Polar HRM

flymoto
3/12/2017 2:29pm
wsc96 wrote:
I had the autolap feature by GPS on my Garmin 310xt. I'd be surprised if that doesn't exist on the Polar devices? Maybe it's just a...
I had the autolap feature by GPS on my Garmin 310xt. I'd be surprised if that doesn't exist on the Polar devices? Maybe it's just a terminology thing…
It does have auto lap. It's just it's recorded on distance rather than a specific part of the track
cable
3/12/2017 2:34pm
cable wrote:
how do you keep the strap from falling down?
Motoxdoc wrote:
This was my fix for that problem. First I added the "bra" straps; I sewed them at each end of the rubber "pick-up" material on the...
This was my fix for that problem. First I added the "bra" straps; I sewed them at each end of the rubber "pick-up" material on the front and a little closer to each other on the back side. That wasn't good enough as the bra straps would fall off my shoulder; so I added the lucas oil strap. I sewed that to one of the bra straps, and on other side I sewed on small velcro tabs so I could wrap it around the other bra strap and attach it to itself. The first few times it took awhile to untangle it and figure out how it goes back on......but now it could be tied in a knot and I can figure it out easily. It'll stay in place for MX no problem! The best thing about it is that it lifts and separates!

i can't believe nobody makes these. I use mine for mountain biking lately. been using them for 12 years. Not a fan of having them super tight when your at max heart rate on the mountain bike, concentrating on breathing..ha
EddieC
3/12/2017 2:39pm
Did a search for Polar on this forum and saw some threads about hrm's and in particular Polar. I thought I would create a profile and...
Did a search for Polar on this forum and saw some threads about hrm's and in particular Polar. I thought I would create a profile and assist with any questions. I am very fortunate to be in position to provide the Polar units you see on Sat nights for the 250/450 SX riders and trainers. Happy to answer any questions about our units and what they use and why.
I use to purchase adhesive patches from Polar that would allow me to run the HR monitor without the use of a strap. Not something that was available to the public at the time they were mostly used for research.
EddieC
3/12/2017 2:42pm
Did a search for Polar on this forum and saw some threads about hrm's and in particular Polar. I thought I would create a profile and...
Did a search for Polar on this forum and saw some threads about hrm's and in particular Polar. I thought I would create a profile and assist with any questions. I am very fortunate to be in position to provide the Polar units you see on Sat nights for the 250/450 SX riders and trainers. Happy to answer any questions about our units and what they use and why.
I use to purchase adhesive patches from Polar that would allow me to run the HR monitor without the use of a strap. Not something that was available to the public at the time they were mostly used for research.

The Shop

Motoxdoc
3/12/2017 2:45pm
cable wrote:
how do you keep the strap from falling down?
Motoxdoc wrote:
This was my fix for that problem. First I added the "bra" straps; I sewed them at each end of the rubber "pick-up" material on the...
This was my fix for that problem. First I added the "bra" straps; I sewed them at each end of the rubber "pick-up" material on the front and a little closer to each other on the back side. That wasn't good enough as the bra straps would fall off my shoulder; so I added the lucas oil strap. I sewed that to one of the bra straps, and on other side I sewed on small velcro tabs so I could wrap it around the other bra strap and attach it to itself. The first few times it took awhile to untangle it and figure out how it goes back on......but now it could be tied in a knot and I can figure it out easily. It'll stay in place for MX no problem! The best thing about it is that it lifts and separates!

cable wrote:
i can't believe nobody makes these. I use mine for mountain biking lately. been using them for 12 years. Not a fan of having them super...
i can't believe nobody makes these. I use mine for mountain biking lately. been using them for 12 years. Not a fan of having them super tight when your at max heart rate on the mountain bike, concentrating on breathing..ha
Yeah, that was my thought! If I patent this can I get 5 cents per sale?
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
3/12/2017 2:55pm
flymoto wrote:
It does have auto lap. It's just it's recorded on distance rather than a specific part of the track
Strange. The 310xt is now 8 years old and does both.
3/12/2017 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2017 3:54pm

[/img]

On any of the apps you can use to view it you can zoom in to see each individual line that was taken each lap, while I am sure it is not 100% accurate it is pretty close. It shows your speed and heart rate at each point which I find pretty handy. This is a Tomtom spark which picks up heart rate from you wrist so you don't need a chest strap, I have worn my Timex with chest strap for heart rate pick up simultaneously to compare, and found the results near identical.
DrSweden
9/11/2017 2:07pm
Are you still at Polar? Just bought an v800 (went from Garmin who has less GPS accuracy) to do moto and I wonder how to set up my v800 (be specific) to create laptimes to view on track (and at home).

Figure it's auto lap, GPS normal, (I set auto paus as well). But should I use cycling profile as a base? So how do I actually start? When taking a paus in the pit after 20 min moto, I don't have to do anything because of auto paus? Then I just go back to track without pushing anything?

