Star Spangled Banner - Dallas SX

Roostermx58
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2016 1:35pm
Saw this on Facebook so thought I would repost.

From Lacey Zarnetski Hill - "I don't usually post my opinion on this subject, but this infuriated me. I'll begin by saying that I don't treat people differently according to their appearance. I had a very friendly chat with and helped a Muslim couple find a specific toy in Target a couple weeks ago while we were shopping. I had no reason to treat them with any disrespect. With that being said, I'll make my point. Why would you choose to live in a country that you have no respect for? This was last night at the AMA Supercross in Dallas, Tx. Before the races began they, as they always do, did a great tribute of respect to our flag and those who serve our country. Every person stood and removed their hats in honor, as you can see. The whole time, this lady sat in her chair and played on her phone without showing any acknowledgement towards the thousands of people around her standing at attention. My husband, myself, and other Americans around us were offended at the lack of respect this woman showed towards the country she lives in. So my question is - Why live in America and reap the benefits of living in this great country if you have zero respect for the country and for those who serve it?"

|
Bosco
2/22/2016 9:23am
I expect this post to go very well.
huck
They say the "pledge of allegiance" at the super cross?

And those that fight, fight for her freedom, just like they do yours.
KTMShane699
This past weekend Jenny Taft referred to Marcus Luttrell as "Morgan Luttrell." If you're going to do a piece on a guy that's largely seen as a war hero, you should show respect and make sure they story is accurate.

I agree that what she did is disrespectful, but letting it anger you will only ruin your day and won't effect her.
The Rock
2/22/2016 9:28am
For as long as I can remember there have been people talking and keeping their caps/hats on during the National Anthem.

This displeases me greatly that people can't shut up for two or three minutes and show an ounce of respect by removing their caps/hats.

The Shop

bf884
2/22/2016 9:29am
Luttrell is one bad dude. If anyone has a chance, try and see him if he still doing speeches and seminars. The way he tells his story is remarkable. Truly a hero.
USMCMXer
2/22/2016 9:31am
This past weekend Jenny Taft referred to Marcus Luttrell as "Morgan Luttrell." If you're going to do a piece on a guy that's largely seen as...
This past weekend Jenny Taft referred to Marcus Luttrell as "Morgan Luttrell." If you're going to do a piece on a guy that's largely seen as a war hero, you should show respect and make sure they story is accurate.

I agree that what she did is disrespectful, but letting it anger you will only ruin your day and won't effect her.
You're kidding, right? It was Morgan Luttrell, Marcus L's twin brother! Both were SEALs.
Firefly47
2/22/2016 9:33am
This past weekend Jenny Taft referred to Marcus Luttrell as "Morgan Luttrell." If you're going to do a piece on a guy that's largely seen as...

It was Marcus' brother, Morgan.
Roostermx58
2/22/2016 9:34am
We do have true heroes in this nation and they should be greatly respected. To not remove your hat (unless you are in uniform) or not even stand shows you show zero respect IMO.
Dezerted
2/22/2016 9:41am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 9:44am
Smh at this thread...

freedom of choice
PEPE001
2/22/2016 9:41am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 9:47am
Maybe she is not American.
That means although no respect.

I am not an American either, but if the national anthem will be plaid from any country I pay attention and behave accordingly. And here you should at least stand up!

We where in a Circus recently and yes for us it was not normal hearing an anthem at the beginning.
But yes we stud up and where quite, I don't have to sing but I can provide a certain respect.

That's just my 2 cents as a foreigner!

ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
2/22/2016 9:42am
I guess this goes right along with some Americans that are burning the flag. I find them to be more disrespectful than this lady.
bish153
2/22/2016 9:43am
Maybe they are Jehova Witnesses...
DPR250R
2/22/2016 9:47am

I had the same initial reaction, until she explained that Marcus was his twin brother.

Not going to pretend I knew he had a twin brother prior to that clip.
dboivin
2/22/2016 9:47am

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...

that was his brother moran.
mjr119
2/22/2016 9:49am
Who gives a shit? Freedom of choice. Luckily, her sitting there minding her own business doesn't affect you!

Is it disrespectful? Maybe. Would you want to salute the North korean national anthem? If for some reason, you were there and everyone was praising the ruler? I assume you would join in out of respect.

Is it really any different when you just look at the basics?

Different strokes.

Just glad I can choose!

2/22/2016 9:57am
She's probably trying to detonate an IED, but doesn't have service because she has T-Mobile. Oh, is that disrespectful...
Insider347
2/22/2016 9:59am
mjr119 wrote:
Who gives a shit? Freedom of choice. Luckily, her sitting there minding her own business doesn't affect you! Is it disrespectful? Maybe. Would you want to...
Who gives a shit? Freedom of choice. Luckily, her sitting there minding her own business doesn't affect you!

Is it disrespectful? Maybe. Would you want to salute the North korean national anthem? If for some reason, you were there and everyone was praising the ruler? I assume you would join in out of respect.

Different strokes.

Just glad I can choose!

Wrong. If I chose to live in North Korea then yes, I would stand up. This lady Is plain disrespecting the country. So why live here? Some will try to make excuses, compare things etc. but its not right. She's an ass.
yeroc281
2/22/2016 10:00am
If you paid attention closely she stated that it was his twin brother a few minutes later. I too, did a double take and thought " did she just screw up?" But soon after she went on to say who it was. Pay attention people.
hvaughn88
2/22/2016 10:02am
mjr119 wrote:
Who gives a shit? Freedom of choice. Luckily, her sitting there minding her own business doesn't affect you! Is it disrespectful? Maybe. Would you want to...

Different strokes.

Just glad I can choose!

I would never salute the North Korean national anthem. So here's what I do: I don't go to North Korea.
gt80rider
So... you have no idea if the woman was an American citizen or not. Maybe she was not, if so, I wouldn't expect her to stand for our anthem. Even if she was a citizen, this is America, the land of the free (or so they say)...
huck
Insider347 wrote:
Wrong. If I chose to live in North Korea then yes, I would stand up. This lady Is plain disrespecting the country. So why live here...
Wrong. If I chose to live in North Korea then yes, I would stand up. This lady Is plain disrespecting the country. So why live here? Some will try to make excuses, compare things etc. but its not right. She's an ass.
How do you know where she lives?
Hi Side
2/22/2016 10:05am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 12:10pm
Dezerted wrote:
Smh at this thread...

freedom of choice
You're mostly spot on with your post.

As an American serviceman I have sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. In that Constitution is the 1st Amendment which offers this lady the freedom of Religion, Speech, Press, and Assembly.

I don't like that she remained seated either but that is absolutely her right. We can't pick and choose which aspects of the Constitution that we want to apply. They're all applied evenly.

Carry on...
peelout
2/22/2016 10:12am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 10:17am
almost got in a fight in a bar out of town last week because the live band that was playing, out of nowhere started playing the Star Spangled Banner. well we were in the middle of a dice/drink and didn't notice it was going on. out of nowhere some dumb hick comes and knocks my buddies hat of his head and get's in our face. like i said, it was out of nowhere, it's not like they announced they were going to play it.

some people take it very very seriously and while i always show respect and remove my hat/stand for the anthem, starting a fight with someone that isn't going along is definitely not the right thing to do.
Dezerted
2/22/2016 10:19am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 10:45am
Op is very similar to "I don't hate black people, my best friends black but....."
peelout
2/22/2016 10:21am

Fantasy
4452nd
2/22/2016 11:07am
Freedom of choice. It's what makes our country so god damn great.

Post a reply to: Star Spangled Banner - Dallas SX

The Latest