If the US GP was held at Red Bud..

bdub
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2012 7:59am
Would it still be as dead as it was at Glen Helen? Just from watching the broadcast this weekend, I would think those Red Bud fans would show up to a GP just like it was a National. Thoughts???
|
motomike137
7/10/2012 8:53am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 8:53am
I'd be there in a heartbeat! Especially if we could lure a few of our guys to come out and play.
Highsider
7/10/2012 9:13am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 9:16am
Add in an amateur program like Tim did at the National and Beasley did at the MXdN. Tell the crew of six we had last weekend and we are there!

I hear three blokes from Australia were there for the National. Let's hear from them, too!
PaleBlue
7/10/2012 10:05am
I can't imagine that the GP would want to be held in the heat and (particularly) the humidity of the hight of the summer, as it would be unrideable for most northern Europeans, who would be just dropped into that for, at most, a week. That being the case it would probably be held at the very end of the season, which would mean only those with a chance of a title would turn up.

All in all, can't see it happening.
7/10/2012 12:35pm
if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you need to put the usgp after the final round of the ama mx, simple as that! isn’t it Ziuzeppe?

the perfect fit will be the final grand prix in US; one week after the final round of the ama mx, like that and imho the usgp will be bigger than the mxon ...

and yes RedBud will be really great for a really great USGP

Carlsbad 1986 - Carlqvist 11, Jobé 4, Thorpe, Lechien, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Malherbe

The Shop

dboivin
7/10/2012 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 1:00pm
and don't rape us on the tickets/fee's. i got a feeling a USGP at redbud would go over very well even if the big shooter american riders didnt show. there would be plenty of privateers that would put a whooping on at redbud to satisfy everyone.
Rupert X
7/10/2012 3:04pm
If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say no more than 5000 would appear at RED BUD for a GP.

Here's why - I;m betting that if RED BUD generally has 20,000 spectators - about 75% are from within a

couple hour drive, do it every year and are there just as much for the party - as they are to watch moto.
ATKpilot99
7/10/2012 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 3:16pm
if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you...
if you want to see mx fans at the usgp you need to have the best ama racers, if you want the best ama racers you need to put the usgp after the final round of the ama mx, simple as that! isn’t it Ziuzeppe?

the perfect fit will be the final grand prix in US; one week after the final round of the ama mx, like that and imho the usgp will be bigger than the mxon ...

and yes RedBud will be really great for a really great USGP

Carlsbad 1986 - Carlqvist 11, Jobé 4, Thorpe, Lechien, Johnson, Bailey, Ward, Malherbe
The 99 250 USGP at Budds Creek was held after the AMA season and there was little interest from the AMA riders to show up after a long season. Albee raced , Windham, and I'm not sure but I think Ryan Hughes. Also the only reason Windham raced was because of some comments Everts made about the Americans being afraid of getting beat or something to that effect. Anyway there was not another USGP until I think Glen Helen and we all know how that turned out. Edit: I think Hughes was racing the GPs already that year.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
7/10/2012 4:27pm
Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA.

Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying race make it. Line them up Sunday for two motos and let them have at it, points count for both series. You crash out bad luck, imagine the tension in the factory pits if that was the rules.

Cairoli goes 1-1 he gets 50 points in the AMA and in the World Championship. Hold it over the usual 4th of July weekend. Imagine the patriotic atmosphere you'd get then.

Probably a stupid idea that none of the racers or fans would go for and vital would melt down. But could be fun to try it out and get the best on the track together for atleast one weekend, with none of the team play excuses we seem to hear every MXDN.
7/10/2012 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 5:10pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
The 99 250 USGP at Budds Creek was held after the AMA season and there was little interest from the AMA riders to show up after...
The 99 250 USGP at Budds Creek was held after the AMA season and there was little interest from the AMA riders to show up after a long season. Albee raced , Windham, and I'm not sure but I think Ryan Hughes. Also the only reason Windham raced was because of some comments Everts made about the Americans being afraid of getting beat or something to that effect. Anyway there was not another USGP until I think Glen Helen and we all know how that turned out. Edit: I think Hughes was racing the GPs already that year.
Thank you ATKpilot99 Sad

finally everyone suck into that topic! fim/youthstream, ama, teams, sponsors, racers, and fans ! Smile

all right, condolences to a dream MX1/MX2 USGP !!!

(but i don't want to put the racers on the list because it's sure that they want to do it against all the best, ACHOO!!! sorry)
ehr400
7/10/2012 6:29pm
haydos25 wrote:
Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA. Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying...

Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying race make it. Line them up Sunday for two motos and let them have at it, points count for both series. You crash out bad luck, imagine the tension in the factory pits if that was the rules.

Cairoli goes 1-1 he gets 50 points in the AMA and in the World Championship. Hold it over the usual 4th of July weekend. Imagine the patriotic atmosphere you'd get then.

Probably a stupid idea that none of the racers or fans would go for and vital would melt down. But could be fun to try it out and get the best on the track together for atleast one weekend, with none of the team play excuses we seem to hear every MXDN.
I really like that idea. Sorta like the east west shootout.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
7/10/2012 7:39pm
ehr400 wrote:
I really like that idea. Sorta like the east west shootout.
Would be the race of the year without doubt. Im sure sponsor conflicts, sound and fuel regulations, length of races and controlling body issues would be given as reasons it wont work, and any of those is a valid reason i guess.

Just imagine the tension on the startline for the top contenders on saturday having to squeeze through the first turn safely and score a top 20 just to get a chance to line up and attempt to score points against the 40 fastest riders on the entire planet the following day. Would be awesome imo.

Wont ever happen but its fun to think about
GuppyGahoo
7/10/2012 8:21pm
Rupert X wrote:
If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say no more than 5000 would appear at RED BUD for a GP. Here's why...
If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say no more than 5000 would appear at RED BUD for a GP.

Here's why - I;m betting that if RED BUD generally has 20,000 spectators - about 75% are from within a

couple hour drive, do it every year and are there just as much for the party - as they are to watch moto.
We're on the same page rup...
Johnny Utah
7/11/2012 7:57am
You want to have a huge USGP?

Hold it at Gatorback, in FL. FL is one of the top 2 MX states in the country, and has been without a national for years.

If the AMA won't give the south east the national it really deserves, then bring in the GP and give those people something to go watch other than Dade City points races.
Johnny Utah
7/11/2012 7:59am
haydos25 wrote:
Why not hold a joint round of the GP's and AMA. Qualifying races saturday.Top 20 from AMA qualifying race make it, top 20 from GP qualifying...

I like this. Combine it with my Southeast US idea, and I think you'd have a huuuuge event.

Post a reply to: If the US GP was held at Red Bud..

The Latest