Cheers from Sweden.
9/12/2017 7:34am
I would adjust autolap to "location" and start your recording at the start/finish line. You can also secure a new POI point of interest by holding in the top left button ( light) which would be the start/finish line and once you save the POI, hold the light button in again and "Change Target Point" to the new POI. You are correct with autopause .
DrSweden
9/12/2017 12:34pm
I would adjust autolap to "location" and start your recording at the start/finish line. You can also secure a new POI point of interest by holding...
I would adjust autolap to "location" and start your recording at the start/finish line. You can also secure a new POI point of interest by holding in the top left button ( light) which would be the start/finish line and once you save the POI, hold the light button in again and "Change Target Point" to the new POI. You are correct with autopause .
Thank you. I'll try next time I hit the track. Very good to have you around!

Cheers
DrSweden
9/13/2017 4:55am
I would adjust autolap to "location" and start your recording at the start/finish line. You can also secure a new POI point of interest by holding...
I'm doing something wrong here. No laps were created by just pressing start after the GPS signal was located (settings: cycling, automatic lap on location, gps high accuracy, auto paus) I had a space where I walked in circles (20 meters in diameter). So I tried the POI thing, and that was a bit confusing since I can only create a POI while the training session has actually started. I then get the options to show location, or make an POI, but then to activate the POI-1 location? As in where to find the target point (I think I found it under automatic lap settings, where I have location based). When I managed to do that, the screen that then appeared on the watch started with some navigation towards that POI, and you are in the POI, but I could change the screen to one that I have created (with time, lap times etc). But that option didn't give me lap times.

Do you get my confusion? No video showing someone actually doing this?
9/13/2017 5:07am
I have an M400 and really like it but I just don't feel like I am using all it's capabilities or analyzing the information correctly or in depth enough. Do you have a forum or support group that would analyze my stored data maybe even specific to MX? or maybe somebody here?

Drew at Polar provided EXCELLENT customer service when I had trouble with my M400 so Kudos to him.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
9/13/2017 5:11am
Forgot about this thread, was able to delete and add sports profiles to my M400. Thanks.

Now my on track riding profile is a damn person on a horse! Come on! You got top guys and trainers using your product while making millions competing in one of the worlds most physically demanding sports. Can we get a mx profile please
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
9/13/2017 5:17am
526 wrote:
I have an M400 and really like it but I just don't feel like I am using all it's capabilities or analyzing the information correctly or...
I have an M400 and really like it but I just don't feel like I am using all it's capabilities or analyzing the information correctly or in depth enough. Do you have a forum or support group that would analyze my stored data maybe even specific to MX? or maybe somebody here?

Drew at Polar provided EXCELLENT customer service when I had trouble with my M400 so Kudos to him.
What data are you not getting or understanding?
9/13/2017 8:43am
526 wrote:
I have an M400 and really like it but I just don't feel like I am using all it's capabilities or analyzing the information correctly or...

Markee wrote:
What data are you not getting or understanding?
Maybe not understanding so much more but how to use it as a tool is a better way to put it. I would like to know my lap times and wonder how others do this? I would also like to compare others HR as mine is extremely high I think?
9/13/2017 8:49am
GPS recording must be set to high accuracy to use automatic pause.
l Automatic lap: Choose Off, Lap distance, Lap duration or Location- based. If you choose Lap distance,
set the distance after which each lap is taken. If you choose Lap duration, set the duration
after each lap is taken. If you choose Location- based, a lap will always be taken at a specific location.
(the starting point of your session or POI you have marked during your session)

https://support.polar.com/e_manuals/V800/Polar_V800_user_manual_English…

Drew is one of many great people here at the USA Customer Care Team.
DrSweden
9/13/2017 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2017 11:20pm
GPS recording must be set to high accuracy to use automatic pause. l Automatic lap: Choose Off, Lap distance, Lap duration or Location- based. If you choose...
GPS recording must be set to high accuracy to use automatic pause.
l Automatic lap: Choose Off, Lap distance, Lap duration or Location- based. If you choose Lap distance,
set the distance after which each lap is taken. If you choose Lap duration, set the duration
after each lap is taken. If you choose Location- based, a lap will always be taken at a specific location.
(the starting point of your session or POI you have marked during your session)

https://support.polar.com/e_manuals/V800/Polar_V800_user_manual_English…

Drew is one of many great people here at the USA Customer Care Team.
GPS is set on high accuracy, I even stopped the auto pause because I was walking too slow.

The whole issue is the "location based" and the "specific location" and the "Location guide" "set starting point" as in all them seems to be accessible ONLY when the session has already started, and the timer/clock is ticking. I was wishing for set everything up, and then go, now it seems to be the other way around?

