1 of 13
Related:
Create New Tag
C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 11:02 AM

Some of the attempts to "get him" have seemed to work.

1st, there was the embarrassing "stacking" of his threads.

2nd, there's the group of Lenny trolls that seem to turn ANYTHING he posts into a made for TV drama, aka "Lenny Haters".

3rd, there was this weeks Racist Bullshit that, some f'n way, got BL eliminated, too.

The guy dates back to Old Moto-Drive days & is more "Moto" than most; so, this is my "WTF?" thread...in regards to this insanity. I know he can post some questionable fishing adventures; but, W T F...he's CERTAINLY NOT as bad as some of the shit I've witnessed from others up in here.

So, Guy? I think you made a mistake. That's all. Your timing, indeed...your patience, might have been mis-played on this one. Also, you might explain to these guys, in here, that I'm NOT taking sides in this. I just want what you do:

A Solid Moto-Forum.

I know "what" you're trying to accomplish; however, on an occasion where Len was doing a pretty damn good job dealing with folks throwing direct or thinly veiled racial slurs...well...I'm a white-bread blue-eyed guy & I can't imagine what it's like to deal with that crap.

I think he's been doing waaaaaaaay better under your new rule-set & certain protagonist haters went after him. It's that simple.

But, I could be wrong.

Free Lenny

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_100_2211 Ing Quote
8/1/2014 11:07 AM

Give me a break. How many times has BL had a time out and came back worse than ever. More moto than most, I don't think so. It's Gibbys call, if he axed him I'm sure he had his reasons.

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

C50_aj_pi_1479822200 stewie94 Quote
8/1/2014 11:11 AM

BL made this place interesting

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

C50_go_kart_mudding IWreckALot Quote
8/1/2014 11:13 AM

I can't get my head around Lenny. I was a hater when he was let back recently. Didn't know him from before that. His posting style can get annoying but when he is contributing to the threads and not baiting, he's actually pretty knowledgeable.

The part that was just unfortunate was him getting clipped over bickering back and forth over a racist deal when he was clearly not the instigator. I wish that circumstance was different. But GuyB was going through the whole deal with his mom and I'm sure he didn't really care what was going on, it was just bad timing on the whole deal.

At this point, I don't have a problem with BL. I think the board has bigger problem children.

Maybe the answer is moderating the board in a different way.

C50_image_1425745450 rcm406 Quote
8/1/2014 11:23 AM

I've never understood why he gets clipped so often. His post aren't that bad, unless I've missed some. There are about 5-10 members here that try and goad him in every chance they get, and I don't think any of them ever get clipped. Come to think of it, it's usually James' diehard fans that get clipped. HMMM, GuyB

C50_jpsgirl_1500012298 OW38B Quote
8/1/2014 11:27 AM
IWreckALot wrote:

I can't get my head around ...more

Many Forums have a user rating system for keeping users in check. But, with that being said, it is open to abuse.

One thing that needs to be done is stop letting "new" users start threads, most forum software allows you to set the number of post before being able to start a thread. Half of the BS/Stupid threads are started by users with less than 25 posts.

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

C50_2013_06_24_16.19.23_1377877073 brlatm Quote
8/1/2014 11:33 AM
OW38B wrote:

Many Forums have a user ...more

One of the best ideas I have heard in awhile on here. Most of the BS threads are started by freaking internet trolls trying to get someone banned.

I have no problems at all with BL. He's a great fisherman and he doesn't need much bait to catch half of the Vitards that troll his posts.

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 11:40 AM
IWreckALot wrote:

I can't get my head around ...more

OW38B wrote:

Many Forums have a user ...more

brlatm wrote:

One of the best ideas I ...more

Yup

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_image_1425745450 rcm406 Quote
8/1/2014 11:40 AM
IWreckALot wrote:

I can't get my head around ...more

"he's actually pretty knowledgeable"

Lenny is probably more knowledgeable than 99.9% of this board! He has been around MX for a long long long time(yes, Lenny you're old) He knows his shit! I might get clipped for saying this, but I can't help to think that some members problem with Lenny is because he's a black man, supporting a black man, in a white mans sport! Oh yea, JMHO

And yes, I brought race in to the thread! And to the guys who are going to say "always gotta throw out the race-card" well, you're the one I'm talking about!

C50_johnny_d._1500489602 Harry Backmon Quote
8/1/2014 11:41 AM

I never saw the big deal with Lenny. I'd call him provocative, but not nearly as bad as some of the horrible twisted freaks that post on here.

I did see at least some of the thread where the racial stuff was being flung, and I thought it was just sort of dumb that it got a bit out of hand. I think I might have missed a few of the posts in that thread, so I don't really know the whole story, and that leads me to say that I can't fault Steve without knowing the rest of the story.

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 11:42 AM
IWreckALot wrote:

I can't get my head around ...more

rcm406 wrote:

"he's actually pretty ...more

I've witnessed it: some may be doing it just to "get him". Doesn't matter. THEY need to go...some have; but, some remain...

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_picture_297_1400593137 harrowguy Quote
8/1/2014 11:45 AM

all of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ needs to get clipped

'Money talk, you ain't got none, end of discussion!'

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 11:50 AM
harrowguy wrote:

all of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ...more

Can't have an open discussion amongst some of us that have been here a while and have witnessed a few things that don't seem healthy for the forum?

