50 days away from the MXdN !!!

1-forty-8
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 6:00pm
Ok so here's my early predictions of what the teams might look like come September 29th (I know there's a lot of racing to go but shit man, I love this race.. 50 days to gooooooooooo!!)

America - MX 1 Dungey, MX2 Bagget, MX3 Barcia. Maybe I'm wrong and Alessi will get the nod over Barica, but I doubt it. And with not only factory Honda no doubt helping out with a bike for JB, and his already proven sand riding skills who could blame Rodger, Mitch and DC for going that way.

Belgium - MX1 Desalle, MX2 van Horebeek, MX3 de Dyker. I could be wrong about de Dyker going, and they might send Strijbos who's been in pretty good form recently, and I think either last year or the year before, de Dyker felt he should of been the man to be picked for the team, and they didn't pick him, so he might say bollocks to ya and not go anyway. Either way I can see Belgium up on the box this year, solid team.

France - MX1 377, MX2 Musquin, MX3 Paulin. No brainer really.

Holland - MX1 Herlings, MX2 Coldenhoff, MX3 de Reuver. Coldenhoff may be pretty unknown to most Americans on here, but the dude is sitting 11th in the MX2 points, and seeing as he's Dutch, I'm thinking the dude is bound to have some sand skills. Not really sure about de Reuver, and if he's healthy, but seems like the most obvious pick to me, either him or that Brakke guy who raced last year for Holland. Saying that though, haven't seen his name at all this year. Tough call.

Germany - MX1 Nagl, MX2 Ullrich, MX3 Roczen. If I'm honest, I have no idea what the Germans are gonna do. I know Roczen is riding in the MX1 class at the German GP next month, which kind of tells me the bike he uses there is an option for the MXdN, and Nagl is a no brainer, but after that they have no one. Not even in MX3 is another German making an impact.. And Ullrich, I don't believe, has even raced a GP before, but he did race in the first EMX250 round in France earlier this year and had a second in moto 2, but after that he must of gotten injured because he didn't enter the next few rounds. But he is listed to race the next EMX250 round at Matterly Basin, so I will be keeping my eyes on him for sure. EDIT : Marcus Shiffer - I forgot this guy. And he is leading the German Masters series, so maybe Kenny will be riding the MX2 after all. Although Marcus is still young and could ride the MX2 class. At least they got options.

Italy - MX 1 Cairoli, MX2 Lupino, MX 3 Guarneri. With Philippaerts out, and I'm not sure when he's back, this is pretty much all Italy have. I think AC222 will be a threat, I really do, but the other 2 will struggle in the deep sand. Be surprised if they make the top 5 this year.

GBR - MX1 Searle, MX2 Nicholls, MX3 Simpson. If there ever was a year we could pinch a podium, it's this year. I believe, and I could be wrong, Simpson lives quite close to Lommel (as do many riders) and Searle was real fast on the 450 last year in France. I expect something good from our boys this year. Shame Deano ain't healthy (I know they said they wouldn't of took him anyway) because with him on board we would have a really solid team. Get your act together Dixon/ACU for next year, GBR needs Deano!!!!

Russia - MX1 Bobryshev, MX2 Tonkov, MX3 Parshin. I know, I know, I haven't heard of Parshin either, but the dude sits in 13th place in the MX3 standings and he missed the first three rounds, so seems like the next obvious choice.

Australia - I have no freaking idea..

Canada - They couldn't care less about this race, so who cares about them going..

Puerto Rico - Erm... Osborn, Alessi maybe?? Who knows!!! Hopefully someone good though!

Well I think I covered all the main teams, obviously you'll also have guys like Rattray (especially without Swanepoel backing him up), maybe Tonus (??) and guys like that who's teams won't finish anywhere, mixing it up. So yeah man, stacked Cheerful

50 DAYS AND COUNTING Cool
|
mccread
8/10/2012 3:26am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 3:28am
Team Ireland will be good this year

Martin Barr MX1 Graeme Irwin MX2 and Stuart Edmonds MX3... all top five and better in the British Champs.

GB are announcing the team at the British GP.

Hard to know who to pick. I think I would go for Anstie and Shaun on the 450s and Tommy in MX2. That's harsh on Nicholls.

4 deserving riders and only 3 will go. Anstie is great and sand and great on that 450 at Hawkstone.

Schiffer is still fast for Germany. I would put him in MX3 and Roczen in MX2.

Looks like the top two in the MX2 GPs won't even be riding the MX2 class in the nations lol
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 3:31am
mccread wrote:
Team Ireland will be good this year Martin Barr MX1 Graeme Irwin MX2 and Stuart Edmonds MX3... all top five and better in the British Champs...
Team Ireland will be good this year

Martin Barr MX1 Graeme Irwin MX2 and Stuart Edmonds MX3... all top five and better in the British Champs.

GB are announcing the team at the British GP.

Hard to know who to pick. I think I would go for Anstie and Shaun on the 450s and Tommy in MX2. That's harsh on Nicholls.

