Congratulations...Ryan Surratt

jeffro503
8/3/2012 9:32pm
Hey WP.....this kid wouldn't happen to be any relation to Willie Surrat would he? I noticed his name the other day and he was listed to be from California....not sure where Willie was from.....but I was just curious.
HuskyEd
8/3/2012 9:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey WP.....this kid wouldn't happen to be any relation to Willie Surrat would he? I noticed his name the other day and he was listed to...
Hey WP.....this kid wouldn't happen to be any relation to Willie Surrat would he? I noticed his name the other day and he was listed to be from California....not sure where Willie was from.....but I was just curious.
(Wild)Willie's son.Wink
jeffro503
8/3/2012 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2012 9:43pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey WP.....this kid wouldn't happen to be any relation to Willie Surrat would he? I noticed his name the other day and he was listed to...
HuskyEd wrote:
(Wild)Willie's son.Wink
I'll be damned! Really? That is cool as hell! Still remember watching Ol' Willie tear it up on a 125 at carlsbad during a golden state national I think when they aired it on TNN.( 84' I think? ) I think George Holland won both moto's on his Suzuki #65. Been a long time since I watched that race....so some info may be a little off......but i must of watched it 100 times! Willie was one of my heroes growing up!
TG130
8/3/2012 11:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
HuskyEd wrote:
(Wild)Willie's son.Wink
HA ! Dr Miguelito Loveless !! Love it.

The Shop

The Rock
11/9/2013 12:50pm
Check out Ryan Surrat's video on MXA's website. The music starts of okay but I had to turn the volume off when the rap started....hey I know I'm old.

Some great battles at REM a few years ago between Willie Surrat and Larry Brooks....and one other rider I'm spacing on.
Willie is a huge fan of the sport and I respect his always being candid Super pumped to see Ryan's rise continue........

TG130 The episodes of the Wild Wild West with Dr. Miguelito Loveless were by far the best episodes of the series. Loved the one where he escaped into the painting.
Billy77
11/9/2013 5:05pm
For coming back to win the third and final moto in convincing style in the Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B class to finish 2nd overall at Loretta...
For coming back to win the third and final moto in convincing style in the Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B class to finish 2nd overall at Loretta Lynn's.
He rode so well that last moto, the competition asked him to tear down the bike for inspection. Upon said inspection, everything checked out legal.

Good job, happy for you and your Dad.
old news... kid got smoked at the monster cup though.. good rider though...
bd
11/9/2013 5:32pm
For coming back to win the third and final moto in convincing style in the Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B class to finish 2nd overall at Loretta...
For coming back to win the third and final moto in convincing style in the Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B class to finish 2nd overall at Loretta Lynn's.
He rode so well that last moto, the competition asked him to tear down the bike for inspection. Upon said inspection, everything checked out legal.

Billy77 wrote:
7th or 8th O/A? 95% of the people in MX wouldn't fare that well. Pretty dam awesome making it to the show.
bvm111
11/9/2013 10:28pm

Billy77 wrote:
How did you or your son do at MEC?

Just curious.
BigDaddyG
11/9/2013 10:34pm
I grew up watching Willie at the races as a kid....he was one fast mofo! One of my childhood heros for sure. Used to love watching him, Mike Pascarella, Kenny Zahrt, Jeff Mayberry, Tim Hanna, etc... dicing almost every weekend for a few years in the mid 80's.

Glad to see his kid got some of the talent and is doing very well.
ocscottie
11/9/2013 11:17pm
To the "old news..." kook, this thread is from August dumbass.
Billy77
11/12/2013 10:15am
ocscottie wrote:
I know you kook..lol.. that's a good one.. I didn't start this thread if you look at it.. how many posts do you do each day? I want your job... don't get your panties in a bunch in a thread I didn't start.. Were all allowed our opinions on here oc scottie... its all good bro...relax a little
Billy77
11/12/2013 10:18am
I remember Willie Surratt to but I think he burned every bridge in the industry when he raced, hope it doesn't affect his son cause his kid is fast
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
11/12/2013 10:20am
We've got a bright one here! Scottie, type the work "August" again but a little slower this time.
Billy77
11/12/2013 10:20am

Billy77 wrote:
bd wrote:
7th or 8th O/A? 95% of the people in MX wouldn't fare that well. Pretty dam awesome making it to the show.
there were no qualifiers for those guys at the mec if you didn't know.. there was only 15 or so on the gate bd...
Jakes Dad
11/12/2013 11:31am
Billy77 wrote:
bd wrote:
Billy77 wrote:
there were no qualifiers for those guys at the mec if you didn't know.. there was only 15 or so on the gate bd...
How do you suppose they got there in the first place? Maybe being ranked top 15 in the country, now there's a thought!
11/12/2013 7:18pm
Billy77 wrote:
bd wrote:
Billy77 wrote:
Hey Billy....Sounds like maybe your ass hurt about something.
Did you get T-boned by Willie way back and you haven't forgot it?

