Stewart, Stanton, Renner, Williamson and Weigandt on the Pulpmx Show Tonight!

Matthes
Edited Date/Time 3/15/2012 11:45am
Stewart, Stanton, Renner, Williamson and Weigandt on the Pulpmx Show Tonight

Fresh off a very-muddy Daytona Supercross, the Pulpmx Show presented by BTOSports.com is coming at ‘cha from Las
Vegas and ready to come in fresh and piping hot.

Host Steve Matthes (co-host Kenny Watson is on vacation) will get to the bottom of Daytona with some interesting and unique guests.

JGR Yamaha’s James Stewart collected his second win of the season in a dominating Daytona ride and at the same time, made up some big points on the series leader, Ryan Villopoto. We’ll have Stew on to talk about the race, the season and whether or not his team manager Jeremy Albrecht is any different from when he wrenched for him.

Jeff Stanton is a six-time AMA national and supercross champion who currently works as GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia coach. Stanton’s effect is obviously paying off big-time as Barcia is currently undefeated in the east series. We’ll have Jeff on tonight to talk about working with Justin, his thoughts on the series as a whole and why he never won a 500cc national title.

Privateer Ricky Renner showed up at Daytona on a BTOSports.com Yamaha two-stroke and despite Matthes’ urging to not race, decided to line up and race anyways. And he did pretty well on the bike as he qualified just outside the top 20 and was easily in qualifying position when his bike blew up. Heartbreak for the ring-ding-ding crowd no doubt. We’ll have Ricky on to talk about his adventure and publicity he got for lining up

Ryan Villopoto’s ace tuner Mike Williamson is racking up the titles working with RV as well as his work with Grant Langston at KTM. Mike will be on to discuss how many hours it took to clean his bike after Daytona and whether or not he was nervous working for Tim Ferry.

Racer X’s Jason Weigandt is still down in Daytona announcing the RC Amateur Supercross and we’ll have him on to talk about what went down at Daytona, all things Barry Carsten and his thoughts on the upcoming GNCC series.

Our regular phone screener and part-time producer Tits Legendary will be here to answer your calls and take part in the show. Have a question for the show? Send it over on Twitter @titslegendary and he’ll get it on.

What you’ll want to do is log-in to Pulpmx.com at 6PM PST/9PM EST and click on the Pulpmx Show banner. That will take you to the media player where you can increase your moto knowledge. As usual, you can call in at anytime during the show to talk to the guest or the hosts at 702-586-PULP (7857).

You can listen to the show the next day on Stitcher.com on your smartphone or Itunes for download. It will also be available the next day on Pulpmx.com

Thanks to our sponsor BTOSports.com. BTOSports.com is your #1 source for motocross gear and accessories with Free Shipping WORLDWIDE. Visit BTO today so you can get out and ride!

The Pulpmx show is also brought to you by X-Brand Goggles, JGRMX.com, FMF Racing, AGV Helmets, Works Connection, Vivint Home Automation, Tech-One Designs, FLY Racing and Freegun Underwear
|
Feldspar
3/12/2012 12:25pm
Please ask James if he is doing outdoors.
3/12/2012 12:30pm
i cant wait to hear what renner has to say, and better yet, i'd like to hear mathes apologize to him for doubting
dak446
3/12/2012 1:12pm
Feldspar wrote:
This.
Highsider
3/12/2012 1:43pm
Can't wait to hear OGKW comment on the black flag for Hansen.

The Shop

Spartacus
3/12/2012 1:58pm
Never been to Pulpmx but will go tonight to hear Renner.
Mstock
3/12/2012 2:05pm
As much as Matthes hates two strokes and fan's of two strokes I will give the show another listen since Renner is on. I ride a thumper. I'm to old for a kick ass smoker but agree it has killed bike sales, race turn outs, and the future of the sport.
3/12/2012 2:11pm
Spartacus wrote:
same, its the only reason i'm going to tune in, bc of renner
therealjonon
3/12/2012 2:59pm
Spartacus wrote:
twosmoke30 wrote:
ur missing out on alot of good shit if this is really your first show brah
roughneck
3/12/2012 3:00pm
Spartacus wrote:
twosmoke30 wrote:
I never have either..but will to hear what Renner's got to say..
Whitey
3/12/2012 3:06pm
Highsider wrote:
Kenny is on Vacation, 3rd sentence Smile

Oppurtune timing ha
Highsider
3/12/2012 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 3:49pm
Highsider wrote:
Whitey wrote:
Kenny is on Vacation, 3rd sentence Smile

Oppurtune timing ha
Thanks. Wasn't going to read the entire blog, just listen in tonight! ha!
Pdub
3/12/2012 4:16pm
Feldspar wrote:
I hope he doesn't ask. I appreciate the suspense. Grinning
BR_HERO
3/12/2012 5:06pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
has it started yet? or what? i can't get it to work
In about an hour.
2T42
3/12/2012 5:46pm
Spartacus wrote:
twosmoke30 wrote:
roughneck wrote:
I never have either..but will to hear what Renner's got to say..
same here

Renner has given me a reason to care about stupidcross again. It's been years. I feel 10 years younger, am helping a pro racer with a cool agenda and ordering parts for my 125 for a couple of new 125 classes on our schedule. Never been so excited about racing on both fronts pro and am.

