Fox 50: Ohio

-eagle-
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:36am
Nice new feature on RX this week.

Figure each week will have a hand full of guys left off from each state.

Feel free to add honorable mentions:

Josh Steel

Mark Burkhart

Tommy Collier

Charlie Dunaway

Willy B

Josh Demuth

Jimmy Eickel

Can't wait to see who they pick for WV.

There's been a few guys squeak in some shows in the last decade but Childress and Davey are the only guys that come to mind that have been inside the top 15. I've only been around since the early 90's though.
|
JW381
4/9/2010 11:22am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:00pm
I was pretty pumped on this idea. Can't wait for Oregon and Washington.

Florida is going to be a looooooong list.
JB 19
4/9/2010 11:32am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:00pm
Gary Semics

Denny Swartz

Jeremy Buehl

Brock Sellards

Greg Rand

Thats my five..........so many guys that didn't quite make it big.

DC
4/9/2010 11:42am
Thanks guys. If anyone has some nominations for Arizona (next week's ballot) please send them to:

Letters@racerxonline.com

We already have Button, Blake, Blose, Gaddis, Kalos, Serrano...

DC
MX Sports
-eagle-
4/9/2010 11:48am
JB 19 wrote:
Gary Semics

Denny Swartz

Jeremy Buehl

Brock Sellards

Greg Rand

Thats my five..........so many guys that didn't quite make it big.

Looks like mine.
I went willard over rand though.

Chris Witcraft for another honorable mention while I"m at it.

The Shop

JW381
4/9/2010 11:49am
DC wrote:
Thanks guys. If anyone has some nominations for Arizona (next week's ballot) please send them to: Letters@racerxonline.com We already have Button, Blake, Blose, Gaddis, Kalos, Serrano...
Thanks guys. If anyone has some nominations for Arizona (next week's ballot) please send them to:

Letters@racerxonline.com

DC
MX Sports
DC, one thing I was thinking might be kind of cool: Ask for nominations, as well as pictures of riders back in the day in their native lands. I know I could send you a few pics of Josh Hill out at Albany. Just thought it might add to an already cool feature.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
4/9/2010 11:58am
-eagle- wrote:
Nice new feature on RX this week. Figure each week will have a hand full of guys left off from each state. Feel free to add...

Josh Steel

Mark Burkhart

Tommy Collier

Charlie Dunaway

Willy B

Josh Demuth

Jimmy Eickel

There's been a few guys squeak in some shows in the last decade but Childress and Davey are the only guys that come to mind that have been inside the top 15. I've only been around since the early 90's though.
Bryan and Ryan Smith
Chuck Reed
Greg Maddox
Greg Rand
moto589
4/9/2010 12:19pm
Paul Kissig - AMA #223 out of Mentor, Ohio

mxbeeb
4/9/2010 12:41pm
Brad Strunk, Tom Kelley, David Hill, J.D. Collins...
ASH510
4/11/2010 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2010 7:37pm
Mike Katin, Vince Karnow and Jeromy Buehl
Friday
4/11/2010 9:21pm
Denny Swartz was my hero as a kid.He was a friend of my Dad's and I copied his style(without his speed). Blush Mark Mussleman. Brian Wilson.Todd Perkins.Troy Graham.Troy Smith.Brett Rader.Mark Weaver.
Sully
4/11/2010 9:26pm
JW381 wrote:
I was pretty pumped on this idea. Can't wait for Oregon and Washington.

Florida is going to be a looooooong list.
Florida? Hell, California is probably going to need it's own server.
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
4/11/2010 9:56pm
DC wrote:
Thanks guys. If anyone has some nominations for Arizona (next week's ballot) please send them to: Letters@racerxonline.com We already have Button, Blake, Blose, Gaddis, Kalos, Serrano...

Letters@racerxonline.com

DC
MX Sports
For AZ-
Robert Naughton. He is a natural talent at just about everything. Top 80/125 Racer throughout the 80's. Then champion downhill mountain biker, bad ass on a jet-ski, bad ass on a snowboard, bad ass in the WORCS series for years, now a bad ass in the off road truck racing series.

