Denver Endurocross Bench Racing

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
9/30/2017 9:35pm
Where was everyone? The stands were empty.
JM485
9/30/2017 10:01pm
JM485 wrote:
Why the hell is Webb screwing around with him? Just let Colton go and take the lead back when he takes the No Joke lane, why...
Why the hell is Webb screwing around with him? Just let Colton go and take the lead back when he takes the No Joke lane, why give him the chance to put you on the ground? Seems like if you're in the lead you should just take the No Joke lane in the last lap.
Ted722 wrote:
Funny, how that worked out. Would have been a lot more boring if Webb hadn't taken the no joke lane early. Check Webb's pit board! Who...
Funny, how that worked out. Would have been a lot more boring if Webb hadn't taken the no joke lane early. Check Webb's pit board! Who was operating it? Eric Peronard? Smile Just kidding. It was a good show and that's all that matters!
Lol no kidding, might need to have a strategie meeting before the next race.

Sorry I missed you in Reno. Any chance you're going to go down to Ontario again? I'm debating on heading down to that one, I want to do another race this year and that is the closest one.
Ted722
9/30/2017 10:07pm
JM485 wrote:
Lol no kidding, might need to have a strategie meeting before the next race. Sorry I missed you in Reno. Any chance you're going to go...
Lol no kidding, might need to have a strategie meeting before the next race.

Sorry I missed you in Reno. Any chance you're going to go down to Ontario again? I'm debating on heading down to that one, I want to do another race this year and that is the closest one.
Yeah, you know we got up there late. Swung through the pits after the race and they were sure different than Ontrario! It was dark and heavy equipment was already on the way in breaking down the track. Had an early game Sun. morning, so we got out of there. Ontario? Probably not, but I've been known to change my mind when it comes to this stuff!!
JM485
9/30/2017 10:18pm
Ted722 wrote:
Yeah, you know we got up there late. Swung through the pits after the race and they were sure different than Ontrario! It was dark and...
Yeah, you know we got up there late. Swung through the pits after the race and they were sure different than Ontrario! It was dark and heavy equipment was already on the way in breaking down the track. Had an early game Sun. morning, so we got out of there. Ontario? Probably not, but I've been known to change my mind when it comes to this stuff!!
Ya the pits were definitely a little bit of a mess, I ended up parking way over on the other side of the stairs leading into the stadium, I didn't want to get caught up in the mess of trailers and bikes crammed into that little area. Racing Ontario is something that kind of just popped in my head a few days ago, Reno left a bad taste in my mouth and I want another shot.

The Shop

Racer142
10/1/2017 4:59am
I wish I could have been there today out tomorrow but I'm stuck working on the ambulance dealing with drunks and fights.
DA498
10/1/2017 9:21am
mx510 wrote:
Where was everyone? The stands were empty.
I was there with my son, great race and a lot of fun. There was actually a pretty good crowd. Seemed solid across the finish line side of track where we were. Would like if they toned the music and audio down. Way too loud. Colton and Cody are next level. Luckily there are two because it would be no competition otherwise.
ccullins76
10/1/2017 3:19pm
On our long 14.5 hour drive home now.
I think this thread shows how the live feed is good and better than having a tv broadcast a few weeks later. This way both fans and family members of the racers can watch at home.

So as far as our night- for those that don't know my 18 year old son Ty races the pro class on the #16 Beta.

Felt pretty good coming in. After finishing 13th and 9th at the first two rounds, winning the qualifier at both rounds and sitting 10th in points felt he had a pretty decent start to the season and was looking to build on it to get further into the top 10. Well the wheels totally fell off in Denver. A crash in the hot lap left him with a back row start for the qualifier. Still wasn't too worried, figured he could still get top 5. Well after a crash and some other mess ups he wound up 6th, right on 5th's tail. Still wasn't too worried as we figured he could make it out of the lcq.
When he lined up for the lcq with first gate pick I don't mean this the wrong way, but I really thought he would pull the holeshot and walk away with it. Well he didn't get the greatest of starts, got tangled up in the firewood corner, crashed a few times and generally just didn't ride fast left him way out. His effort was there so much so he wadded up on the last lap trying to make one more pass, but things just weren't working out. Think maybe we'll try practicing a different way the next couple weeks. Not much else I can say.

I agree with you guys, the sound system was really bad there. We don't normally hear it on the floor, but I watched the main from the stands and my ears hurt.

