Seelys suspension issue

kkawboy14
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2017 3:38am
I have been making fun of it a lot (I'll quit)

But has there ever been a bigger mess up in moto? I've been around moto for 45 years and I can't remember a bigger one.
|
mxb2
10/5/2017 9:24am
So you made another post about it?
kkawboy14
10/5/2017 9:26am
It's a legit question. Not another "how did it happen" thread!
mxb2
10/5/2017 9:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
It's a legit question. Not another "how did it happen" thread!
Let it go man.
HenryA
10/5/2017 9:31am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2017 9:32am
Goes to one of the biggest events of the year
Shock fails
Installs new shock
Second shock fails

*blames the equipment and the mud*

Dude It's hard task to beat that one... Pinch

The Shop

10/5/2017 9:41am
HenryA wrote:
Goes to one of the biggest events of the year Shock fails Installs new shock Second shock fails *blames the equipment and the mud* Dude It's...
Goes to one of the biggest events of the year
Shock fails
Installs new shock
Second shock fails

*blames the equipment and the mud*

Dude It's hard task to beat that one... Pinch
It's also the same shock him and Craig ran all outdoors with no issues. We also never saw conditions like Matterly was, now I understand it's on the manufacturer to make sure that doesn't happen but I thought it was obvious that for whatever reason the mud at Matterly took more of a toll on the bike than usual.
GPrider
10/5/2017 9:53am
my God, get a life. Why would you care for more than a second. Read a book, help a friend, volunteer somewhere. Maybe even a job.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/5/2017 9:56am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2017 9:57am
For visibility, it would be hard to beat Dungey’s WP airshock going flat.

The early four-stroke days when Ernesto Fonseca stalled his bike at Anaheim and kicked...and kicked...and kicked was one.

Langston wheel failure that cost him a title? (Same for RJ.)

Dungey’s electrical problems at Southwick?

Actually a couple of Dungey’s problems led to a couple of his biggest comebacks.
Question
10/5/2017 9:57am
I remember js7's crash while leading the 3rd mxdn moto by 30 seconds being a good one for demonstrating that electric starts (and efi) are great.
Markopolo400
10/5/2017 10:29am
GuyB wrote:
For visibility, it would be hard to beat Dungey’s WP airshock going flat. The early four-stroke days when Ernesto Fonseca stalled his bike at Anaheim and...

The early four-stroke days when Ernesto Fonseca stalled his bike at Anaheim and kicked...and kicked...and kicked was one.

Actually a couple of Dungey’s problems led to a couple of his biggest comebacks.
Ernie's 250F reminded me of Josh Grant in 2004, first year CRF250 and rookie at Hangtown and runs away to a huge lead.

Little tip over and kicks for what seemed like forever and resulted in DNF.

Or Dungey's gas cap coming off.
kkawboy14
10/5/2017 11:06am
Man forgot about some of those. Maybe Hughes running out of gas also.
10/5/2017 11:10am
PC DNF's? Been a few of those on the same day. ATK's? Been plenty more failures on the race track.
Seems to me people are still looking for a scape goat to blame USA loosing on. 10-3 from your lead rider ain't going to cut the mustard either but I'm not seeing anyone laying the boot in there. Happy that Covington isn't getting piled on anymore.
10/5/2017 1:11pm
I just watched the motos again and was thinking that it might be in cole's favor that nobody pulled a sock and a couple zip ties. He really didn't look comfortable Sad
mx317
10/5/2017 2:30pm
GuyB wrote:
For visibility, it would be hard to beat Dungey’s WP airshock going flat. The early four-stroke days when Ernesto Fonseca stalled his bike at Anaheim and...

Going way back, Tripes transmission that cost him the SX title.

Doug Henry's bike locking up (early four-stroke) breaking both wrists. I still remember how sad that looked when he had a spectator undo his helmet strap for him by the fence.
10/5/2017 3:01pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I have been making fun of it a lot (I'll quit) But has there ever been a bigger mess up in moto? I've been around moto...

But has there ever been a bigger mess up in moto? I've been around moto for 45 years and I can't remember a bigger one.
In the END there is not much Honda can do , KYB parts, KYB people. But why stirr the plot? Why keep posting about it? 45 years and you posting threads after threads like you were minus 30 on those 45.
kkawboy14
10/5/2017 3:34pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I have been making fun of it a lot (I'll quit) But has there ever been a bigger mess up in moto? I've been around moto...

