Peelout, does the magic button win SX 2013?

bents
Fantasy
710th
Edited Date/Time 12/31/2012 3:54pm
I'm not talking about Meg's magic button of course, but Dungey's. Does Estart make the difference? Surely it can save a few points over the course of a series? What if any of the others don't fire immediately after a crash, causing them to lose valuable points? Could be the difference, no?
|
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/30/2012 10:23pm
What happens if Dungey crashes and the battery comes loose or fails to fire for some reason, no kickstart could make things interesting!

As everything in life, it has its positives and negatives, though I think the positives out weigh the negatives in this case Smile .

For the most part it has to be an advantage, amazed more manufactures have not seen the benefit and moved with the times
fader418
12/30/2012 11:08pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
What happens if Dungey crashes and the battery comes loose or fails to fire for some reason, no kickstart could make things interesting! As everything in...
What happens if Dungey crashes and the battery comes loose or fails to fire for some reason, no kickstart could make things interesting!

As everything in life, it has its positives and negatives, though I think the positives out weigh the negatives in this case Smile .

For the most part it has to be an advantage, amazed more manufactures have not seen the benefit and moved with the times
Dungey don't crash, however sometime's his bike wont shift Shocked
just James
12/31/2012 4:53am
Back in the early days of the modern four stroke mx bike, I beat many faster riders with my two stroke because they had stalled their bike, and couldn't get it to restart. I know that they don't have that hard starting problem to the degree that they used to, but just hitting a button has to be quicker, and definitely has the potential to save a few points over a season.
12/31/2012 5:00am
aaryn #234 wrote:
What happens if Dungey crashes and the battery comes loose or fails to fire for some reason, no kickstart could make things interesting! As everything in...

I'm willing to bet that if he crashes hard enough to make the battery come loose there will be other, bigger problems that will stop him carrying on.

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
12/31/2012 7:40am
I bet Stewart wished he had one of those when he ran into the back of Davey Whistling
TM
bents
Fantasy
710th
12/31/2012 7:51am
aaryn #234 wrote:

Marc_Honda wrote:
I'm willing to bet that if he crashes hard enough to make the battery come loose there will be other, bigger problems that will stop him...
I'm willing to bet that if he crashes hard enough to make the battery come loose there will be other, bigger problems that will stop him carrying on.
Geez, never thought of the flip side to this equation. I guess he would be relegated to a bump start and that would surely eat some time on the clock.
Drtbykr
12/31/2012 9:37am
Maybe not the button, but the consistency of the guy with it has a great chance.
As a KTM owner and fan of their efforts, it sure is fun to root for someone with a legitimate shot.
12/31/2012 12:50pm
Don't those bikes have a closed system different from stock that doesn't recharge the battery to save some weight? I think I might have asked before but don't remember. If so how many starts does one of their bikes have? Would sure suck to not be able to start it after a few stalls in a mud race.
Hut
12/31/2012 1:03pm
Considering the premise I guess a clutch lever is the GOAT!
peelout
12/31/2012 1:12pm
forget the auto start, what he needs is a "James is about to land on you" warning siren
chuck317
12/31/2012 2:04pm
peelout wrote:
forget the auto start, what he needs is a "James is about to land on you" warning siren
good one
just James
12/31/2012 2:23pm
peelout wrote:
Yeah, the smart riders will just do their best to stay away from Stewart until he slips into "self destruct mode" and takes himself (and hopefully ONLY himself) out of the series.
peelout
12/31/2012 2:25pm
peelout wrote:
just James wrote:
Yeah, the smart riders will just do their best to stay away from Stewart until he slips into "self destruct mode" and takes himself (and hopefully...
Yeah, the smart riders will just do their best to stay away from Stewart until he slips into "self destruct mode" and takes himself (and hopefully ONLY himself) out of the series.
don't land on me, Bro
JW381
12/31/2012 2:30pm
No offense to peely, but when did he gain insider information about who wins in SX '13 and if it was because of e-start?

Peelout, gimme some winning lotto numbers, I promise I'll fund the full back tat you wanted to get.
crf250pilot
12/31/2012 3:54pm
peelout wrote:
just James wrote:
Yeah, the smart riders will just do their best to stay away from Stewart until he slips into "self destruct mode" and takes himself (and hopefully...
peelout wrote:
don't land on me, Bro
That's a great T-Shirt slogan right there.

Post a reply to: Peelout, does the magic button win SX 2013?

The Latest