Lovers/Haters-why?

loftyair
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 1:39pm
I can understand the nut-hugging or squashing of things, but I would like to know why you feel that way? Lots of love or hate on 4-stroke vs. 2 stroke, A little bit against or for the AMA, Davey, tv package, other vital members, and so on. For example, OC, why so much man-love for the german boy? I like him too, just wondering why you hug him so tight! Not picking on you, I want to hear from others why they love or hate so much on things. Or your opinion on why you think others might love or hate so much.
|
S.Loyer
8/18/2012 9:45pm
Cause that what being a fan is about.
Pride in your riders, favorites when it comes to bikes, views on the sport.
ocscottie
8/18/2012 10:27pm
using words like "man hug" and "love him so tight" I dont even know why i should even bother responding....you should maybe single out some "fantards" whos riders can do NO WRONG in their eyes, and even go to the lengths of putting down other riders to try and make "their guy" look better, something you will NEVER see me do. it actually disgusts me the lengths some of these guys will go.

There is actually a TON of riders i root for...and do you ever see me jumping into every single Roczen thread defending him? nope, and i wouldnt waste my time, not my style.

There are a LOT of riders i fully dig, but obviously Kenny just so happens to be at the top of my list. But if you paid any attention at all, you would see that i root for many riders. As far as Kenny, David Bulmer got me into him back in 09 or '10 and i became a huge fan, he is such a genuine kid with a rad personality, who also just happens to be amazingly talented riding a dirtbike. Take a browse of my Bench Racing Discussion threads sometime and you will clearly see that there is many (if not ALL) riders i root for, and want to do well, in the end, i am a "race fan" ...period. There is a BIG difference between a "race fan" and a "fanboy" ..and we have way to many of the latter here.

Watch these 2 vids, they show a little more of Kenny away from the track, and partly why i am such a fan.

At Home With Ken Roczen
https://youtu.be/YT6Pyv38zKk

A Day in the Life of Ken Roczen
https://youtu.be/f3CsNfM0qeU

Then there is also that RedBull connection, he loves them almost as much as i do Laughing
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
8/18/2012 10:30pm
loftyair wrote:
I can understand the nut-hugging or squashing of things, but I would like to know why you feel that way? Lots of love or hate on...
I can understand the nut-hugging or squashing of things, but I would like to know why you feel that way? Lots of love or hate on 4-stroke vs. 2 stroke, A little bit against or for the AMA, Davey, tv package, other vital members, and so on. For example, OC, why so much man-love for the german boy? I like him too, just wondering why you hug him so tight! Not picking on you, I want to hear from others why they love or hate so much on things. Or your opinion on why you think others might love or hate so much.
Yer kinda new around here, aren't ye?
wildbill
8/18/2012 10:37pm
This kind of reasoning has been called by various names, including binary thinking, dichotomous thinking, absolutist or categorical thinking, and light-switch thinking. Too much complexity overwhelms us.

The Shop

JackLHyde
8/18/2012 11:21pm
The most obvious I have learned in all these years that I love motocross, is that most people involved are actually really dumb. Some you could call naive, but it's hard finding someone who has open mind.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/18/2012 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 10:39am
loftyair wrote:
I can understand the nut-hugging or squashing of things, but I would like to know why you feel that way? Lots of love or hate on...
Lame Post!
stantdm
8/19/2012 7:17am
There is a lot I love about motocross. Don't hate anything. Hater is just a term some fans who worship riders have for anybody who doesn't agree with them. I am a big Andrew Short fan. Why? Because I knew him when he was six years old and know his mother and father who are great people. He is a hard worker, and he has accomplished a lot. I don't love him, I respect and admire him. There are riders I don't care for and sometimes for reasons I don't understand. Might be attitude, sometimes I admit its appearance. I like Tomac, don't care for Barcia. Why? Don't like his on track actions. He is better this year. Used to not care much for Reed but now see him as a great motocross rider who has contributed a lot to the sport.'
Blake Whartons hairstyle turns me off but when he is interviewed he comes across as intelligent and thoughtful.

Don't like the TV situation but remember when the only news you could get waiting for Cycle News to arrive was a 1-900 number on Monday morning. No details, just finishing order. I like what we have today even if it is irritating at times.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
8/19/2012 7:22am
So perhaps everybody should agree on everything, love everyone and believe the same things?
bigborefan
8/19/2012 10:57am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 11:13am
I love outdoor Motocross. An outdoor national is the best spectator sport in the world IMO.

I love off-rad racing as well, and that's what I ride. But it does not make for a good spectator sport.

I watch Supercross, but I don't love it. I still consider it a sideshow to the outdoors.

I like 4and 2 strokes. I wish the manufacturers still made 2 strokes. The 250 class should allow both.

I don't care for JSE. I don't know James personally, so it is not personal, but the organization known as JSE, they seem to bring the reality TV scene with them wherever they go. There's more drama there than on a Kardashian episode.

A JSE fan-boy is even worse.

I love a good JSE cat fight thread. Yes, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame, It's just too much fun for me to resist.

I am not a TP199 fan either. I know, Travis is a sweetheart and all that, super nice guy. But I don't care for spinning and flipping. I don't like NASCAR and I don't care one bit that Travis races NASCAR. I can deal with Rally cars, those are cool. but Rally racing, not Rally X-games.

I don't like extreme sports. Lets face it, flipping and spinning is flipping and spinning, on a bicycle, motorcycle, wake-board, skis, snow board or skateboard. It's all the same, boring. And a judged sport at that, i like a sport with a clear cut winner.

I don't like Justin Barcia because of that Supercross scene where he roosted the medical team and then cried like a little bitch. He may earn my respect in the future, but it is going to take a while.

