Less than a week till the first GP

Arni
2/20/2017 8:14am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 8:15am
Gajser stated in his interviews this week, that he is ready for Qatar, but he has changed the tactics for upcomming season. His preparations for new seasons were focused more on strength and durability, rather then speed.

As he said, his plan is no longer to be the fastest on the track, but to finish without crash. Reliable and focused. The season is long. Very long.

That is why I give my vote to Cairoli. Also Van Horebeek and Febvre will be hungry for podium.

Can't wait.
c0ncEpT
2/20/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 8:38am
Cairoli 2-1 for 1st

Prado 1-1 for 1st
2/20/2017 8:38am
No Searle! I was really hoping for a better year for him, he has spent the last year's battling injury and bike problems but showed some promise towards the end of 16.
I hope his knee heals up and he comes back strong instead of going out and trying injured.
bsharkey
2/20/2017 8:48am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 8:49am
Hoping US rider Darian Sanayei does well in mx2. First time in a long time he's 100% healthy. Last year he was coming back from injury when he started ecx250

The Shop

jeffro503
2/20/2017 8:52am
bsharkey wrote:
Hoping US rider Darian Sanayei does well in mx2. First time in a long time he's 100% healthy. Last year he was coming back from injury...
Hoping US rider Darian Sanayei does well in mx2. First time in a long time he's 100% healthy. Last year he was coming back from injury when he started ecx250
Yep , me too!

Hard to pick , but man after watching those Italian rounds , AC sure does look to be on form. JVH89 also looked very strong , so I see those two up towards the front. Also really hope Tim Gasjer does awesome again this year! In MX2 , I really hope Darian and Thomas do well , but I think Seewer and Jonas will be hard to beat. Oh Yeah....and Prado! I dig that kid!
2/20/2017 9:13am
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's not much better. Roll on Argentina, that's where the season kicks off for me.
2/20/2017 10:14am
2014: Paulin
2015: Nagl
2016: Gajser

I didn't see any of those coming. Soooo hard to call, but I'll say ...

1. Febvre
2. Gajser
3. Cairoli

Sideways
2/20/2017 10:19am
Aryen wrote:
MXGP
Nagl
Gajser
Herlings (think he's healthier than he said recently)

MX2
Jonass
Lieber
Seewer
I actually also think herlings is healthier than what he says. He said he will go to qatar to salvage points. I think he is putting the pressure of him by saying that and go in with a little different mind set and just kick ass.
2/20/2017 10:22am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 10:22am
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's...
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's not much better. Roll on Argentina, that's where the season kicks off for me.
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only less hot? (Highs are 85-ish F, 30-ish C, apparently.)

But, yeah, the Argentina circuit is gorgeous. It helps me reaffirm how much I hate Supercross.
Robgvx
2/20/2017 10:24am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 10:24am
MXGP: Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser

MX2: Covington (always goes well there), Jonass, Lawrence.
2/21/2017 12:22am
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's...
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only...
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only less hot? (Highs are 85-ish F, 30-ish C, apparently.)

But, yeah, the Argentina circuit is gorgeous. It helps me reaffirm how much I hate Supercross.
The track in Indonesia is on an island but isn't built yet, at least it wasn't when this was shot a month ago.

Jrewing
2/21/2017 12:30am
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only...

The track in Indonesia is on an island but isn't built yet, at least it wasn't when this was shot a month ago. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/21/177540/s1200_IND.jpg[/img]
The track in Indonesia is on an island but isn't built yet, at least it wasn't when this was shot a month ago.

Seriously if someone is injured bad at that track it could spell disaster for them. 3rd world shit
PressPassP
2/21/2017 1:23am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2017 1:28am
So many condenders for a podium,the first 2 GPs are a bit of a crapshoot though...roll on Argentina!

MX1
Cairoli
Van Horbeek
Gaijser

Herlings
Febvre
Nagl
Coldenhof
Desalle
Bobby

MX2
Seewer
Paturel
Bogers

Jonass
Covington
Prado
Lieber
Bernadini

DeStouwer
2/21/2017 2:23am
What are your thoughts about Bernardini guys? I really doubt he can confirm his outstanding last season, wich really was a surprise for many fans. Don't know why, but the season to confirm is almost always much harder than the previous one.

Seewer, Jonass, Paturel and Bogers are definitely stronger. Guys who were injured like Covington, Van Doninck, Lieber, Sterry and Brylyakov too. Add the young guns who will be stronger as last year: Prado, Östlund, Cervellin, Larrañaga, Mewse, Pootjes, Olsen, Lawrence, Vaessen, Sanayei... If Bernardini can put his TM in the top 10 again at the end of the season, I consider it as a success.
jemcee
2/21/2017 2:32am
Bernardini? #321 in the program but #1 in my heart haha that dude rules!!

I don't know or care who does what I just want it to happen! Fucken can't wait
Ray_MXS
2/21/2017 5:42am
Bernardini is a fast dude for sure! He just needs the stamina to back it up, and he doesn't yet Smile
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
2/21/2017 6:26am
Aryen wrote:
MXGP
Nagl
Gajser

MX2
Jonass
Lieber
Seewer
Sideways wrote:
I actually also think herlings is healthier than what he says. He said he will go to qatar to salvage points. I think he is putting...
I actually also think herlings is healthier than what he says. He said he will go to qatar to salvage points. I think he is putting the pressure of him by saying that and go in with a little different mind set and just kick ass.
He had surgery last week and a cast removed a few days ago. He'll be fast, but far from 100%
philG
2/21/2017 6:48am
He came through EMX 300 and after his year in MX2 last year , he has to be on for podiums, the bike is very fast, and he can ride it well too. For me this could be a breakout year proper for Bernardini, he just needs to stay healthy.
holeshot100
2/21/2017 7:54am
agreed
agn5009
2/21/2017 8:00am
MX1: Febvre, Gajser and Cairoli.
MX2: Seewer, Jonass, Covington
roninho
2/21/2017 8:19am
philG wrote:
JVH for me.. podiums in the first 3 GP's.