4 deserving riders and only 3 will go. Anstie is great and sand and great on that 450 at Hawkstone.

Schiffer is still fast for Germany. I would put him in MX3 and Roczen in MX2.

Looks like the top two in the MX2 GPs won't even be riding the MX2 class in the nations lol
I was thinking about Max, but the truth is, not many people like his dad (from what I hear) so it's kind of the same deal as Alessi.. I'm not sure, but either Max or Simpson would be great choices. I do believe Searle will be on a 450 though.

And yeah, Ireland should be good, possible top 10 team right there.
Vanilla
8/10/2012 3:32am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 4:07am
Holland is gonna do good, our third guy is gonna be Marc de Reuver, Mike Kras or Herjan Brakke. All of them are fast in the sand but i think de Reuver should go.
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
8/10/2012 3:45am
Australia will be interesting, i think the best available team would be
mx1 Byrne
mx2 Styke
mx3 Watters

The Shop

1-forty-8
8/10/2012 4:00am
Vanilla wrote:
Holland is gonna do good, our third guy is gonna be Marc de Reuver, Mike Kras or Herjan Brakke. All of them are fast in the...
Holland is gonna do good, our third guy is gonna be Marc de Reuver, Mike Kras or Herjan Brakke. All of them are fast in the sand but i think de Reuver should go.
I have them down for a podium spot for sure. Herlings IMHO will go 1-1, so with that score of 2, it will put them in a great position. Coldenhoff is no slouch either..!
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 4:05am
Stoop wrote:
mx1 Byrne
mx2 Styke
mx3 Watters
Never heard of Styke or Watters, Oz National riders I take it?
mccread
8/10/2012 4:15am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 4:16am
Vanilla wrote:
Holland is gonna do good, our third guy is gonna be Marc de Reuver, Mike Kras or Herjan Brakke. All of them are fast in the...
1-forty-8 wrote:
I have them down for a podium spot for sure. Herlings IMHO will go 1-1, so with that score of 2, it will put them in...
I have them down for a podium spot for sure. Herlings IMHO will go 1-1, so with that score of 2, it will put them in a great position. Coldenhoff is no slouch either..!
Der Reuver is still getting some top tens in the MX1 GPs. Put him in sand and he will be quick. If he can stay up Holland have a great chance of a podium.

USA will win though! Than probably Begium then maybe Holland. Would love to see GB on the podium!
Jefro98
8/10/2012 4:16am
For de Reuver it's all about the MXdN this year so he'll be ready.

With Coldenhoff and Herlings I think we have a pretty good team and with some luck might end up on the podium.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 4:18am
Vanilla wrote:
1-forty-8 wrote:
I have them down for a podium spot for sure. Herlings IMHO will go 1-1, so with that score of 2, it will put them in...
mccread wrote:
Der Reuver is still getting some top tens in the MX1 GPs. Put him in sand and he will be quick. If he can stay up...
Der Reuver is still getting some top tens in the MX1 GPs. Put him in sand and he will be quick. If he can stay up Holland have a great chance of a podium.

USA will win though! Than probably Begium then maybe Holland. Would love to see GB on the podium!
I agree with all of that. It'll take a bit of luck for GBR to get on the box, but it's not impossible, hell, nothing is at the MXdN.
Vanilla
8/10/2012 4:20am
Jefro98 wrote:
For de Reuver it's all about the MXdN this year so he'll be ready. With Coldenhoff and Herlings I think we have a pretty good team...

With Coldenhoff and Herlings I think we have a pretty good team and with some luck might end up on the podium.
^this.

I'm surprised there isn't any Herlings bashing yet.. What's up with that?
Jefro98
8/10/2012 4:26am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 4:27am
Vanilla wrote:
^this.

Yep, it's weird.
Opinions seem to change about him since the russian car crash and Searle taking him out last week and Herlings coming back and winning the damn thing.
Think Herlings needs to take somebody out or say fuck on TV again not to loose his bad boy image. Smile
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 4:26am
Jefro98 wrote:
For de Reuver it's all about the MXdN this year so he'll be ready. With Coldenhoff and Herlings I think we have a pretty good team...

Vanilla wrote:
^this.

Most the Americans are asleep at the minute ain't they lol it'll come.. He'll answer all the questions when it's time to play, and I have no doubt in my mind about that.. I might not agree with some of his actions as late, but no one can take away his skills. 1-1 for sure.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 4:51am
wow !!!

so soon
It's christmas for moto-geeks like me lol

Although, saying that, I can't remember ever being excited for christmas 50 days before it happened Blush

Oh well....

MXdN!!!!
MCfan4life
8/10/2012 5:31am
Stoop wrote:
mx1 Byrne
mx2 Styke
mx3 Watters
1-forty-8 wrote:
Yep. Luke Styke has been killing it this year in our MX2 (250F) Australian MX Championship and Todd Waters is our highest placed and most consistent MX1 (450) Aussie rider.

