 18th and end up winning...
Makes me miss racing in Belgium. They love their motocross over there in Europe, that's for sure. Didn't Herlingd start around 18th and end up winning by over a minute and a half? That guys is nuts in the sand.
I've seen Mx and being a part of it for a long time. I have never ever seen a faster rider than Herlings in the sand! And that includes the GOAT. I can't se anyone standing a chans against him on a beach. Lucky that those tracks is only a few. The racing is not even fun compared to a hardtrack. Everybody jumping around trying to survive.LaughingLaughing
Big
3/21/2012 1:09am
I now you may protest jefro and steedmill. But i have to go to lommel etc, next week helping a rider prep for season. And it's very messy to take care of most of times and we will run out of sprockets and chains after 3 daysLaughing I prefer Cali anytime.Wink
3/21/2012 1:18am
That's some great stuff there,how did Jake Nichols look in the sand? He's based in Holland now and training pretty hard in the deep stuff
PaleBlue
3/21/2012 1:27am
That's some great stuff there,how did Jake Nichols look in the sand? He's based in Holland now and training pretty hard in the deep stuff
He didn't have to go to Holland for sand! He only had to go a little way up the road to Mepal! As deep as Dunkirk and even sounds Dutch! Our ex-GP trainer says it's probably harder to ride fast there than the GP sand tracks.
Jefro98
3/21/2012 1:29am
ocscottie wrote:
Such a killer pic Jeff!! made me reach up to pull a tear off Cool
Thanks Scottie.
Those 125 kids were killing it. Great racing, loved it.

Jefro98
3/21/2012 1:34am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2012 1:34am
Jake did pretty good. Had some bad luck and crashes in the first moto and finished around 10th.
He holeshot the second moto and led for a short time and finished 4th of 5th.
JineTC
3/21/2012 5:16am
Thanks a bunch steedmills; that vid really catches the essence of it all. A nice blend, my compliments to the producer.
3/21/2012 5:20am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2012 5:21am
PaleBlue wrote:
He didn't have to go to Holland for sand! He only had to go a little way up the road to Mepal! As deep as Dunkirk...
He didn't have to go to Holland for sand! He only had to go a little way up the road to Mepal! As deep as Dunkirk and even sounds Dutch! Our ex-GP trainer says it's probably harder to ride fast there than the GP sand tracks.
or to armthorpe (fatcat) both are dutch style sand tracks, still nothing like lommel but adequate practice for valkenswaard! the main difference between the british sand tracks and the european ones is that they grade the ones over here too much- most belgian and dutch tracks get graded on a monday then ridden on all week with no more grading!

tommy searle was at armthorpe practicing on sunday, he loves the place! everyones gona be racing for 2nd place in mx2 at the sand gp's though- herlings is in a league of his own in the soft stuff!

nice video by the way! I wish we had such a big selection of deep sand tracks over here- that were open late and cheap entry fees! we get ripped off over here
zippy895
3/21/2012 7:02am
looks like bithlo (orlando,florida) sand.
Katoom72
3/21/2012 7:12am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2012 7:23am
Big wrote:
I've seen Mx and being a part of it for a long time. I have never ever seen a faster rider than Herlings in the sand...
I've seen Mx and being a part of it for a long time. I have never ever seen a faster rider than Herlings in the sand! And that includes the GOAT. I can't se anyone standing a chans against him on a beach. Lucky that those tracks is only a few. The racing is not even fun compared to a hardtrack. Everybody jumping around trying to survive.LaughingLaughing
I LOVE sandtrack races, a rider like Herlings can balance around on it so good that it just gives me goose bumps.

Been wondering what is the heavyest sandtrack is in USA, anyone can answer that? Smile
Mr Regis
3/21/2012 7:32am
ocscottie wrote:
Jeffro also put up a photo gallery, check the homepage.
Scottie do you know where we can see the results?
slipdog
3/21/2012 7:33am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2012 7:33am
Personally, that's the first video I watched in a long time that got me excited. Maybe It was my morning Rockstar, but maybe, just maybe that was a BADASS track...

I loved the Euro style!!!
dboivin
3/21/2012 7:41am
i thought for sure that dudes arm got snapped on that start crash. looks like he was ok.
3/22/2012 7:43am
ocscottie wrote:
Jeffro also put up a photo gallery, check the homepage.
Mr Regis wrote:
Scottie do you know where we can see the results?
Jefro98 wrote:
Try this link:

Every class is there.

