154th
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2015 8:01am
He said it on Twitter.
Would be cool.
Can't embed the tweet on the phone

|
RG1
7/13/2015 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2015 11:31pm
It certainly seems that way, will be cool to see how he does. Not sure how good a bike he will have, not being a factory rider
Jimfunn
7/14/2015 12:43am
RG1 wrote:
It certainly seems that way, will be cool to see how he does. Not sure how good a bike he will have, not being a factory...
It certainly seems that way, will be cool to see how he does. Not sure how good a bike he will have, not being a factory rider
I'm sure he will make the best of what ever he has available, like always.
RG1
7/14/2015 12:48am
Jimfunn wrote:
I'm sure he will make the best of what ever he has available, like always.
Absolutely. He just gets on with it, hopefully he'll be able to have 2 solid races and no bad luck
Aryen
7/14/2015 12:55am
I'd say he should be able to make a top 6 finish.

Crashed hard last weekend btw.

The Shop

The Rock
7/14/2015 2:28am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 2:30am
I enjoyed reading his perspective on possible 2018 MXGP 250F changes in Adam Wheeler's OTOR.

jemcee
7/14/2015 2:35am
oh man the thought that a rider from GBR winning Unadilla makes me laugh what with GBR being enemy no1 in this place recently

*Disclaimer, I am in no way predicting it's going to happen I just think it'd be funny if it did
HenryA
7/14/2015 2:51am
jemcee wrote:
oh man the thought that a rider from GBR winning Unadilla makes me laugh what with GBR being enemy no1 in this place recently *Disclaimer, I...
oh man the thought that a rider from GBR winning Unadilla makes me laugh what with GBR being enemy no1 in this place recently

*Disclaimer, I am in no way predicting it's going to happen I just think it'd be funny if it did
Shaun Simpson is going to win the overall at Unadilla. Stamp it!

mulletman
7/14/2015 3:02am
I sure hope this happens. I can't handle another disappointment involving a GP rider and Unadilla lol.
Bearuno
7/14/2015 3:19am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 3:23am
Well, if Gareth Swanepoel (I'm fairly certain I got the spelling wrong) could get top 10s at Unadilla as a privateer on his way down in the GPs, I reckon Willies Boy should be able to do at least the same......

I'm a long standing admirer of Willies boy, well, Willie himself, actually. Quite admired Gareth, too, though, his results in Unadilla seemed to not register with most US 'fans'. Mind you, many didn't think much of Desalles results there. Both riders results should have been a bit of a "wake up call" for people unaware of racing levels outside of their country.

His bike level? Pretty bloody high, I reckon. I can't recall the tuner Simpson uses name, I think he is either Dutch or Belgian. And Shaun seemed very satisfied with him / them. There are some mighty fine / clever tuners in Europe, much in the line of the late, great Jan DeGroot. Last year, either Moto X or Dirt Bike Rider did an article titled "Lommelwood" - some of the readers here would have their eyes opened a bit if they were to chase it up. Well, if they were to read Mags / Websites other than just their own, local ones. It's a Big , Wide World out there, be Brave and check it out, boys!
RG1
7/14/2015 3:48am
Bearuno wrote:
Well, if Gareth Swanepoel (I'm fairly certain I got the spelling wrong) could get top 10s at Unadilla as a privateer on his way down in...
Well, if Gareth Swanepoel (I'm fairly certain I got the spelling wrong) could get top 10s at Unadilla as a privateer on his way down in the GPs, I reckon Willies Boy should be able to do at least the same......

I'm a long standing admirer of Willies boy, well, Willie himself, actually. Quite admired Gareth, too, though, his results in Unadilla seemed to not register with most US 'fans'. Mind you, many didn't think much of Desalles results there. Both riders results should have been a bit of a "wake up call" for people unaware of racing levels outside of their country.

His bike level? Pretty bloody high, I reckon. I can't recall the tuner Simpson uses name, I think he is either Dutch or Belgian. And Shaun seemed very satisfied with him / them. There are some mighty fine / clever tuners in Europe, much in the line of the late, great Jan DeGroot. Last year, either Moto X or Dirt Bike Rider did an article titled "Lommelwood" - some of the readers here would have their eyes opened a bit if they were to chase it up. Well, if they were to read Mags / Websites other than just their own, local ones. It's a Big , Wide World out there, be Brave and check it out, boys!
I'm almost certain Simpson uses Volleberg tuned engines. My only concern is, with there being a GP just one week before, how much of the stuff he uses in Europe is he going to be able to send and use
Bearuno
7/14/2015 4:01am
Yes, you've a point there. It probably will come down to "bits in a bag / box".

