HRC Honda releases statement on Cole Seely's Shock Failure at MXoN

motogrady
10/6/2017 9:40am
silver753 wrote:
Monday morning quarterbacks all over this post. So what they are saying, is if a part fails on my motorcycle, chain, bars, forks, shock, tires, tubes...
Monday morning quarterbacks all over this post. So what they are saying, is if a part fails on my motorcycle, chain, bars, forks, shock, tires, tubes, throw it out completly and never install the same part again? If I have a Dunlop tube in my bike and I get a pinch flat, I'm putting a Dunlop tube back in it. If I bend my Renthals, I'm putting Renthals back on it. People think waaaaay too much, again, too much monday morning quaterback going on here. Hindsight is always 20/20.

If any of these morons had enough knowledge to be on a factory race team......oh never mind.....
H4L wrote:
LOL ! It's amusing to see the internet experts & their logic of something they have 0 experience at that level...

Eh.......those guys live that stuff. 24-7. It's all they do. They get paid to make sure that stuff doesn't happen.

Heads roll.
mark911
10/6/2017 1:33pm
silver753 wrote:
Monday morning quarterbacks all over this post. So what they are saying, is if a part fails on my motorcycle, chain, bars, forks, shock, tires, tubes...
Monday morning quarterbacks all over this post. So what they are saying, is if a part fails on my motorcycle, chain, bars, forks, shock, tires, tubes, throw it out completly and never install the same part again? If I have a Dunlop tube in my bike and I get a pinch flat, I'm putting a Dunlop tube back in it. If I bend my Renthals, I'm putting Renthals back on it. People think waaaaay too much, again, too much monday morning quaterback going on here. Hindsight is always 20/20.

If any of these morons had enough knowledge to be on a factory race team......oh never mind.....
H4L wrote:
LOL ! It's amusing to see the internet experts & their logic of something they have 0 experience at that level...
motogrady wrote:

Eh.......those guys live that stuff. 24-7. It's all they do. They get paid to make sure that stuff doesn't happen.

Heads roll.
During the last phases of assembly and test of a communications satellite, it costs about $20,000/hr to support the 24/7 effort. When a problem on the floor stops the assembly all that money suddenly goes down the drain. I was one of handful of vehicle engineers the company (Boeing) depended on to solve and correct any mechanical failures or issues. If I didn’t do my job correctly and quickly the company could lose tens of thousands each day and potentially an entire satellite worth hundreds of millions.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I’m qualified to express an opinion regarding this mechanical failure.
motogrady
10/6/2017 2:39pm
H4L wrote:
motogrady wrote:

Heads roll.
mark911 wrote:
During the last phases of assembly and test of a communications satellite, it costs about $20,000/hr to support the 24/7 effort. When a problem on the...
During the last phases of assembly and test of a communications satellite, it costs about $20,000/hr to support the 24/7 effort. When a problem on the floor stops the assembly all that money suddenly goes down the drain. I was one of handful of vehicle engineers the company (Boeing) depended on to solve and correct any mechanical failures or issues. If I didn’t do my job correctly and quickly the company could lose tens of thousands each day and potentially an entire satellite worth hundreds of millions.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I’m qualified to express an opinion regarding this mechanical failure.
Of course you do guy.
Everybody does, as long as it's mostly civil.
Some times people forget, this is a business at that level.
I wonder how many guys are thinking, in the back of their mind, KYB is crap. I'll never get that shock.
Same with Red.
Who gives a hoot a one off part, not made by them, was to blame.
The Honda failed. Twice. When it mattered.
Put that in a guys head that's ready to spend 10 k on a new bike, yikes.

Hey, it's a moot point now, but it may go deeper than the guy wrenching.
Who made the call to use an unproven part in that situation?
Was it wise to be the only guy running a sort of untested unit in the first place?

Either way, hats off to the winners.
ANd our guys that tried.
We'll be back next year, win or lose.
kiwifan
10/6/2017 3:24pm
motogrady wrote:

Heads roll.
mark911 wrote:
During the last phases of assembly and test of a communications satellite, it costs about $20,000/hr to support the 24/7 effort. When a problem on the...

motogrady wrote:
Of course you do guy. Everybody does, as long as it's mostly civil. Some times people forget, this is a business at that level. I wonder...
Of course you do guy.
Everybody does, as long as it's mostly civil.
Some times people forget, this is a business at that level.
I wonder how many guys are thinking, in the back of their mind, KYB is crap. I'll never get that shock.
Same with Red.
Who gives a hoot a one off part, not made by them, was to blame.
The Honda failed. Twice. When it mattered.
Put that in a guys head that's ready to spend 10 k on a new bike, yikes.

Hey, it's a moot point now, but it may go deeper than the guy wrenching.
Who made the call to use an unproven part in that situation?
Was it wise to be the only guy running a sort of untested unit in the first place?

Either way, hats off to the winners.
ANd our guys that tried.
We'll be back next year, win or lose.
Good bloody grief....the level of stupidity in the first two paragraphs amazes me

The Shop

motogrady
10/6/2017 4:29pm
Laughing

Oh, I forgot. Only kiwi has the right to give his view,
A different view is stupid.

And the fact that Honda tries distancing their bike from the part that failed means nothing at all.

I guess those KYB Shock guys are getting overtime
for the next few months.
Demand for that model, surely going off the charts.
kiwifan
10/6/2017 8:01pm
motogrady wrote:
:laugh: Oh, I forgot. Only kiwi has the right to give his view, A different view is stupid. And the fact that Honda tries distancing their...
Laughing

Oh, I forgot. Only kiwi has the right to give his view,
A different view is stupid.

And the fact that Honda tries distancing their bike from the part that failed means nothing at all.

I guess those KYB Shock guys are getting overtime
for the next few months.
Demand for that model, surely going off the charts.
dont get your panties in a twist....its not a good look

what you fail to comprehend is that this is a factory bike with a factory shock that is NOT on a production bike, so why the heck would that hurt sales???

Post a reply to: HRC Honda releases statement on Cole Seely's Shock Failure at MXoN

The Latest