New Australian SX promoter does something smart

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
7/23/2012 12:01am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2012 8:51am
They are hosting the second round of the series at Phillip Island, in conjunction with the MotoGP round in late October. Smart move. That would be a great weekend for watching motorcycling.

[url]http://www.motoonline.com.au/2012/07/23/australian-supercross-round-con…]
|
Jaz_83
7/23/2012 5:17am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
They are hosting the second round of the series at Phillip Island, in conjunction with the MotoGP round in late October. Smart move. That would be...
They are hosting the second round of the series at Phillip Island, in conjunction with the MotoGP round in late October. Smart move. That would be a great weekend for watching motorcycling.

[url]http://www.motoonline.com.au/2012/07/23/australian-supercross-round-con…]
Excellent idea, it should make for an awesome weekends racing. I was considering going but now i am definitely going.
DC
7/23/2012 5:42am
The best dirt track race I ever went to ran in conjunction with the MotoGP at Indianapolis. It was at the fairgrounds and the place was literally filled to the brim with fans -- it actually caught the organizers off guard because the walk-up ticket window had hundreds of people in line. Now I believe there's an EnduroCross on the same weekend as well.

I hope this goes as well down under.

DC
MX Sports
7/23/2012 7:31am
That is fantastic news for SX in Australia, a real high profile event for the riders. It will no doubt inspire a show case of their SX skills in front of a huge audience.
Hopefully in the future we can get a SX series of more than 4 rounds.
wardy
7/23/2012 8:51am
I am to old to do it but the coolest thing to me would be to have an Amatuer race weekend. And of course have the facility to do it
MX, SX, DT, HC, HS, Enduro X and a Trials all in one place, all in one week-weekend.

all facets of the motorcycling racing world in one place. Our sport has gotten so specialized that riders today don't have a clue how the other parts of our sport really is.

logistics of such an event would be interesting.

I think having muliple types of racing at the same venue at the same time is an excellent idea.

Post a reply to: New Australian SX promoter does something smart

The Latest