A Well Paid Slave Is Nonetheless Still A Slave - Jody MXA

c3011
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2012 1:57pm
Has anyone read Jody's article in the latest MXA about the GP's? Thought it was pretty interesting and he took some pretty good swat's at the GP's (FIM & Youthstream) and the journalists that cover the GP series. Is this all just sour grapes from how the GP came off at Glen Helen? I think Jody (yes he did sign the article) made some pretty good points that should be answered if the series wants to be considered to be one of the final destiations for the best riders. What's Geoff got to say about this? I'd to hear McRead's take as well. Should be some interesting discussion.
|
jeffro503
8/5/2012 7:08pm
I haven't read it yet C3011...but thanks for bring it up. Going to go check it out.
rpoint116
8/5/2012 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2012 7:11pm
MXA has ALWAYS been critical of youthstream, for good reason.

I would not have used the word slave though. I'm glad nobody in the MX world is politically corect.

That artical paints a bleak picture of the GP's. That's too bad.
500guy
8/5/2012 9:04pm
Jody has always been like this about YS & Luongo , I heard it was a slight issue when the USGP came and if you notice he didn't praise them he mostly just didn't say anything.

Until riders and Teams stop paying and showing up it will never change,

What can Geoff do ? That is his living and seems like a good living for him, what motivation would he have to say anything negative ?

The Shop

wildbill
8/5/2012 11:11pm
how about having some personal integrity for wtf truly matters in life!
40Plus_922mx
8/6/2012 12:24am
Jody will never bow to money or to whats politicly the status quo.
Even though he is blunt it's usually in the best interests of the heros of this sport. The riders.
Big
8/6/2012 12:36am
Thats why i am a die hard fan of Jody W. Even thou he is the worlds slowest testrider.Wink Hi also have a name for Llongo and co. Its Swedish and goes like this .....Kuksugare! Take a guess what i mean?Whistling
Sunhouse
8/6/2012 1:38am
I don`t think MXA would print "cocksucker" in MXA Wink
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/6/2012 2:56am
Great article, interesting reading.
8/6/2012 6:40am
1. kick-the-dog syndrome. The act of mistreating a peer or someone inferior to you out of frustration because a superior (whom you can't argue with) has treated you poorly.
DirtRoadmx47
Fantasy
1640th
8/6/2012 7:25am
c3011 wrote:
Has anyone read Jody's article in the latest MXA about the GP's? Thought it was pretty interesting and he took some pretty good swat's at the...
Has anyone read Jody's article in the latest MXA about the GP's? Thought it was pretty interesting and he took some pretty good swat's at the GP's (FIM & Youthstream) and the journalists that cover the GP series. Is this all just sour grapes from how the GP came off at Glen Helen? I think Jody (yes he did sign the article) made some pretty good points that should be answered if the series wants to be considered to be one of the final destiations for the best riders. What's Geoff got to say about this? I'd to hear McRead's take as well. Should be some interesting discussion.
Guess a racers organization or riders rep does'nt work ? Soon you'll have riders holding up signs at the track entrances that say "will race for food" !!! The sports as lopsided as the worlds economy.......
ayearinmx
8/6/2012 7:38am
c3011 wrote:
Has anyone read Jody's article in the latest MXA about the GP's? Thought it was pretty interesting and he took some pretty good swat's at the...
An MXA article bashing the GPs? Must be that time of the month again...
Overdrive
8/6/2012 8:27am
The riders do stop showing up, they come over here and ride where they have a chance to make more money. I am fine with how the riders and teams are treated because the GP's end up being a farm league for the US nationals.

I have really enjoyed watching Ken and Marvin battle this year, they are great riders and I am sure they are missed on the GP tour. Its amazing how much talent we have got to enjoy first hand over the years due to guys leaving to ride the US nationals. Really fellas we do appriciate it your riders.

Now if I lived in Europe I would be pissed about the way the riders and teams are treated. Its just funny that an American mag is the one pitching a fit about it?
TX24
8/6/2012 10:17am
I wonder how long that govt. money can last in some of those countries.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2012 10:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
I just read this one >>> http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHATS-WRONG-WITH-THE-GPS-THE-2010-STORY-THAT-GIUSE-5553.aspx Is it basically the same article? Jody did a good job on breaking down the structure of Loungo and...
I just read this one >>> http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHATS-WRONG-WITH-THE-GPS-THE-20…

Is it basically the same article? Jody did a good job on breaking down the structure of Loungo and YT. Basically.....they sound like criminals. A criminal towards the sport anyways.
Jody didn't write that, but kudos to him for supporting and publishing the author, who shall remain nameless.
dehner47
8/6/2012 10:56am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2012 10:56am
i see this issues. but this also sounds like a few other well known motorsports series over the years that had to get worse, before they got better. actually, sounds exactly how most, if not all major motorsports events are run.
HuskyEd
8/6/2012 10:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
I just read this one >>> http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHATS-WRONG-WITH-THE-GPS-THE-2010-STORY-THAT-GIUSE-5553.aspx Is it basically the same article? Jody did a good job on breaking down the structure of Loungo and...
I just read this one >>> http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHATS-WRONG-WITH-THE-GPS-THE-20…