Matt Moss would be an outside chance at the MX2 spot but could get the spot with some strong outdoor rides starting with Southwick.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 6:01am
Stoop wrote:
mx1 Byrne
mx2 Styke
mx3 Watters
1-forty-8 wrote:
MCfan4life wrote:
Yep. Luke Styke has been killing it this year in our MX2 (250F) Australian MX Championship and Todd Waters is our highest placed and most consistent...
Yep. Luke Styke has been killing it this year in our MX2 (250F) Australian MX Championship and Todd Waters is our highest placed and most consistent MX1 (450) Aussie rider.

Matt Moss would be an outside chance at the MX2 spot but could get the spot with some strong outdoor rides starting with Southwick.
Stupid question I guess, but has either rider got their sights set on the US or GP's?

I think I'd rather take a rider like Stykes, who you say has been killing it, than Moss, who's lack of results this year probably have messed with his confidence..
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
8/10/2012 6:53am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Stupid question I guess, but has either rider got their sights set on the US or GP's? I think I'd rather take a rider like Stykes...
Stupid question I guess, but has either rider got their sights set on the US or GP's?

I think I'd rather take a rider like Stykes, who you say has been killing it, than Moss, who's lack of results this year probably have messed with his confidence..
Moss is too old for mx2. Stykes is racing at elsinore I think, so it'll be interesting how he goes internationally.

I'd like to see bopping instead of Byrne. He put up a decent challenge to coppins at wanneroo (a sand track that is lommel deep in wa).

Shame reed, Metcalfe and ferris are injured. That would have been a podium team I reckon.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 7:02am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Moss is too old for mx2. Stykes is racing at elsinore I think, so it'll be interesting how he goes internationally. I'd like to see bopping...
Moss is too old for mx2. Stykes is racing at elsinore I think, so it'll be interesting how he goes internationally.

I'd like to see bopping instead of Byrne. He put up a decent challenge to coppins at wanneroo (a sand track that is lommel deep in wa).

Shame reed, Metcalfe and ferris are injured. That would have been a podium team I reckon.
That 23 rule is stupid. But yer for sure that would of been a solid team. Maybe next year..

And very interested to see how that Stykes does at Elsinore. It's about time another Australian made an impact.
Rupert X
8/10/2012 7:37am
Team U.S Virgin Islands is tanned and ready.

MX1 - Sir Joey Buttafuoco

MX2 - Boutros-Boutros Gahli

Electric Bike - Ziggy Marley, mon.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 7:46am
Rupert X wrote:
Team U.S Virgin Islands is tanned and ready.

MX1 - Sir Joey Buttafuoco

MX2 - Boutros-Boutros Gahli

Electric Bike - Ziggy Marley, mon.
We have a winner!!!
motomike137
8/10/2012 7:50am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Most the Americans are asleep at the minute ain't they lol it'll come.. He'll answer all the questions when it's time to play, and I have...
Most the Americans are asleep at the minute ain't they lol it'll come.. He'll answer all the questions when it's time to play, and I have no doubt in my mind about that.. I might not agree with some of his actions as late, but no one can take away his skills. 1-1 for sure.
I'll bite on your stink bait... USA wins! Record books don't really care who wins the moto'sWink
TDeath21
8/10/2012 7:51am
I don't see how anyone could be cheering for Herlings unless you're from the Netherlands. I can't stand the guy and most other people can't either. I'll be happy if he doesn't win a moto that's for sure.

Dungey, Baggett, and Barcia would be the best team for the US. Decoster might be hesitant to choose that way though because Barcia and Baggett have a pretty big rivalry. I'm sure they can give it a rest for one race though.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 7:52am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 8:00am
I think you misread or misunderstood me there uk125250. What I meant was all the Americans that post on here were asleep, the bitching about Herlings would come when they wake up, not Team USA.. I'm not even a Herlings fan, I just think he's gonna be tough to beat around that place, no matter where you're from... And as for him trying something on Barcia, I'm pretty sure he won't need too... Just my opinion.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 7:54am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Most the Americans are asleep at the minute ain't they lol it'll come.. He'll answer all the questions when it's time to play, and I have...
I'll bite on your stink bait... USA wins! Record books don't really care who wins the moto'sWink
LOL too true dude, cool bragging rights for a year though huh Tongue
mccread
8/10/2012 8:00am
He won't need too because he will be faster. Barcia might try something on him though.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 8:05am
mccread wrote:
He won't need too because he will be faster. Barcia might try something on him though.
That's more likely what will happen. Idiots like me are putting a huge target on his back.. But then, I don't mind if I'm wrong and he loses.
TDeath21
8/10/2012 8:06am
mccread wrote:
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely to hang it out.
motomike137
8/10/2012 8:12am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 8:14am
mccread wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely...
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely to hang it out.
With Stanton as his mentor I don't think I would screw with Justin too much and I don't think he will be intimidated very easily. It should be interesting!
Glory
8/10/2012 8:18am
Hope Herlings will be on that 250F bike! He is allowed to ride 250F in the mx3 class, right?

Post a reply to: 50 days away from the MXdN !!!

The Latest