New sx structure

OnRails
7/27/2015 1:19pm
resetjet wrote:
Change structure to have A and B in each displacement class. Do all qualifying during the day to pick 44 spots. If you qualify 1-22 you...
Change structure to have A and B in each displacement class. Do all qualifying during the day to pick 44 spots. If you qualify 1-22 you are in A. If you qualify 23-44 you are in B. Do two mains in the night show for A class 15 laps.One for B So that 6 races. Its senseless to have whoever is the last place qualifier to race ryan dungey, however, I think it would be highly entertaining to watch riders 23-44 collectively. Each race lasting approx 20 min will keep everyone tuned in and good for commercials between each race. There will be no championship points paid for anyone who races in a B class. Just exposure and a chance to win for once in their career.....And yes less jumps and more passing ops for track. If you get a bad start you still have another chance.

250A moto 1
450A moto 1
250B moto 1
450B moto 1
250A moto 2
450A moto 2

It would be an awesome night of racing, I might know who #72 is and that is good for all. Sport will grow as a result.

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly
absolutely not.
Johnny Depp
7/27/2015 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 8:18pm
Way too complex of a proposal. KISS theory.

80 riders based on qualifying times with no press day practice favorites. When the track is open it is open to all.

Spread riders evenly into 4 Motos with gate picks by lottery.

The top 10 from each (40) race in the next 2 Motos.

Top 10 from each go to the Final 20 main.

No licenses, run whatever bike, no age limits.

7/27/2015 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 9:02pm
There is nothing wrong with the SX race program that needs to be fixed. The simple truth is, the masses do not find it as exciting as we do. That aint gonna change. Deal with it and stop looking for something to 'fix' reality.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/27/2015 9:08pm
Oh no...(checking calendar)...five months of this? Wink

The Shop

51xc
7/28/2015 4:14am
i'd like to see some changes as well but just to bring a bit more excitement back into it.i don't think there is a big problem with the current format. but something like 2 x 10 lap main events to change it up. its a full out sprint for those guys and we would see more close racing and passes etc. i don't see much need of having heats and semis and lcqs. timed qualifying sessions to get lap times in seems to work for most other racing sports to give away their starting position. that can be done in groups as well.
Johnny Depp
7/28/2015 7:04am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 7:09am
What is wrong with the current format?

1. Boring. Ask anyone you try to get to watch it. Admit it, you fall asleep watching.
2. Predictable. After the 1st few laps very little passing. Series points seldom end in drama.
3. Formats. Designed for the factory boys to never fail to make the main.
4. Confusing. Why 2 classes when they go the same speed? East/West?
5. Too clean. I thought Motocross riders got dirty?
6. Not close enough racing. The Have's and Have Not's have too much separation.
7. No Exotica. Production bikes with lawnmower engines. No Weed eaters. Homolgation?
8. Big Name Riders not in the Show. Degree of Difficulty. Top riders injury rate. Stupid PED rules.
9. Closed Pits. Can we get one of those Hot announcers to go do some interviews anywhere other than the exit lane?
10. Purse Money. You can never hype how much the winner gets because it is lame. Holeshot award a joke.

Monster, Factories, AMA, Fox 1 Sports, Feld, do any of you read enthusiast forums?
resetjet
7/28/2015 1:16pm
RCB33 wrote:
What if someone like Villopoto gets food poisoning and ends up racing b class?
Well then he's F8cked. He can either race and probably get a b class win that weekend, or he can dnf. Either way he gets no championship points as there aren't any in b class. It is also only one moto instead of heat, possibly semi, lcq and main. But chances are he can still qual for A class but he then runs two mains. However guys on the bubble will see less A mains. But I bet if you asked them, they would rather win a B main as long as the purse was acceptable. I really dont know how most of these guys race their entire pro career and never get a win in either 250 or 450 class. That has to change.

As for the purses, the way I see it, the same 88 guys will make the night show. and their purses could be similar.... B class cannot pay same as A class, but so be it. In the end those guys would have not made the main anyway and collect their lcq purse.

This model solves several fundamental problems.
1. Privateers have no money and get little exposure. Hopefully those guys can get more exposure and therefore more sponsor money and maybe be more competitive. Narrows the gap between the haves and have nots.

2. To me the current format is boring. My guy get in on his heat and I go to sleep. Wake up for main. John Q public doesn't get it, has no idea what any of it means and why. Quals would be exciting to see where everyone winds up. He gets a bad start and its all over, no second moto to redeem. Its really hard for top 5 guys to come from 11 to win a race....

3. Good racing......instead of watch the start, leader checks out.....game over......go to bed. Qualifying should have always been during the day..........I bet having more equal competitors and less road blocks will make the racing spectacular.

4. Pros would have enough time between mains to change an engine. B only have to run one main....most of these guys don't get a new engine every race......It will help them out a bit too. instead of running, heat, semi, lcq, main or no main. Just one race......

Anyway, its never gonna happen, because my opinion dont mean crap.......

The Rock
7/28/2015 1:35pm
There is nothing wrong with the SX race program that needs to be fixed. The simple truth is, the masses do not find it as exciting...
There is nothing wrong with the SX race program that needs to be fixed. The simple truth is, the masses do not find it as exciting as we do. That aint gonna change. Deal with it and stop looking for something to 'fix' reality.
It is all about marketing our product. If people sit around and watch golf and baseball for hours we should be able to get a 30 to 60 minute program put together that shows the passes of the day, rider spotlights and a brief SX MX primer and have it run before NASCAR races.

Post a reply to: New sx structure

The Latest