So be it, he's a heck of a rider - I do hope he gets one of the rides he's rumoured to be in consideration for, and his dad, Willie gets to be a part of it, if they want it to be so. They seem to be that rare, fine combination of rider and father / mentor, much like the Thorpes. I've not seen even a hint of the, shall we say, 'Alessi Syndrome' with the Simpson family.
RUTCITY
7/14/2015 4:19am
Aryen wrote:

No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

Still very interested to see how he fares, and the more new blood the better.
7/14/2015 4:32am
Aryen wrote:

RUTCITY wrote:
No. Not at all. Dungey Barcia Pourcel Baggett Peick Wilson ---------- ---------- --------- ---------- Maybe top ten. Still very interested to see how he fares, and...
No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

interesting that you would put Wilson ahead of him when he's been out for so long- I suppose he does have more experience racing that track though

pourcel should be crazy fast at Unadilla this year, he always steps it up a level when it comes time for Unadilla, hes looking very comfortable on the bike at the minute. I think everyone else will be battling for 2nd place!!

as far as simpson goes- difficult one to predict really. He's never raced an ama round before, or ridden that track. But his form at the minute is very good- managed a podium the other week, and been consistently top 5/6 in the gps this year. I would say definitely top 10, maybe top 5 if he gets a good start, outside bet for a podium (I think a bit of luck will have to go his way for a podium)

adds a bit more interest anyway, another top guy competing, even if it is just a one off on his off weekend. Unadilla seems to suit the 'euros' so who knows....
7/14/2015 4:40am
Just be great if he puts a good show on and gets through without fading in the heat, if it's hot at dilla or not I don't know.
7/14/2015 4:41am
jemcee wrote:
oh man the thought that a rider from GBR winning Unadilla makes me laugh what with GBR being enemy no1 in this place recently *Disclaimer, I...

Ain't gonna happen but there would be meltdown if he even gets close Laughing
kongols
7/14/2015 4:46am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 4:47am
Aryen wrote:

RUTCITY wrote:
No. Not at all. Dungey Barcia Pourcel Baggett Peick Wilson ---------- ---------- --------- ---------- Maybe top ten. Still very interested to see how he fares, and...
No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

I remember this same list(it was much longer then) when Pourcel was signed by Husky and how he has no chance at top10. Deja vu.
7/14/2015 4:47am
good too see this hope it goes well for him, been on a roll lately
crashed near the start 3rd moto at Blaxhall Brit Champs and came through to win passing Frossard (winning french des nations 14 team rider)
kongols
7/14/2015 4:51am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 4:52am
good too see this hope it goes well for him, been on a roll lately crashed near the start 3rd moto at Blaxhall Brit Champs and...
good too see this hope it goes well for him, been on a roll lately
crashed near the start 3rd moto at Blaxhall Brit Champs and came through to win passing Frossard (winning french des nations 14 team rider)
Didn`t Frossard stop before finish and let him by, or was it Nichols? I heard a story where Frossard caught one of them, then crashed, then caught again and pulled away by like 15 sec, just to stop before finish and let second place by. Frossard really "loved" his GB team. Or maybe someone was bullshitting me.
RUTCITY
7/14/2015 4:56am
interesting that you would put Wilson ahead of him when he's been out for so long- I suppose he does have more experience racing that track...
interesting that you would put Wilson ahead of him when he's been out for so long- I suppose he does have more experience racing that track though

pourcel should be crazy fast at Unadilla this year, he always steps it up a level when it comes time for Unadilla, hes looking very comfortable on the bike at the minute. I think everyone else will be battling for 2nd place!!

as far as simpson goes- difficult one to predict really. He's never raced an ama round before, or ridden that track. But his form at the minute is very good- managed a podium the other week, and been consistently top 5/6 in the gps this year. I would say definitely top 10, maybe top 5 if he gets a good start, outside bet for a podium (I think a bit of luck will have to go his way for a podium)

adds a bit more interest anyway, another top guy competing, even if it is just a one off on his off weekend. Unadilla seems to suit the 'euros' so who knows....
Yea, i'm excited to see any Euro guys over here.

