Chad reed

motokawi818
5/7/2017 11:10am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 1:14am
No love for Chad?! He looked amazing last night before getting ran high by Anderson. No complaints on Anderson's move, but it looked like the Chad of old and might have gotten the win!
|
toroP
5/7/2017 12:16pm
He was speedy but left the door open to a known door buster. A podium or even the win was possible, but nope.
Beeby
5/7/2017 12:18pm
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into the rest of the field and Reed doesn't care so went for it. I don't think he showed speed over everyone else. When you look at how fast Anderson caught him once he went past.
tickleme20
5/7/2017 12:39pm
Yeah, Reedy definitely impressed me last night, looked more like his old self.
KMC440
5/7/2017 12:45pm
You're right ... as long as everyone up front throws out the 150lb anchor Chad has a shot.
Child please.

The Shop

5/7/2017 12:50pm
Hate to burst any bubbles but the only reason Reed was there was because Tomac was crawling around the track to allow him to catch up...

Tomac slowed 2-4 seconds a lap. Eli, Dungey, and Anderson would have been gone if Eli hadn't executed the almighty "bunch up" so perfectly.
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
5/7/2017 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 12:54pm
Hell yes he looked sorta like his old self last night. Last race of the series, no ride next year, likes to bitch a lot...... His ride last night screamed "pick me! pick me!" Was rather amusing to see a front runner show him his presence wasn't needed near the front anymore......
Ebs
5/7/2017 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 1:03pm
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and Eli so he slows. Reed and Grant look amazing as they catch up to the last lap parade lap. Anderson finally says fawk it and drops the hammer on the clown show infront of him.
5/7/2017 1:08pm
Ebs wrote:
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and...
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and Eli so he slows. Reed and Grant look amazing as they catch up to the last lap parade lap. Anderson finally says fawk it and drops the hammer on the clown show infront of him.
Ha! Couldn't have said it better.
agn5009
5/7/2017 1:09pm
Beeby wrote:
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into...
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into the rest of the field and Reed doesn't care so went for it. I don't think he showed speed over everyone else. When you look at how fast Anderson caught him once he went past.
This is exactly right. Do people honestly think Reed and Grant found a few seconds a lap all of a sudden to keep up to Tomac and Dungey? Anderson I can believe being able to run with Dungey, not the other two.
DFWracefan
5/7/2017 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 1:13pm
Would like to see the individual lap times for each rider.

Last night I was truly wishing Anderson would not have taken out Reed. I am very curious to know what Reeds plan was? Was he just looking to get between Dungey and Tomac to help the points? Was he going to try to park Dungey? Was he going after Tomac? Or was he simply trying to get a win for the season?
motomx88
5/7/2017 1:17pm
Ebs wrote:
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and...
This!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
5/7/2017 1:17pm
toroP wrote:
He was speedy but left the door open to a known door buster. A podium or even the win was possible, but nope.
Why bust the door if it's already open?
Kenngg727
5/7/2017 1:18pm
DFWracefan wrote:
Would like to see the individual lap times for each rider. Last night I was truly wishing Anderson would not have taken out Reed. I am...

Last night I was truly wishing Anderson would not have taken out Reed. I am very curious to know what Reeds plan was? Was he just looking to get between Dungey and Tomac to help the points? Was he going to try to park Dungey? Was he going after Tomac? Or was he simply trying to get a win for the season?
I think Reed was out there racing for positions.
5/7/2017 1:21pm
Ebs wrote:
Yep, surprised the commentators didn't want to comment on what was obvious to everyone watching.
JM485
5/7/2017 1:24pm
DFWracefan wrote:
Would like to see the individual lap times for each rider. Last night I was truly wishing Anderson would not have taken out Reed. I am...

