Have the Moto Gods heard the masses

downard254
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 8:10am
Well, I haven't seen any discussion on the track prep at Red Bud, but this is two weeks in a row that the track has been somewhat rutless, and minimal dust. Have they.changed their ways on the deep ripping. Whatever is going on, I approve. Lightly tilled soil with decent moisture, yea, it was a little loose on top, but if need be, the riders could change lines almost at will anywhere in the turns. I like when the corners are opened up to line choice. Kudos boys, keep up the good work.
|
Brent
7/2/2017 8:15am
I was surprised and pleased to see Red Bud with less ruts, I never really understood why they ripped the track so deep before, when rain can turn a deeply ripped track into a mess.
Crush
7/2/2017 8:18am
Think both races there were heavy rain warnings coming up to it so they didn't rip/water like normal...

Red Bud was good... It's usually too slotty to me, but I think the track kinda is a bit follow the leader anyways.

Muddy Creek was probably better to ride, but hard to pass.

It'd be good if they just had a policy of rip and water the corners and just lightly rip/water the straights... so people could move if they need too.
newmann
7/2/2017 8:58am
It was a topic of discussion here at the house yesterday. Track looked really good.
lumpy790
7/2/2017 9:10am
Read they rolled the track at Red Bud too.

I remember Not many years ago people complaining about the tracks being to smooth. I for one want to see the riders challenged with ruts..... anyone can go fast on a smooth track and it typically has little racing.

The Shop

chad_111
7/2/2017 9:15am
lumpy790 wrote:
Read they rolled the track at Red Bud too. I remember Not many years ago people complaining about the tracks being to smooth. I for one...

I remember Not many years ago people complaining about the tracks being to smooth. I for one want to see the riders challenged with ruts..... anyone can go fast on a smooth track and it typically has little racing.
Red Bud didnt have many ruts, and was far from smooth
motosurf
7/2/2017 9:20am
lumpy790 wrote:
Read they rolled the track at Red Bud too. I remember Not many years ago people complaining about the tracks being to smooth. I for one...

There's been better racing on the two tracks that weren't rutfest's so far. Dudes get to hold it WFO and it makes for creative lines and great racing.
mx317
7/3/2017 7:50am
Last two races have been the best so far. I hate knee deep rut tracks when I ride and I think the too deep ripping has carried over to local tracks unfortunately. Rough is fine, but slot car racing is no fun.
TeamGreen
7/3/2017 8:07am
Excellent Track
Excellent Facility
Excellent People

I bought a ticket for the big bleachers in the middle of the track up on the hill: you could see the ENTIRE TRACK from there (well, 95% of it). Best $5 I've ever spent at a race!

The people from MX Sports were commenting on how smoothly the event always goes and how much they love going there...& that there's plenty more "really big things" coming...

ps-I saw Baggett's dad really checking out the water-truck that was wrapped in KTM graphics...I get the feeling there's a new water-truck coming to Chupacabra Ranch.
Johnny Depp
7/3/2017 10:43am
The last 2 races disprove the "hard to pass" theory simply by looking at BB's come from behind in both races. IIRC he passed 37 riders at Muddy Creek and 29 at Red Bud in a single moto.

Post a reply to: Have the Moto Gods heard the masses

The Latest