Oakley Day in the Dirt Day

JOHN CHOATE
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 5:48pm
It's midnight here in North Carolina and my family and I just got back from Iron City MX in Blacksburt, SC. Oakley brought some m/c industry people out to the MX track for a full day of practice, food, drinks, go-kart racing, prize giveaways and did I mention food? I left sooooo impressed that I figured I'd share this fantastic day moto brothers.

The track was preparation was great and was opened for practice at noon. The Oakley guys then gave everyone a tour of the rolling O lab(shows how the sunglasses are made and tested for optical perfection) and gave everyone a choice of new goggles(special edition) or sunglasses. Lunch was served followed by more practice. Once practice was over a 5pm, the grill was fired up and BBQ chicken and ribs was served for dinner. After dinner, the oval dirt track was opened for the go-karts. The O lab had the music blasting the whole time and it made for a real party atmosphere. After dinner, the Oakley guys did a random drawings over the next couple of hours and gave away a lot of really cool stuff. I even won an Oakley Crankcase watch. Everyone left the track fat and happy.

If anyone from Oakley is on this board, Shawn, Adam, Brian, James, Kelly, Emily, Ty and the couple others that I didn't get names from Oakley, did an amazing job. In case any of you Vital members were beginning to wonder, NO, I do not work for Oakley. Thank you Oakley for a very memorable day for my entire family!!!!!! Can't wait for next year.

|
DanDunes818
9/27/2009 9:54pm
Sounds like a blast .. Those Crankcase watches are close to $1000 too. Nice win sir.
MxMickyV
9/28/2009 2:44am
Oakley knows how to throw down a "ride day". Nor Cal's Top Oakley rep, and 80's metal drummer/glam rocker, Shane-O Maes hosted a similar day in Reno at the Mustang Moto Park. Same setup, Rolling O Lab, killer track, food, drinks, and Shane's 80's Glam rock band Emerald City! Here's hoping the economy doesn't end this event after only one moto!
JOHN CHOATE
9/28/2009 7:36am
For those of our Vital brothers "down under", the Oakley O lab will be shipped your way very soon and is due sometime in Nov. I'm not sure if there are going to be any MX events or not, but regardless of what type of theme it is, I'd highly recommend going if you have access. Some of the same Oakley guys should be there as well(Adam, Brian and James).

I just call it like I see it and this event was AWESOME!!

The Shop

mxracer32
9/28/2009 8:38am
man, wish i would of known about this.
JOHN CHOATE
9/28/2009 12:02pm
mxracer32 wrote:
man, wish i would of known about this.
Hate to make you feel bad, but you missed out big time. Patrick had the track prepped great. Even at 5pm there was hardly any dust and you had multiple lines to chose from in every corner. Maybe next year, huh??
nc_mx_kid
9/29/2009 10:17am
I was going to go but went racing instead @ windy hill mx.

Post a reply to: Oakley Day in the Dirt Day

The Latest