In the END there is not much Honda can do , KYB parts, KYB people. But why stirr the plot? Why keep posting about it? 45...
In the END there is not much Honda can do , KYB parts, KYB people. But why stirr the plot? Why keep posting about it? 45 years and you posting threads after threads like you were minus 30 on those 45.
How is this thread proof I've only been in moto for 15 years?

Why is this a big deal, Seelys situation? Because I couldn't think of a bigger deal like it in the past? I wasn't making fun of that mess I was just asking a real question and at the same time pointing out why I thought it was a big deal!

Sorry it offends you but somehow I don't think you get the concept of a forum.
10/6/2017 2:38am
Glad you brought it up dude! ( hows that for nieghborly?) Not much going on right now for fans, and still seems unbelievable that the factory bike could fall apart the same way twice. Then we see the various failures of the production bikes, and it is amazing we're not braking off front ends like they did in the 70s. Sure makes you wonder which brand you should buy if the most important thing to you is the bike being together when you land from the big baller jump in the back.
10/6/2017 2:54am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Man forgot about some of those. Maybe Hughes running out of gas also.
Tortelli had one of those too red bud01 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/05/218478/s1200_Screenshot_2017_10_05_20_38_45.jpg[/img]
Tortelli had one of those too red bud01

heart breaking day for tortelli- just come won a great battle with carmicheal (passing and pulling a gap) then run out of fuel! still one of his greatest performances that day- he was on rails
10/6/2017 3:09am
totally agree was a tough one for him, it was a shame things never came together for a whole season while he was in the US, amazing rider I loved watching him
i would have never ran that number but i'm superstitious haha
tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
10/6/2017 3:23am
kkawboy14 wrote:

In the END there is not much Honda can do , KYB parts, KYB people. But why stirr the plot? Why keep posting about it? 45...
kkawboy14 wrote:
How is this thread proof I've only been in moto for 15 years? Why is this a big deal, Seelys situation? Because I couldn't think of...

Why is this a big deal, Seelys situation? Because I couldn't think of a bigger deal like it in the past? I wasn't making fun of that mess I was just asking a real question and at the same time pointing out why I thought it was a big deal!

well there is the fact that you have been a member here for approximately 858 days, with a total of 6,616 posts, that is a total of 7.7 posts per day. Damn man go outside and ride or something.
10/6/2017 3:31am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2017 3:34am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How is this thread proof I've only been in moto for 15 years? Why is this a big deal, Seelys situation? Because I couldn't think of...

tmauto769 wrote:
well there is the fact that you have been a member here for approximately 858 days, with a total of 6,616 posts, that is a total...
well there is the fact that you have been a member here for approximately 858 days, with a total of 6,616 posts, that is a total of 7.7 posts per day. Damn man go outside and ride or something.
YEH!!!! Thats what im talkin about. Why is this 7.7 post per day sumbich tyin up the airwaves?? Is he being held prisoner in someones basement and told to monitor Vital? If we have to do the math on this guy again and catch him exceeding the 7.5 PPD AVERAGE limit in a 72hr period, he is BANNNED! OUTTA HERE! That gives him 3 days to slow it down when he is running off the rails. Damn all this overposting! Its killing us! We need more rules around here I am sure you agree. Imagine all the math were having to do!!
10/6/2017 3:38am
kkawboy14 wrote:

tmauto769 wrote:
well there is the fact that you have been a member here for approximately 858 days, with a total of 6,616 posts, that is a total...
YEH!!!! Thats what im talkin about. Why is this 7.7 post per day sumbich tyin up the airwaves?? Is he being held prisoner in someones basement...
YEH!!!! Thats what im talkin about. Why is this 7.7 post per day sumbich tyin up the airwaves?? Is he being held prisoner in someones basement and told to monitor Vital? If we have to do the math on this guy again and catch him exceeding the 7.5 PPD AVERAGE limit in a 72hr period, he is BANNNED! OUTTA HERE! That gives him 3 days to slow it down when he is running off the rails. Damn all this overposting! Its killing us! We need more rules around here I am sure you agree. Imagine all the math were having to do!!
Oops sorry. I posted too early. I forgot I needed to wait till 6 a.m. Damn it! Now my Post Per Day Average is going up!

Post a reply to: Seelys suspension issue

The Latest