Of the names above, which Blose? Chappy (Factory Kawasaki), Michael (SX lites podium finisher), or Chris(current top 5 contender)? Hard to choose....

Don't forget the Dircks brothers, Drey had more success (Trans-Cal champion and podium 125 SX)) but Gary was such a natural it was almost scary. He could sit on his ass for months and then come out and run with national caliber riders.

Bobby Moore lives in AZ now, can we claim him too....?
mxdancer
4/12/2010 9:20am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:04pm
DC wrote:

Letters@racerxonline.com

DC
MX Sports
Love this idea. I am also anxious to see who makes the list for Arizona. Two different generation of Bloses raced AMA pro events out of Arizona. Four all together. Here are my candidates:

Chris (still racing and currently 13th in points in the SX class),
Michael (podiumed in Atlanta SX and numerous arenacross wins),
Chappy (125 National Amateur Champion in 1978 and former factory Kawi rider) and ,
Bob (front runner for a Husky factory spot in 1976 before he had a career ending injury).

All four are also native Arizonians. I know I'm prejudiced but I can't imagine a list of top AZ riders, of all time, without all 4 being on it. I'm sure lots and lots of AZ enthusiasts will agree with me on this one. Blink

By-the-way...I voted on the Ohio group too.

Gma B
rmpilot
4/12/2010 9:30am
lee heckendorf has to be in for wisconsin because has not turned to the dark side of four strokes
WSR
4/13/2010 4:08am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2010 4:08am
Did they say who won in Ohio?
10/1/2010 7:09pm
-eagle- wrote:
Nice new feature on RX this week. Figure each week will have a hand full of guys left off from each state. Feel free to add...

Josh Steel

Mark Burkhart

Tommy Collier

Charlie Dunaway

Willy B

Josh Demuth

Jimmy Eickel

what about other guys like Dwayne Evans ,Doug Flinner, andDonald Edwards ?I seen Edwards beat Rand, Childress ,Strunk,Eikel,all these guys you have listed.and he done it on strait up junk.
-eagle-
10/1/2010 11:11pm
what about other guys like Dwayne Evans ,Doug Flinner, andDonald Edwards ?I seen Edwards beat Rand, Childress ,Strunk,Eikel,all these guys you have listed.and he done it...
what about other guys like Dwayne Evans ,Doug Flinner, andDonald Edwards ?I seen Edwards beat Rand, Childress ,Strunk,Eikel,all these guys you have listed.and he done it on strait up junk.
Damn dude, you live on the same block as me?
ehr400
10/2/2010 2:00am
What about Joe Oehlof?
Www231
6/24/2016 8:10pm
-eagle- wrote:

Josh Steel

Mark Burkhart

Tommy Collier

Charlie Dunaway

Willy B

Josh Demuth

Jimmy Eickel

Does anyone remember John krotzer, Joe mauer, Randy duskin, Todd woods, Arnold Kelly, josh Steele, Steve crow, jerremy buehl, brian a wink, jimmy eickle, raced them all, had lots of good battles with them. Anyone remember me: Walt Wlodarsky (231) kaw, Suz.? 1977-2001.
6/24/2016 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 8:23pm
Www231 wrote:
Does anyone remember John krotzer, Joe mauer, Randy duskin, Todd woods, Arnold Kelly, josh Steele, Steve crow, jerremy buehl, brian a wink, jimmy eickle, raced them...
Does anyone remember John krotzer, Joe mauer, Randy duskin, Todd woods, Arnold Kelly, josh Steele, Steve crow, jerremy buehl, brian a wink, jimmy eickle, raced them all, had lots of good battles with them. Anyone remember me: Walt Wlodarsky (231) kaw, Suz.? 1977-2001.
Ummm...you just posted in a six year old thread.
6/24/2016 10:23pm
Karl Scott... Was a Ohio legend before he moved... Frank Bitner a lorettas champ and can't forget Brent Maimone. Who's dad Bud started Cobra motorcycles in Ohio!!! Bud Maimone and Cobra progressed the sport more than any other bike or product.. The cobra 50 allowed kids to go faster at a younger age and made better riders for us to watch today. Bud Maimone changed the sport in his garage in Ohio.

Post a reply to: Fox 50: Ohio

The Latest