I love RC, because he forces you to, 150 wins and he never gives up. he grinds you down. I was a RC hater at first, now I love the man. full on man love for him.

I love MC, because he was a full on badass on a SX track. His style was effortless.

I like smooth riders, David Bailey, Dungey, JMB, Lechien and Juha Salminen, Rodeny Smith and Marc Coma.

I don't like the AMA because they bring nothing to the table IMO. I am in District 17, and for the amount of money they want, I do not see any return on my investment. I think they are like the NRA, they are not about the core member anymore, just politics.

I don't care one way or the other about "industry insiders" as a whole. When they say they want the sport to grow, I hear them saying they want to make more money for themselves. Everyone has an agenda.

At the end of the day I enjoy motorcycles. All aspects of it. MX/SX is just one aspect of motorcycling for me.

I love Vital and I love GuyB for hosting it. Even though he clicked me once.
lucero10x
8/19/2012 11:14am
You just can't hate guys that are out there laying it on the line and risking serious injury with every gate drop. You just can't. Not on of them.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
8/19/2012 11:50am
JackLHyde wrote:
The most obvious I have learned in all these years that I love motocross, is that most people involved are actually really dumb. Some you could...
The most obvious I have learned in all these years that I love motocross, is that most people involved are actually really dumb. Some you could call naive, but it's hard finding someone who has open mind.
I believe it's mostly a lack of common sense.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
8/19/2012 11:53am
lucero10x wrote:
You just can't hate guys that are out there laying it on the line and risking serious injury with every gate drop. You just can't. Not...
You just can't hate guys that are out there laying it on the line and risking serious injury with every gate drop. You just can't. Not on of them.
You can't, I can't, but unfortunately fans like that exist.
loftyair
8/19/2012 1:38pm
bigborefan wrote:
I love outdoor Motocross. An outdoor national is the best spectator sport in the world IMO. I love off-rad racing as well, and that's what I...
I love outdoor Motocross. An outdoor national is the best spectator sport in the world IMO.

I love off-rad racing as well, and that's what I ride. But it does not make for a good spectator sport.

I watch Supercross, but I don't love it. I still consider it a sideshow to the outdoors.

I like 4and 2 strokes. I wish the manufacturers still made 2 strokes. The 250 class should allow both.

I don't care for JSE. I don't know James personally, so it is not personal, but the organization known as JSE, they seem to bring the reality TV scene with them wherever they go. There's more drama there than on a Kardashian episode.

A JSE fan-boy is even worse.

I love a good JSE cat fight thread. Yes, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame, It's just too much fun for me to resist.

I am not a TP199 fan either. I know, Travis is a sweetheart and all that, super nice guy. But I don't care for spinning and flipping. I don't like NASCAR and I don't care one bit that Travis races NASCAR. I can deal with Rally cars, those are cool. but Rally racing, not Rally X-games.

I don't like extreme sports. Lets face it, flipping and spinning is flipping and spinning, on a bicycle, motorcycle, wake-board, skis, snow board or skateboard. It's all the same, boring. And a judged sport at that, i like a sport with a clear cut winner.

I don't like Justin Barcia because of that Supercross scene where he roosted the medical team and then cried like a little bitch. He may earn my respect in the future, but it is going to take a while.

I love RC, because he forces you to, 150 wins and he never gives up. he grinds you down. I was a RC hater at first, now I love the man. full on man love for him.

I love MC, because he was a full on badass on a SX track. His style was effortless.

I like smooth riders, David Bailey, Dungey, JMB, Lechien and Juha Salminen, Rodeny Smith and Marc Coma.

I don't like the AMA because they bring nothing to the table IMO. I am in District 17, and for the amount of money they want, I do not see any return on my investment. I think they are like the NRA, they are not about the core member anymore, just politics.

I don't care one way or the other about "industry insiders" as a whole. When they say they want the sport to grow, I hear them saying they want to make more money for themselves. Everyone has an agenda.

At the end of the day I enjoy motorcycles. All aspects of it. MX/SX is just one aspect of motorcycling for me.

I love Vital and I love GuyB for hosting it. Even though he clicked me once.
Nice, this is what I was looking for.
loftyair
8/19/2012 1:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
using words like "man hug" and "love him so tight" I dont even know why i should even bother responding....you should maybe single out some "fantards"...
using words like "man hug" and "love him so tight" I dont even know why i should even bother responding....you should maybe single out some "fantards" whos riders can do NO WRONG in their eyes, and even go to the lengths of putting down other riders to try and make "their guy" look better, something you will NEVER see me do. it actually disgusts me the lengths some of these guys will go.

There is actually a TON of riders i root for...and do you ever see me jumping into every single Roczen thread defending him? nope, and i wouldnt waste my time, not my style.

There are a LOT of riders i fully dig, but obviously Kenny just so happens to be at the top of my list. But if you paid any attention at all, you would see that i root for many riders. As far as Kenny, David Bulmer got me into him back in 09 or '10 and i became a huge fan, he is such a genuine kid with a rad personality, who also just happens to be amazingly talented riding a dirtbike. Take a browse of my Bench Racing Discussion threads sometime and you will clearly see that there is many (if not ALL) riders i root for, and want to do well, in the end, i am a "race fan" ...period. There is a BIG difference between a "race fan" and a "fanboy" ..and we have way to many of the latter here.

Watch these 2 vids, they show a little more of Kenny away from the track, and partly why i am such a fan.

At Home With Ken Roczen
https://youtu.be/YT6Pyv38zKk

A Day in the Life of Ken Roczen
https://youtu.be/f3CsNfM0qeU

Then there is also that RedBull connection, he loves them almost as much as i do Laughing
He's in a pretty good spot right now. Do you have the redbull thing going with all their athletes?

Post a reply to: Lovers/Haters-why?

The Latest