Like I said in another thread, Reed gave him a long congratulations after the race was over, he had no intention of messing with the points and only wanted the win. I'm throughly convinced he would have won that race had Ando not put him into the bales, I have no idea whether that was team orders or not and neither does anyone else, but it was bs either way. A Reed victory would have just capped off what may have been the best night of racing ever, too bad we'll never know.Angry
5/7/2017 1:30pm
JM485 wrote:
Like I said in another thread, Reed gave him a long congratulations after the race was over, he had no intention of messing with the points...
Like I said in another thread, Reed gave him a long congratulations after the race was over, he had no intention of messing with the points and only wanted the win. I'm throughly convinced he would have won that race had Ando not put him into the bales, I have no idea whether that was team orders or not and neither does anyone else, but it was bs either way. A Reed victory would have just capped off what may have been the best night of racing ever, too bad we'll never know.Angry
I don't think he would have beat Ando anyway, if Reed made a charge for the lead Andovwould have probably stepped it up as well rather than staying in position behind Dungey. As for the pass, we didn't see how hard Reed went in on him the corner before, maybe why he left the door open before the finish line.
motokawi818
5/7/2017 1:39pm
KMC440 wrote:
You're right ... as long as everyone up front throws out the 150lb anchor Chad has a shot.
Child please.
Are you thick? Not everyone through the anchor. Maybe dung and tomac were messing around but he passed some quality riders and a podium was definitely possible.
motokawi818
5/7/2017 1:41pm
JM485 wrote:
Like I said in another thread, Reed gave him a long congratulations after the race was over, he had no intention of messing with the points...
Reed should have went to the inside before the finish. Anderson was going for it for a win too so I don't blame him for the move at all, Reed should have seen that coming.
motokawi818
5/7/2017 1:44pm
Beeby wrote:
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into...
agn5009 wrote:
This is exactly right. Do people honestly think Reed and Grant found a few seconds a lap all of a sudden to keep up to Tomac...
This is exactly right. Do people honestly think Reed and Grant found a few seconds a lap all of a sudden to keep up to Tomac and Dungey? Anderson I can believe being able to run with Dungey, not the other two.
You guys are ridiculous. Did you not see practice with grant up at the top in lap times? So much reed hate. Yeah maybe the top two were messing with each other and showed, but reed looked podium speed for sure.
5/7/2017 1:58pm
Beeby wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This is exactly right. Do people honestly think Reed and Grant found a few seconds a lap all of a sudden to keep up to Tomac...
You guys are ridiculous. Did you not see practice with grant up at the top in lap times? So much reed hate. Yeah maybe the top...
You guys are ridiculous. Did you not see practice with grant up at the top in lap times? So much reed hate. Yeah maybe the top two were messing with each other and showed, but reed looked podium speed for sure.
Grant definitely found some speed, and Reed was a little quicker than normal too but he was nowhere near podium speed. Go look at the individual lap times. Anderson's average was a half second quicker than Reed's while he was following the circus. Don't forget MM was out either. Reed would have been in 7th or 8th. This is a little better than where he's been finishing but definitely not podium status.
BobbyM
5/7/2017 2:05pm
No love for Chad?! He looked amazing last night before getting ran high by Anderson. No complaints on Anderson's move, but it looked like the Chad...
No love for Chad?! He looked amazing last night before getting ran high by Anderson. No complaints on Anderson's move, but it looked like the Chad of old and might have gotten the win!
REED can still win and is still top 5 in the world on a sx track
BobPA
5/7/2017 2:18pm
No love for Chad?! He looked amazing last night before getting ran high by Anderson. No complaints on Anderson's move, but it looked like the Chad...
BobbyM wrote:
Top 10 yes

Top 5...I don't think so
HD1200
5/7/2017 2:19pm
BobbyM wrote:
You can't post realistic factual crap in this thread. Silly
oshow
5/7/2017 2:35pm
Sharks can always see blood in the water .
mxgoon
5/7/2017 5:44pm
This is not a suprise.

He has stated all year his bikes works on hardpack and is not so good on the soft rutted tracks.

Last night was one of the few hardpack tracks all season.
Crush
5/7/2017 6:14pm
mxgoon wrote:
This is not a suprise. He has stated all year his bikes works on hardpack and is not so good on the soft rutted tracks. Last...
This is not a suprise.

He has stated all year his bikes works on hardpack and is not so good on the soft rutted tracks.

Yep. 5th fastest lap time of the night, irrespective of what was happening ahead of him.

Like i've said since Phoenix. You don't have a performance like that and not still have "it".

Fact is, that bike has a weird rep, Coop has it working on soft, Chad has it good on hardpack. And a bunch have said it's hard to setup.

Fuck knows how he gets on a different bike but i'd love to see him have a ride on a Suzuki or steel frame bike. I bet you'd all be pissed off at how good he'd be again.
AUS_Twisted
5/7/2017 6:40pm
Beeby wrote:
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and wide from the inside to do it.
motokawi818
5/7/2017 6:45pm
Beeby wrote:
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and...
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and wide from the inside to do it.
Yeah that guys argument no way disproves reeds great ride. I'm bummed reed left the door open! I really think he at least had a podium. He should be super proud of how he rode, definitely still has got some magic in him.
mxgoon
5/7/2017 7:11pm
mxgoon wrote:
This is not a suprise. He has stated all year his bikes works on hardpack and is not so good on the soft rutted tracks. Last...
This is not a suprise.

Crush wrote:
Yep. 5th fastest lap time of the night, irrespective of what was happening ahead of him. Like i've said since Phoenix. You don't have a performance...
Yep. 5th fastest lap time of the night, irrespective of what was happening ahead of him.

Like i've said since Phoenix. You don't have a performance like that and not still have "it".

Fact is, that bike has a weird rep, Coop has it working on soft, Chad has it good on hardpack. And a bunch have said it's hard to setup.

Fuck knows how he gets on a different bike but i'd love to see him have a ride on a Suzuki or steel frame bike. I bet you'd all be pissed off at how good he'd be again.
I'm hoping for a switch to RCH.

Cant see him going anywhere else.

Need to get off that yammie but.
MX4EVR
5/7/2017 7:23pm
BobbyM wrote:
Agree brah

Post a reply to: Chad reed

The Latest