Is it basically the same article? Jody did a good job on breaking down the structure of Loungo and YT. Basically.....they sound like criminals. A criminal towards the sport anyways.
Jody didn't write that, but kudos to him for supporting and publishing the author, who shall remain nameless.
Probably says a lot on why there were only 19 MX1 riders on the gate in Russia.Whistling
Paul333
8/6/2012 11:35am
I just read it, and thought it was outstanding. Articles like that (+Bike & Product Tests) are why I have been buying MXA since 1981. That being said I buy them all every month; MXA, Racer-X, and Transworld.

It’s a travesty the GP’s are run by such a person.

Our sport is not the personal treasure chest of one greedy individual who rents it from the FIM. I personally think the FIM should be ashamed they let this happen.
Holigan
8/6/2012 12:35pm
Good job
DrSweden
8/6/2012 12:39pm
500guy wrote:
Jody has always been like this about YS & Luongo , I heard it was a slight issue when the USGP came and if you notice...
Jody has always been like this about YS & Luongo , I heard it was a slight issue when the USGP came and if you notice he didn't praise them he mostly just didn't say anything.

Until riders and Teams stop paying and showing up it will never change,

What can Geoff do ? That is his living and seems like a good living for him, what motivation would he have to say anything negative ?
2 that. If people have an issue, they can collectively sign up for any of the local series as in the British, French, if those have the pull to distance themselves to the GPs.
englishman
8/6/2012 12:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:

I understand the same can be said for the latest article.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2012 1:02pm
Holigan wrote:
Good job
To be clear, not me, but yes a good job by the author.
watson
8/6/2012 2:07pm
Excellent article. Sure wish Youthstream's bread and butter would start seriously protesting over more than a dusty track in Mexico.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/6/2012 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2012 4:35pm
c3011 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
An MXA article bashing the GPs? Must be that time of the month again...
8/6/2012 4:45pm
Wooeee...what a hit piece!

Journalistic normalcy would call for allowing the subject of an article that strong to be given the opportunity to comment. It's more of an editorial I guess.

Course it was obvious to me when I attended the most outrageously stupid spectator experience of my motocross life- the Budds Creek MXDN- that this particluar promoter treats fans like stray dogs. What an industry weiner-fest that was. This guy owns rights until 2026?!!

To be clear- the MXDN was awesome. But the crowd placement was downright dangerous. They roped off the majority of the track and crammed us all together for the TV cameras.
wildbill
8/6/2012 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2012 10:46pm
having, what appear to be, proper credentials helps tremendously in battling greedy promoters.

IS IT REALLY ONLY FOR THE CRÈME DE LA CRÈME? If a wad of cash is crème, then the biggest wad is the crème de la crème. Need examples? At the 2009 Turkish Grand Prix, Latvian Alojzij Fortuna paid his $1470 and raced the 450 class. He completed moto two in 26th place (and just missed a points-paying position by six spots). There is a catch about this crème de la crème rider. Alojzij’s best lap time was 36.5 seconds a lap slower than the leader. Would Luongo have us believe that a rider who gets lapped every three laps is the best the world has to offer?

Sounds like greed has gotten out of control.
Big
8/7/2012 2:39am
DrSweden wrote:
2 that. If people have an issue, they can collectively sign up for any of the local series as in the British, French, if those have...
2 that. If people have an issue, they can collectively sign up for any of the local series as in the British, French, if those have the pull to distance themselves to the GPs.
French is not open. Only few special "guests". But Red Bull National in Britain is coming strong and growing. Expanding to Nederlands with one race this year. They are going to start a new GP for all best riders in all classes says pitroumurs. They got the muscle to spank Llongos ass. And the owners of Red Bull is known to support sport for the reason it's just plain sport. They know the Llongo shitdeal for sure and probably gonna stop his madness.
Big
8/7/2012 2:46am
themrtoad wrote:
can someone post the article?
scrolla uppåt =Scroll upwards? Whistling
OriolMassot
8/7/2012 3:19am
I attended the GP's in Bellpuig (GP of Catalunya) since 2000, right when Dorna joined the three categories in one weekend. Prices were 30€ for the whole weekend (without pit-pass). I made a lot of friends from Bellpuig town and almost all of them used to work for the GP organisation.

As soon as Luongo came back, prices rised to 50€ and I was told that it was getting harder and harder to get benefits for this GP. As you might now, there is no GP anymore, first because of the spanish crisis, and second because GP Promoters were bankrupt.

Post a reply to: A Well Paid Slave Is Nonetheless Still A Slave - Jody MXA

The Latest