(any rider other than RV)
Villipoto
|
adamdf
5/5/2011 9:11am
Why not? Its racing
huck
5/5/2011 9:11am
I bet Reed is wishing that Trey was there....
jasonv43
5/5/2011 9:14am
huck wrote:
I bet he's wishing he didn't test out the concrete in Dallas either.
huck
5/5/2011 9:15am
huck wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
I bet he's wishing he didn't test out the concrete in Dallas either.
Or that Stewart took him out....

The Shop

Torco1
5/5/2011 9:16am
How ironic would it be if Weimer ended up getting between them and cost him the championship. Yes I know he would move over, but what if he was out in front or something.
DanDunes818
5/5/2011 9:18am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 9:19am
The way this season has gone to date I can't believe anyone thinks 9 points is enough to call it over. This season has had numerous nine point swings. Ryan has lost more than nine points to Reed alone in three rounds. San Diego, Jacksonville and Toronto. That would mean there's a 19% chance that Reed will be champ.. Wink
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/5/2011 9:20am
The way this season has gone to date I can't believe anyone thinks 9 points is enough to call it over. This season has had numerous...
The way this season has gone to date I can't believe anyone thinks 9 points is enough to call it over. This season has had numerous nine point swings. Ryan has lost more than nine points to Reed alone in three rounds. San Diego, Jacksonville and Toronto. That would mean there's a 19% chance that Reed will be champ.. Wink
That's why we still run the dang race, it ain't over till the checkers fly.

BTW, is Canard still going to finish 5th?
Overdrive
5/5/2011 9:24am
I bet RD is wishing he hadn't of had any problems in Daytona. He would be in the lead if it hadn't of been for the mechanical.
5/5/2011 9:26am
Canard is safe in 5th - nobody is close enough to take that away, thats a bloody good achievement considering!

cannot wait to see him return, ive really warmed to his riding this year after previously thinking he was a bit.....well, anyways I reckon he is one of my fave to watch - so stylish.
txmxer
5/5/2011 9:32am
Stew wins...RD and CR on the podium. RV gets the title by a handful. I know that's the obvious ending, but, I think RV proved he could deal with the pressure last week. He will finish strong and get that first title. A well earned title (for whoever wins it).
JonnyQuest
5/5/2011 9:38am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 9:38am
Only way Reed would win is if Villi pulled another "Jacksonville"...

The only way Stewart would win is if he got a holeshot and had Navy Seal Team 6 guarding his rear (like they bailed out our prezdent).
DrSweden
5/5/2011 9:44am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 9:56am
Anything can happen obviously, that's why looking at the final will be so interesting. I'm guessing Stew will take this win because he's supposed to be the fastest, and now he has no pressure. But whatever, this season is crazy. Kind of interesting that RV didn't thank God after the last race? Maybe when he did previously, he didn't do good next race? Dunno, but he did it, and now he doesn't...

Odd that these riders don't put more effort in exploring their psyche as in sports therapy or something, seems that's the major reason for loosing or winning these days and for me that's the only professional way to deal with this kind of pressure.
smoker
5/5/2011 9:54am
what does the calcumoto say? Thats gospel right there.
motomental1
5/5/2011 9:57am
Kind of interesting that RV didn't thank God after the last race? Maybe when he did previously, he didn't do good next race? Dunno, but he did it, and now he doesn't...

he may not have on the podium this time, but after he crossed the finish line when he stoped he fist pumped then looked up and pointed to the sky !!
DanDunes818
5/5/2011 10:01am
JonnyQuest wrote:
Only way Reed would win is if Villi pulled another "Jacksonville"... The only way Stewart would win is if he got a holeshot and had Navy...
Only way Reed would win is if Villi pulled another "Jacksonville"...

The only way Stewart would win is if he got a holeshot and had Navy Seal Team 6 guarding his rear (like they bailed out our prezdent).
You mean if he pulls another Jacksonville , Toronto or San Diego. Whistling
karnivool
5/5/2011 10:02am
Overdrive wrote:
I bet RD is wishing he hadn't of had any problems in Daytona. He would be in the lead if it hadn't of been for the...
I bet RD is wishing he hadn't of had any problems in Daytona. He would be in the lead if it hadn't of been for the mechanical.
i love you idiots that assume he was going to win that night when he broke his chain...he could have cartwheeled and not finished, or crashed and finished 15th...

would he still have the hypothetical lead you are dreaming of?
JonnyQuest
5/5/2011 10:30am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 10:31am
If only this hadn't happened... But only if that had happened...
Face it, Ifs & buts were candy & nuts it would be Christmas everyday (2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden)
DanDunes818
5/5/2011 10:32am
Overdrive wrote:
I bet RD is wishing he hadn't of had any problems in Daytona. He would be in the lead if it hadn't of been for the...
karnivool wrote:
i love you idiots that assume he was going to win that night when he broke his chain...he could have cartwheeled and not finished, or crashed...
i love you idiots that assume he was going to win that night when he broke his chain...he could have cartwheeled and not finished, or crashed and finished 15th...