For your info...there was several guys that were sent packing at Monster Cup. They only allowed a select few of the fastest to race that night. Ryan just happen to be in that crowd.

Looks like Ryan is where he is in large part, because of Willie and the relationships he himself has "bridged" over the years.
Shawn142
11/12/2013 8:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
August 2012. Surratt won the Schoolboy titles this year.
The Rock
2/26/2014 1:04am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2014 1:08am

250 INTERMEDIATE: Ryan Surratt (1-1), Kordel Caro (2-2) and Matt Bynum (3-3).

He was going off over this jump at REM last Saturday. Kid is going places.
jleews6
2/26/2014 6:46am
I got to watch him this past year at Mini Os and the kid can ride. Between him,Jerry Robbin and Keith Tucker there was some great battles but Tucker was feeling it that week and got the best of them.
Squid-mom
2/26/2014 4:51pm
jleews6 wrote:
I got to watch him this past year at Mini Os and the kid can ride. Between him,Jerry Robbin and Keith Tucker there was some great...
I got to watch him this past year at Mini Os and the kid can ride. Between him,Jerry Robbin and Keith Tucker there was some great battles but Tucker was feeling it that week and got the best of them.
Apparently, he is the only one of the bunch that stayed in the intermediate class for 2014 though.
web mx
2/26/2014 5:35pm
Willie Surratt is originally from michigan.Used to watch him race as a kid then his family moved to cali in early 80's.
jleews6
2/26/2014 6:17pm
jleews6 wrote:
I got to watch him this past year at Mini Os and the kid can ride. Between him,Jerry Robbin and Keith Tucker there was some great...
Squid-mom wrote:
Apparently, he is the only one of the bunch that stayed in the intermediate class for 2014 though.
Yea. He will probably be the guy to beat this year in B class.
Squid-mom
2/26/2014 7:36pm
jleews6 wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
jleews6 wrote:
Not if he races Alexander Frye- that kid was on the gas last time I watched him ride!!!
bobmx
2/26/2014 9:25pm
his dad Willie will ruin his chances of any ride in the future. HIm and tony Alessi need to hang out at home and watch from the couch
jleews6
2/27/2014 6:32am
Squid-mom wrote:
jleews6 wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
Not if he races Alexander Frye- that kid was on the gas last time I watched him ride!!!
I agree Alexander is flying and is a very nice kid but Surratt was faster at Mini Os last year. Im sure they are both going faster this year and Fry just won the LL qualifier at Reddick last week so we know he is flying. Should be a great year.
The Rock
8/13/2014 12:45am
Ryan just topped the 250 Pro class at REM and Cole Seeley was one of the riders he beat.

250 Pro: Ryan Surratt easily won both motos of the 250 Pro class and came through to eventually pass all of the 450 Pros. Cole Seeley went 4-2 for second with Kristoffer Palm third.
DonM
8/13/2014 5:44am
web mx wrote:
Willie Surratt is originally from michigan.Used to watch him race as a kid then his family moved to cali in early 80's.
I remember Willie riding 80's in Michigan, he was one that had some great style....Another Michigan rider that Cali claims as one of theirs was Billy Frank...The mafia was unbelievably loaded with talent during the late 70's and through the 80's
mx21
8/13/2014 6:20am
The Rock wrote:
Ryan just topped the 250 Pro class at [url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/rem-glen-helen-race-report-like-no-other-local-race-on-the-planet]REM[/url] and Cole Seeley was one of the riders he beat. [b]250 Pro:[/b] [i]Ryan Surratt easily won both...
Ryan just topped the 250 Pro class at REM and Cole Seeley was one of the riders he beat.

250 Pro: Ryan Surratt easily won both motos of the 250 Pro class and came through to eventually pass all of the 450 Pros. Cole Seeley went 4-2 for second with Kristoffer Palm third.
You're not thinking of the Cole Seely who was racing Unadilla the same day, right? Wink
socalmx716
8/13/2014 8:37am
The Rock wrote:
Ryan just topped the 250 Pro class at [url=http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/rem-glen-helen-race-report-like-no-other-local-race-on-the-planet]REM[/url] and Cole Seeley was one of the riders he beat. [b]250 Pro:[/b] [i]Ryan Surratt easily won both...

It's a different Cole Seeley, I was at REM this past weekend. Ryan hauls ass for sure!

Post a reply to: Congratulations...Ryan Surratt

The Latest