Speaking of-

My parents live in southern California and i am making my way out there to see the USGP.
I haven't been this excited to see a race in sometime.

But, but, but-

I am so gutted that I will not see Nagl, Desalle, RV2,
Keep everyone else healthy over there!!

And someone loctite Cairoli's elbow together so he will not bow out of this thing!

Excited also to see what Romain is all about as well
7/14/2015 5:19am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 5:20am
Febvre vs cairolli, Simpson and Paulin at GH will be a race to behold IMO.

Mix in any ama riders you like and it'll be spicey as f**k

I'm expecting any of the GP riders who like it soft will do very well there

shuggs
7/14/2015 5:25am
Realistically inside top 10 would be good, major query is heat/ humidity and how he copes with it
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/14/2015 5:29am
RUTCITY wrote:
Yea, i'm excited to see any Euro guys over here. Speaking of- My parents live in southern California and i am making my way out there...
Yea, i'm excited to see any Euro guys over here.

Speaking of-

My parents live in southern California and i am making my way out there to see the USGP.
I haven't been this excited to see a race in sometime.

But, but, but-

I am so gutted that I will not see Nagl, Desalle, RV2,
Keep everyone else healthy over there!!

And someone loctite Cairoli's elbow together so he will not bow out of this thing!

Excited also to see what Romain is all about as well
Afaik Theres a good chance that Nagl will race the last few gps as well as the mxdn.
Not sure about desalle, he's probably out for the season
ayearinmx
7/14/2015 5:41am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 5:42am
kongols wrote:
Didn`t Frossard stop before finish and let him by, or was it Nichols? I heard a story where Frossard caught one of them, then crashed, then...
Didn`t Frossard stop before finish and let him by, or was it Nichols? I heard a story where Frossard caught one of them, then crashed, then caught again and pulled away by like 15 sec, just to stop before finish and let second place by. Frossard really "loved" his GB team. Or maybe someone was bullshitting me.
It was frossard. Straw that broke the camels back
Snapper
7/14/2015 5:42am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 5:43am
Bearuno wrote:
Yes, you've a point there. It probably will come down to "bits in a bag / box". So be it, he's a heck of a rider...
Yes, you've a point there. It probably will come down to "bits in a bag / box".

So be it, he's a heck of a rider - I do hope he gets one of the rides he's rumoured to be in consideration for, and his dad, Willie gets to be a part of it, if they want it to be so. They seem to be that rare, fine combination of rider and father / mentor, much like the Thorpes. I've not seen even a hint of the, shall we say, 'Alessi Syndrome' with the Simpson family.
Perhaps you need to look a little closer...
Shaun used to be under Stefan Everts wing, but decided that he didn't need his advice as he said that there is no set way of becoming a world champion.
Not getting picked up by a factory team despite running top ten in GP's for years should tell you something...
RUTCITY
7/14/2015 5:46am
Febvre vs cairolli, Simpson and Paulin at GH will be a race to behold IMO. Mix in any ama riders you like and it'll be spicey...
Febvre vs cairolli, Simpson and Paulin at GH will be a race to behold IMO.

Mix in any ama riders you like and it'll be spicey as f**k

I'm expecting any of the GP riders who like it soft will do very well there

Yeah, I cant wait man.
7/14/2015 5:55am
Aryen wrote:

RUTCITY wrote:
No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

my quess he does better as Alessi in MXGP Wink
kongols
7/14/2015 6:01am
kongols wrote:
Didn`t Frossard stop before finish and let him by, or was it Nichols? I heard a story where Frossard caught one of them, then crashed, then...
ayearinmx wrote:
It was frossard. Straw that broke the camels back
Did they show him something like this?

7/14/2015 6:46am
Aryen wrote:

RUTCITY wrote:
No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

Add in Anderson, Grant, Noren is riding well, Brayton. I say 6-9 would be a good result, and would give the euros something to brag about on here. 5th for a moto isn't out of the question. Big question would be how comfortable he is on a bike that isn't his GP bike, and how he adapts to the short practice time with that bike. Props to any rider who comes over for a challenge like that. We have seen it work out well with DeSalle the last few times, putting in some top 10 rides.

Post a reply to: Shaun Simpson in for Unadilla?

The Latest