So far, That's ALL this is.

Why does it make you say, "...get clipped"?

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_110811guyb_redbud_1449985751 GuyB Quote
8/1/2014 11:51 AM

There are two Lennys. The online one, and the in real life one. One I don't like, one I do. I've tried many times to reconcile the two.

The deal where the threads got stacked, I pulled the plug before I realized what was going on. He was let back in.

But...he's also been clipped many times. We've had many conversations on how things can/should be handled. His posting style has also gone downhill lately, reverting to the same old seek and annoy response to posters. I've clipped quite a few of those messages, too, as sort of a warning.

C50_031214grapeape_1394661426 GrapeApe Quote
8/1/2014 11:54 AM

TG, I disagree with points 1 and 2. He loves the drama. Unfortunately, you're spot on with #3. He handled the racial jabs about as well as can be expected.

C50_screenshot_2017_11_10_at_4.28.33_am_1510439790 slipdog Quote
8/1/2014 11:55 AM

+1 to bring BL back.

His fishing is no different than the rest of the fishermen, but (most)people jump his shit with indirect or outright direct racial statements. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular, but if you're honest you can't say you don't see it happen.

C50_8ebf39490bfeff26bc0c91d5f35a594e_1414431135 2WheelsForTheMasses Quote
8/1/2014 11:57 AM

Bl is a good guy and we go way back...so cut the guy a break, too many people on here that want to sound important but just aren't!!! Atleast Lenny knows a thing or two about moto so what who he fights for! Its certainly better than all the wannabe "in the know yahoos" with their "from what I hear" threads!

C50_ryan_villipoto_1425138972 4stroke4DWIN Quote
8/1/2014 11:57 AM

I have yet to figure out why people would get so worked up over his Threads/post, It's not mandatory to click on any one certain thread. If you don't like the person skip over it. I can think of 30 folks that need to be somehow permanently clicked way more than BL. I've got to the point that most my post count comes from bench racing now. To many fame chasers trying to one up the next guy. It's the internet, ya know being cool here doesn't mean shit.

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)


C50_hondaland_1383931263 MXD Quote
8/1/2014 11:57 AM

Can we trade Team Green for Big Lenny?

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 12:00 PM
GuyB wrote:

There are two Lennys. The ...more

I guess I'm not logging into then threads where his style has slid.

Notably, I'm just not seeing where he's the problem...all the while...I -DO- see "search & instigate" parties...like "the stacking"; which, was actually a personal disappointment amongst a few people I thought I knew...even rode with.

Still, I thought Len's contributions were way beyond any negatives that I saw. I thought he held his own in that latest fiasco.

He's a Positive in my mind.

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 12:01 PM
MXD wrote:

Can we trade Team Green ...more

Sure can: tell us why?

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_579592_503084383060296_329276849_n_1371345594 Wolfman Quote
8/1/2014 12:02 PM

Good riddance...

C50_belgianmelanois_1403906777 gabrielmalinois Quote
8/1/2014 12:02 PM

Getting clicked is part of Lenny's shtick. I don't want to live in a world where Lenny doesn't get clicked. Of course it is necessary for Lenny to come back so he can eventually get clicked again. It's a vicious cycle.

C50_110811guyb_redbud_1449985751 GuyB Quote
8/1/2014 12:02 PM
4stroke4DWIN wrote:

I have yet to figure out ...more

Cool. Let's start a list.

C50_hondaland_1383931263 MXD Quote
8/1/2014 12:03 PM
MXD wrote:

Can we trade Team Green ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

Sure can: tell us why?

Because you can be unbelievably condescending and arrogant at times and IMO, that wears thin much faster than Lenny's fishing expeditions. I've never met you in real life but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are not that way in person.

C50_jrbavatar_1376008754 WhipMeister Quote
8/1/2014 12:03 PM

Gibby has always seemed to me to have a short fuse whenever BL is involved in any way. There must be some history there. Personally I've seen way worse that goes unchecked for far longer than any grenades he has tossed.

But it's Steve's board.

C50_rip_beach_shot TeamGreen Quote
8/1/2014 12:04 PM
gabrielmalinois wrote:

Getting clicked is part of ...more

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post Of The Day!

Literally made me Laugh!

Thanks...

"Pearls and swine bereft of me. Long and weary my road has been."
Chris Cornell, 1964-2017

C50_110811guyb_redbud_1449985751 GuyB Quote
8/1/2014 12:04 PM
2WheelsForTheMasses wrote:

Bl is a good guy and we go ...more

That's part of the deal...I've cut him many breaks.

Even on the most recent issue where the guy was way over the top, an email to me would have handled it.

C50_dp3_sm_1400544878 dmenace2014 Quote
8/1/2014 12:06 PM

Funny stuff here! My dawg brings the wrecking ball.
You da MAN, Leonard!

C50_ryan_villipoto_1425138972 4stroke4DWIN Quote
8/1/2014 12:10 PM
4stroke4DWIN wrote:

I have yet to figure out ...more

GuyB wrote:

Cool. Let's start a list. ...more

Steve you don't need my list, I'm sure we would have the same names . I have a couple pics of you from 13 and 14 Phoenix SX I been meaning to post to. You were standing right below me at this yrs Phoenix rd when Stew went over the berm. I was gonna yell at you but figured you would think I was some crazed Vital member

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)


1 of 13

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

DEALS