All of a sudden the season is here.

MX2 is Jonass's to lose
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the top 3. What makes you think he'll be able to get podiums in the first 3 GP's?
Motofinne
2/21/2017 8:21am
philG wrote:

MX2 is Jonass's to lose
roninho wrote:
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the...
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the top 3. What makes you think he'll be able to get podiums in the first 3 GP's?
He has been pretty good in the different national rounds.

I also have him as a surprise.
roninho
2/21/2017 8:27am
DeStouwer wrote:
Don't get your hopes up too much about the results of the pre-season races. Jasikonis won't be on the podium in Qatar, and I doubt he...
Don't get your hopes up too much about the results of the pre-season races. Jasikonis won't be on the podium in Qatar, and I doubt he will make it anywhere during the season. It's his first full year, so if he manages to get top 10s he will have a great season. I place him around 15th position at the end of September.

So, for next week:

MX2
1. Seewer
2. Jonass
3. Paturel

MXGP
1. Febvre
2. Gajser
3. Cairoli
I don't see Jaskonis getting podiums as well, and last season he scored just 16 points in 7 GP's.
However in the 2 other gps he participated (Belgium and Assen) he got a 7th and a 8th. So i can see him getting some top 10's and maybe even a top 5 at a track that suits him.
2/21/2017 9:05am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2017 11:40am
Jrewing wrote:
Seriously if someone is injured bad at that track it could spell disaster for them. 3rd world shit
Maybe they'll build something good; that chunk of land at least appears to have some elevation change. Remember, the Argentina circuit was a new build in 2015, and it is gorgeous.

So let's give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment. (And no one is a harsher critic of second-rate circuits that I am; that's why Supercross is crap and can never be fixed.)

On the upside, one reason MXGP is the best series in the world is its diversity of racing circuits. Nobody else has anything even close to the variety of racing and viewing experiences they have.
themrtoad
2/21/2017 9:33am
DeStouwer wrote:
What are your thoughts about Bernardini guys? I really doubt he can confirm his outstanding last season, wich really was a surprise for many fans. Don't...
What are your thoughts about Bernardini guys? I really doubt he can confirm his outstanding last season, wich really was a surprise for many fans. Don't know why, but the season to confirm is almost always much harder than the previous one.

Seewer, Jonass, Paturel and Bogers are definitely stronger. Guys who were injured like Covington, Van Doninck, Lieber, Sterry and Brylyakov too. Add the young guns who will be stronger as last year: Prado, Östlund, Cervellin, Larrañaga, Mewse, Pootjes, Olsen, Lawrence, Vaessen, Sanayei... If Bernardini can put his TM in the top 10 again at the end of the season, I consider it as a success.
I hope 321 does well again. He is a great starter for sure, besides that he is a very old school rider, which is a breath of fresh air when all the others try to scrub as soon as they take off. He can be pretty tough on the track, but doesn't seem to make many enemies? Hope he stays healthy, if do I see him top 10 again. How good is the bike really?
Motofinne
2/21/2017 9:50am
Jrewing wrote:
Maybe they'll build something good; that chunk of land at least appears to have some elevation change. Remember, the Argentina circuit was a new build in...
Maybe they'll build something good; that chunk of land at least appears to have some elevation change. Remember, the Argentina circuit was a new build in 2015, and it is gorgeous.

So let's give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment. (And no one is a harsher critic of second-rate circuits that I am; that's why Supercross is crap and can never be fixed.)

On the upside, one reason MXGP is the best series in the world is its diversity of racing circuits. Nobody else has anything even close to the variety of racing and viewing experiences they have.
Yeah i will keep quiet about the track because we haven't seen it yet. I criticized the Assen track heavily 2 years ago but it turned out good.

And yes Qatar is a bad track and this track in Indonesia might be really bad. But the beauty with the GPs is like you say diversity of the tracks and dirt.

Matthes said that Qatar is a joke in the last Pulp show and i agree with him. They should be able to do better with all that money. But the biggest joke is the US nationals and the fact that riders use 1(!!!) tire for all the motos and tracks except Southwick.

I would like to see Argentina as the first round in GPs. That is one of the best tracks to watch in the world, absolutely stunning.
Aryen
2/21/2017 11:27am
philG wrote:

MX2 is Jonass's to lose
roninho wrote:
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the...
Motofinne wrote:

Last year he was good in the italian nationals also. MXGP season? Not so good.
Aryen
2/21/2017 11:28am
Aryen wrote:
MXGP
Nagl
Gajser

MX2
Jonass
Lieber
Seewer
Sideways wrote:
I actually also think herlings is healthier than what he says. He said he will go to qatar to salvage points. I think he is putting...
He had surgery last week and a cast removed a few days ago. He'll be fast, but far from 100%
Podium. Stamp it.
JMR1976
2/21/2017 11:32am
I got 222 in MX1 and the 57 in MX2.
Motofinne
2/21/2017 11:36am
roninho wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Aryen wrote:
Last year he was good in the italian nationals also. MXGP season? Not so good.
Yeah i know, but somehow i feel like he could be back at his 2014 level.

Post a reply to: Less than a week till the first GP

The Latest