[url]http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=753909[/url]
race 2- herlings 7 seconds a lap faster than anybody else (fastest lap ) WOW!!!

he really is something special in the sand, wish i was going to valkenswaard again this year!!! hopefully be at lierop and lommel though
Jefro98
3/22/2012 7:55am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 7:56am
race 2- herlings 7 seconds a lap faster than anybody else (fastest lap ) WOW!!! he really is something special in the sand, wish i was...

he really is something special in the sand, wish i was going to valkenswaard again this year!!! hopefully be at lierop and lommel though
If you want to see Herlings ride the sand, forget about Valkenswaard and come to Lierop or Lommel instead.
Valkenswaard is rough but not nearly as brutal as Lierop and Lommel.
3/22/2012 7:58am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 8:09am
race 2- herlings 7 seconds a lap faster than anybody else (fastest lap ) WOW!!! he really is something special in the sand, wish i was...

Jefro98 wrote:
If you want to see Herlings ride the sand, forget about Valkenswaard and come to Lierop or Lommel instead. Valkenswaard is rough but not nearly as...
If you want to see Herlings ride the sand, forget about Valkenswaard and come to Lierop or Lommel instead.
Valkenswaard is rough but not nearly as brutal as Lierop and Lommel.
we've ridde at lierop, lommel and valkenswaard and been to gp's at all of them too!!! last time we were riding at lommel (september) jeffrey was there- he looked like he was riding a different track to me!! haha
I prefer lierop to lommel, think its much more fun to ride- the gp has better atmosphere there too i think, lommel is a very strange place with it being in the middle of an industrial estate!!!

He was pretty impressive at the valkenswaard gp last year too!! I was a bit gutted when we went to the leirop gp in 2010 that jeffrey was injured. Never seen him ride there before.

I think i'd prefer the des nations to be at lierop (rather than lommel) but i suppose its only fair to go to lommel with lierop having already held a (fairly) recent des nations!!!

Im hoping to get to the lierop gp and the lommel des nations this year, i'd like to go to valkenswaard too but wont be able to do all 3 and we went to valkenswaard last year! Hoping to come over for a weeks riding around june time, and then again in september (the week before the nations)
Jefro98
3/22/2012 8:36am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 8:37am
we've ridde at lierop, lommel and valkenswaard and been to gp's at all of them too!!! last time we were riding at lommel (september) jeffrey was...
we've ridde at lierop, lommel and valkenswaard and been to gp's at all of them too!!! last time we were riding at lommel (september) jeffrey was there- he looked like he was riding a different track to me!! haha
I prefer lierop to lommel, think its much more fun to ride- the gp has better atmosphere there too i think, lommel is a very strange place with it being in the middle of an industrial estate!!!

He was pretty impressive at the valkenswaard gp last year too!! I was a bit gutted when we went to the leirop gp in 2010 that jeffrey was injured. Never seen him ride there before.

I think i'd prefer the des nations to be at lierop (rather than lommel) but i suppose its only fair to go to lommel with lierop having already held a (fairly) recent des nations!!!

Im hoping to get to the lierop gp and the lommel des nations this year, i'd like to go to valkenswaard too but wont be able to do all 3 and we went to valkenswaard last year! Hoping to come over for a weeks riding around june time, and then again in september (the week before the nations)
That sounds like fun trips you guys did.
I never rode Lommel or Lierop but here in Holland we have many similar tracks I did ride and race so I know the feeling.
When you get tired, it becomes extremely difficult to keep your lines.

I raced the Heerde track alot (at my slow amateur speed) and it is mind blowing to see how fast Herlings and his fellow GP riders go around your local track. Woohoo
3/22/2012 8:59am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 12:08pm
Jefro98 wrote:
That sounds like fun trips you guys did. I never rode Lommel or Lierop but here in Holland we have many similar tracks I did ride...
That sounds like fun trips you guys did.
I never rode Lommel or Lierop but here in Holland we have many similar tracks I did ride and race so I know the feeling.
When you get tired, it becomes extremely difficult to keep your lines.

I raced the Heerde track alot (at my slow amateur speed) and it is mind blowing to see how fast Herlings and his fellow GP riders go around your local track. Woohoo
Hman144
Fantasy
798th
3/22/2012 9:18am
What's the story with the couple of riders lined up two deep? Too many riders for the gate, or did they purposely choose to start deep like that?

H
3/22/2012 9:29am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 12:09pm
Hman144 wrote:
What's the story with the couple of riders lined up two deep? Too many riders for the gate, or did they purposely choose to start deep...
What's the story with the couple of riders lined up two deep? Too many riders for the gate, or did they purposely choose to start deep like that?

H

Post a reply to: 3rd round Open Dutch Championship , Deep Sand :)

The Latest