would he still have the hypothetical lead you are dreaming of?
I just love all the hypothetical stuff. If JS7 doesn't crash in Daytona? If RD1 doesn't DNF? If Rv2 makes main in Jax? If CR22 doesn't take out JS7 in Atlanta. If JS7 doesn't crash in Jax? If TC41 doesn't get hurt testing? If Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson were still in their primes.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/5/2011 10:40am
I don't think it's unlikely for RV to finish 6th. He'll likely be a ball of nerves. A bad start or a small tip over could be all it takes to let Windham, who flies on the hardpack, Brayton, Short, Millsaps, or a guy like Tommy Hahn in there to take him back another spot.

Thing is, Reed has to find a way to beat Stewart and Dungey who both want to go out with a bang. Stewart is always fast, and Dungey has proven he's incredible at the hardpack Vegas track.
mac3-d
5/5/2011 10:54am
DUNGEY takes out VILLOPOTO ( retalatition for last year & stands on his bike ala allessi ) STEWART takes out REED (cause he wants anyone but #22 to win & jumps on his front rotor bends it out of shape) STEWART last man standing (riding) then wipes himself out one lap to go. . OH NO I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE !!!!!
raddad
5/5/2011 11:07am
I don't think it's unlikely for RV to finish 6th. He'll likely be a ball of nerves. A bad start or a small tip over could...
I don't think it's unlikely for RV to finish 6th. He'll likely be a ball of nerves. A bad start or a small tip over could be all it takes to let Windham, who flies on the hardpack, Brayton, Short, Millsaps, or a guy like Tommy Hahn in there to take him back another spot.

Thing is, Reed has to find a way to beat Stewart and Dungey who both want to go out with a bang. Stewart is always fast, and Dungey has proven he's incredible at the hardpack Vegas track.
This is a real probability and a good take on Dungey's chances. Its odd that not to many people see what a machine he is on the hard pack of vegas. People always want to bring up how good RV is outdoors on a 250 but forget how he was run down and gapped by a young and less experienced Dungey in the 250 shootout a few years back and how he won the last few races of RV's career in the 250 outdoors.

Its a long shot that RD could win but as a fan for many years, it would be nice to at least see him take a second overall this year just to show he is in fact a title contender even if he lost the number one plate! \

BTW Riesenberg, do you still own a dirt bike and what happened to riding up here?! I'm still waiting to be schooledWink
jasonv43
5/5/2011 11:19am
I don't think it's unlikely for RV to finish 6th. He'll likely be a ball of nerves. A bad start or a small tip over could...

raddad wrote:
This is a real probability and a good take on Dungey's chances. Its odd that not to many people see what a machine he is on...
This is a real probability and a good take on Dungey's chances. Its odd that not to many people see what a machine he is on the hard pack of vegas. People always want to bring up how good RV is outdoors on a 250 but forget how he was run down and gapped by a young and less experienced Dungey in the 250 shootout a few years back and how he won the last few races of RV's career in the 250 outdoors.

Its a long shot that RD could win but as a fan for many years, it would be nice to at least see him take a second overall this year just to show he is in fact a title contender even if he lost the number one plate! \

BTW Riesenberg, do you still own a dirt bike and what happened to riding up here?! I'm still waiting to be schooledWink
That's what I'm thiinking. There is always a chance of some sort of first turn chaos that can put RV back in the pack. Have to wait and see. Hope it's a good one.
peelout
5/5/2011 11:33am
Overdrive wrote:
yep, and i bet RV wishes he didn't have the two brain farts in Jacksonville... he would've wrapped this thing up in SLC
peelout
5/5/2011 11:41am
GrapeApe wrote:
[img]http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/dumbtheresachance.gif[/img]
LMAO

"HUSBAND?! So what was all that million to one talk?"
jeffro503
5/5/2011 11:58am
Rooting for RV for sure....but with the points this tight and it being in VEGAS.......anything can friggin' happen! I wouldn't be surprised to see either Reed or RD walk out of there with a championship. The ball is in RV's corner....he just has to play it smart.
Stickers
5/5/2011 12:29pm
If RD had only gone faster than the other guys.......
cjmx
Fantasy
1187th
5/5/2011 12:36pm
After two big injuries it would be great to see RV win this championship. Hopefully he rides like he did in SLC
Outsider
5/5/2011 12:39pm
cjmx wrote:
After two big injuries it would be great to see RV win this championship. Hopefully he rides like he did in SLC
Agreed
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
5/5/2011 12:41pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
That's why we still run the dang race, it ain't over till the checkers fly.

BTW, is Canard still going to finish 5th?
Yep,couldn't agree more.

Also Trey has 5th locked in.
He had an amazing season despite his injury.

Post a reply to: So You're Saying There is a Chance...

The Latest