Ricky rocks!
Highsider
3/12/2012 5:52pm
Hey, Tits-
Make sure they bring up this:

"Kyle Regal ‏ @kyleREGAL

Headed to Cali boys and girls... H&H it's official and see you in Indy!! ✌"
mellonhs
3/12/2012 6:59pm
Link to listen to the show anyone??
3/12/2012 9:14pm
thanks matthes for being 2 faced, you looked really professional, after getting off the phone with ricky, you went on a rant about how 4 strokes are awesome, and that you thanked the AMA for making the rules how they are so 4 strokes could prevail. you're such a joke.
2T42
3/12/2012 9:33pm
Matthes is too big of an idiot to realize how bad he looks to all but the fanboys. Trying to take away from ricky or 2 strokes by making a 4 stroke pitch after he hangs up when ricky just owned them and proved Matthes wrong.

He brought up the 144 thing when EVERY 250F rider is cheating by racing a modded and BORED factory double displacement bike IN THE 125 class!

Classy Matthes!

Go Ricky
SoCalMX70
3/12/2012 9:36pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
thanks matthes for being 2 faced, you looked really professional, after getting off the phone with ricky, you went on a rant about how 4 strokes...
thanks matthes for being 2 faced, you looked really professional, after getting off the phone with ricky, you went on a rant about how 4 strokes are awesome, and that you thanked the AMA for making the rules how they are so 4 strokes could prevail. you're such a joke.
Wow. Glad I didnt tune in tonight then.

Suck it Matthes.
2T42
3/12/2012 9:39pm
There was a poll in the chat room and tons of people were listening ONLY because of ricky and had to drudge through the most boring podcast ever to get to the good stuff then he pulls that. Real smart alienating YOUR few listeners.

I knew there was a reason I didnt listen before and will not again.
3/12/2012 9:40pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
thanks matthes for being 2 faced, you looked really professional, after getting off the phone with ricky, you went on a rant about how 4 strokes...
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Wow. Glad I didnt tune in tonight then.

Suck it Matthes.
oh and that bullshit with weigant towards the beginning of the show was just as bad, the racing, motorcycle economy, the tracks, the bikes, the riders themselves have ALL degraded since 4 strokes came into the market
3/12/2012 9:41pm
2T42 wrote:
There was a poll in the chat room and tons of people were listening ONLY because of ricky and had to drudge through the most boring...
There was a poll in the chat room and tons of people were listening ONLY because of ricky and had to drudge through the most boring podcast ever to get to the good stuff then he pulls that. Real smart alienating YOUR few listeners.

I knew there was a reason I didnt listen before and will not again.
the only reason i'll ever listen again is if they interview another 2 stroke rider, mostly to get the chance to hear what the rider has to say, and secondly to have more dirt to shit on matthes with
BR_HERO
3/12/2012 9:42pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
Renner said himself that the 4 stroke was better. Just sayin'.....
3/12/2012 9:45pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
BR_HERO wrote:
yes, he said the 250f was better than a 144

which is obvious btw

what i don't get is the fact that racing a 125/144 against a fully modded 250f is fair, but when you have equal displacement its suddenly the most unfair thing in the world.
RENNER532
3/12/2012 9:46pm
Matthes. Just cause I killed it on a 144 doesn't mean they are competitive. Sorry guys but in today's world the average pro can't do it on a 2 stoke. It's just not possible. It's too much of a disadvantage. In the mud in '08 I got 2nd and almost won my heat in a 250f, but i had a blast on the 125 and ride it really well, and I want to try again on a sx and possibly redbud.. But the end of the story is... A 4 stroke is more competitive at the pro level Sad
DownSouth
3/12/2012 9:50pm
I love my YZ 250 but some you guys are just irrational idiots when it comes to this topic.
BR_HERO
3/12/2012 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 9:58pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
BR_HERO wrote:
twosmoke30 wrote:
yes, he said the 250f was better than a 144 which is obvious btw what i don't get is the fact that racing a 125/144 against...
yes, he said the 250f was better than a 144

which is obvious btw

what i don't get is the fact that racing a 125/144 against a fully modded 250f is fair, but when you have equal displacement its suddenly the most unfair thing in the world.
He called you out on the show, not sure if you're still listening or not.
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
3/12/2012 9:55pm
Some of you 2 stroke fanatics are fucking unreal.

Post a reply to: Stewart, Stanton, Renner, Williamson and Weigandt on the Pulpmx Show Tonight!

The Latest