As far as the track goes. It's funny if you showed me a picture of Denver and Reno I would have said Denver was way better. However after watching the racing I feel Reno was a better track. It was more free flowing, had more options. Plus it had a nice rock section that was big enough when one guy got messed up others could still get by. Also the firewood pit and Reno was good. If a guy got stuck on the log coming out others could then get by and pass him. The firewood corner at Denver just caused a traffic jam when one guy messed up.

Of course Colton and Cody are still killing it! I'm sure Coltons arm doesn't feel great, but I saw no ill effects from it in his riding. He was even strong at the end of the race which is his trade mark. I don't believe he's more physically fit than Cody, just more mentally strong at the end of the race. Also 3 races in and another different guy on the podium with Colton and Cody. It's a huge fight for that 3rd spot.

Max Gerston came in really messed up. He couldn't even get his bike off the stand and he really had no idea if he could ride. He felt a little better as the practices went on. Although I'm not all that surprised he rode, the guy rode x-Games a couple years ago with a broken hip! He's tough and crazy enough to make it happen.

Yeah the pits are way different at every round, depends on the venue and it's what they and we have to deal with. Some are definitely better than others.

ccullins76
10/1/2017 3:55pm
colintrax wrote:
Kacy has a factory KTM 150. That has got to be a ridiculously fun bike
I hate to admit it, but that KTM 150 is the coolest bike in the pits! It's also a PDS bike
RangerLee
10/1/2017 4:49pm
How did the Alta rider do? I honestly did not notice it during the broadcast.
ccullins76
10/1/2017 4:51pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
I love Kepples style!
Noah is a good kid (21 years old) and IMO about the most naturally talented rider out there.
ccullins76
10/1/2017 4:58pm
RangerLee wrote:
I never saw an Alta. Maybe in one of the amateur classes and I missed it? Surprised how much interest is in it.

I have to amend some bad info I gave in another thread awhile back. I thought it was the frame that broke in Vegas. It wasn't, it was the linkage. So much for 2nd hand info! As beefy as the frames look I was surprised to hear it would break. The quality of the welds looks way better than any Japanese aluminum frames, looks on par with like TM's.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
10/1/2017 6:54pm
colintrax wrote:
Kacy has a factory KTM 150. That has got to be a ridiculously fun bike
ccullins76 wrote:
I hate to admit it, but that KTM 150 is the coolest bike in the pits! It's also a PDS bike
Ted722 wrote:
Super cool! Id kill to spin some laps on that thing. Probably need to change up some things though, I'm a bit taller than Kacy
Ted722
10/1/2017 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 7:07pm
ccullins76 wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
Super cool! Id kill to spin some laps on that thing. Probably need to change up some things though, I'm a bit taller than Kacy
PDS, electric start, 190lbs, probably 40hp (or more)?...and all the other goodies. Nice tool for the job!!
Jtommr
10/1/2017 7:16pm
RangerLee wrote:
4th in amateur class.
Ted722
10/1/2017 7:32pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah bro.
EZZA 95B wrote:
Cheers man.
Still LOL Ezza! Laughing Looking forward to (hopefully) some photoshop for the remaining rounds. Yeah bro. Cheers man!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/1/2017 10:24pm
Ted722 wrote:
Still LOL Ezza! Laughing Looking forward to (hopefully) some photoshop for the remaining rounds. Yeah bro. Cheers man!
Hahaha, glad I could give you guys a chuckle... I'm looking forward to the next round!
Love the fact that people involved in the series are in the race threads too! I will be cheering extra loud for Ty Cullins.

P.S MXdN was awesome!
DannoJ919
10/2/2017 5:12am
Chris,
It was nice to meet you in Denver and thanks for the thoughts on the tracks and things.
I have heard a few times that the sound was too loud and will make sure the production guys know about it. I have a headset on all night so I didn't notice it on the floor.
I watched the guy on the Alta during the day and he rode well. It looked like the bike was working for him. I don't know what his name is.
I liked the firewood in Reno better than Denver took. It was more work for me getting people out of it but I think it worked better on the track.
I know the crew running the events this year is working hard to make improvements to the track as well as the show. The feedback from riders, family and anyone at the events or watching them is always welcome.
We even had tear down done at 1:45 am this week compared to 4 am in Reno. That made my 6am flight home a little better. Lol
ccullins76
10/2/2017 5:15am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 7:36am

Not that there was any doubt, but this is what the riders do that are on the starting line when the National Anthem is played
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
10/2/2017 7:54am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 7:55am
Was there, it was a great event! Haaker kept Webb honest, down to the wire! The biggest surprise was seeing Destry Abbott race and win in the Vet class!. He still has it.

Post a reply to: Denver Endurocross Bench Racing

The Latest