After trial and error, I managed to set the watch up and make a few laps, with my small test cycle, so after many tries it worked, but I don't know if it was with the POI or the starting point that I had this one success? I couldn't repeat it!!!

The manual doesn't explain the whole set up, I have both the english and Swedish manual.

Please fill in the sequence for me.

1. Activate watch by press the red button,
2. Choose type of exercise (I use cycling as a base, because it has wheels or something)
3. Press start, it starts to seek for GPS signal. Then it says GPS ok.
4. Press start again, timer starts.
5. Press and hold light button for a few secs, the quick menu appears (its totally different menu if I press that button before I do no. 4).
6. Here I can set the POI, press the start button twice (one to create, one press to save )
7. ?????????????????????????????????????????????

The above damaged path is to use the POI as a lap marker? But how to set a starting point? I was hoping it would just be where I stared by pressing the start button (after finding GPS-signal). But it didn't create laps...
9/14/2017 11:40am
I think the easiest solution is to just start the training session at the track, and maintain riding and not worry about POI. The less button pushing the better, especially with gloves on.
DrSweden
9/18/2017 8:46am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 3:49pm
I think the easiest solution is to just start the training session at the track, and maintain riding and not worry about POI. The less button...
I think the easiest solution is to just start the training session at the track, and maintain riding and not worry about POI. The less button pushing the better, especially with gloves on.
Okay. So I stop at 4 (see above). This asks for the right settings in the watch which we have tried to cover already.
If you have the time, or seen a video of someone setting it up, I would appreciate you posting it. I'm sure this will help others as well.
1/10/2018 10:02am
Hey Wayne - Digging up an old thread, so hope you're still around. I have a LITPro and an H7 strap. My old Polar watch died so I'm looking at buying a new M430. How can I connect the H7 to both the M430 and the LITPro so both devices receive HR data?
Thanks
Simon
Bruce372
1/10/2018 11:04am
I'd like to know where i can get a Polar RS100. Ive had so many HRMs, and the RS100 was the best but i think its been discontinued
1/10/2018 11:15am
@animalhungry
At the moment bluetooth will pair with one device at a time which does not help you. Since I do not know LITPro downloading and history, just what I see on FS1, I would pair the H7 to the device with the best software in which you download to, which might be us ? You could compare the optical off the M430 to the H7 data from LITPro? From what I know, LITPro is great for comparing speed and taking different lines and seeing what speed is gained or scrubbed off.
Tonynz
1/10/2018 11:42am
@animalhungry At the moment bluetooth will pair with one device at a time which does not help you. Since I do not know LITPro downloading and...
@animalhungry
At the moment bluetooth will pair with one device at a time which does not help you. Since I do not know LITPro downloading and history, just what I see on FS1, I would pair the H7 to the device with the best software in which you download to, which might be us ? You could compare the optical off the M430 to the H7 data from LITPro? From what I know, LITPro is great for comparing speed and taking different lines and seeing what speed is gained or scrubbed off.
That’s is how use my M430 and LITpro, have H7 paired with LITpro. I use mtn bike setting on M430.
When I go mtn bike riding I have H7 paired with my V650.
Ove
2/13/2019 5:12am
Trying to dig up this old thread to see if there is any news on the possibility to have a Motocross Sports profile.

I know I can create my own sports profile, and have done so, (currently using a Polar Vantage V) but it would be nice to have a profile with all the things we could monitor while training already made for us.

Since you have Aldon Baker's guys using Polar HRM's, I think you have the best guys in the sport of MX to create a MX and Enduro sports profile for the Polar watches.

Any news?
redrider_714
Fantasy
2213th
6/25/2020 1:54pm
I recently got a Polar M600 and was curious how to set it up for my lap times. Does is have an autolap by location? I am only seeing the autolap by distance. Am I missing something or is it not available? Also the battery life seems to be very short. I’ve read that overall Polar battery life is shorter than most Garmin products but it seems like every 2 days I have to charge the M600. Is the battery getting towards them end of its life or is that a standard time for the charge to last?
Aventador
4/13/2021 8:33pm
Only just reading this now after picking up a Polar V800 after researching how accurate the GPS is on it and thinking I could use it with litpro! I have an Android phone so litpro went out the window.
So there is no decent way to track lap times with a Polar V800 or M400 with an Android phone?
Aventador
4/13/2021 9:54pm
I think the easiest solution is to just start the training session at the track, and maintain riding and not worry about POI. The less button...
DrSweden wrote:
Okay. So I stop at 4 (see above). This asks for the right settings in the watch which we have tried to cover already. If you...
Okay. So I stop at 4 (see above). This asks for the right settings in the watch which we have tried to cover already.
If you have the time, or seen a video of someone setting it up, I would appreciate you posting it. I'm sure this will help others as well.
Did you manage to record laps with the V800? Would you be able to let me know the sequence?

Post a reply to: Polar HRM

The Latest