The "MAN" has spoken....

Huckster
7/21/2012 4:18am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 4:36pm
MINI-VIEW: ROGER DeCOSTER - CAPTAIN AMERICA

Ken Roczen is so focused on winning, but he looks a bit dejected on the podium sometimes. What advice do you offer Roczen?
It’s not easy! It’s not just trying on race day, but the whole week. Both of my guys have a ways to go on preparation. It’s the first time that they have raced a full season of the Nationals. When you tell them how hot it’s going to be at some of the races they tell me that it’s also hot in Europe. Well, it’s a little bit different here. Also, the level of competition is higher.
|
Fleece192
7/21/2012 5:22am
I often wonder if the KTM might be a little under-powered.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2729th
7/21/2012 6:59am
Fleece192 wrote:
Is that why Roczen is consistently near the top in practice and consistently near or on the podium week in and week out?
jeffro503
7/21/2012 7:22am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 7:23am
Bike is not under powered me thinks.

It's a fitness thing. Ken is one hell of an athlete and in better shape that probably 95% of of the other guys who line up........it's just the other 5% ( Bagget , Barcia and Tomac ) are in slightly better shape. They are also more used to this pace , heat , the tracks , ect......

Ken WILL be fine......this is his first year here , and he's young. He'll get it. You can tell the dude is trying his hardest , and you can see it on his face that he's a little disappointed.......not quite sure what everyone was expecting.
kongols
7/21/2012 7:24am
Fleece192 wrote:
I think it`s more about set-up, suspension.

The Shop

newmann
7/21/2012 7:28am
Fleece192 wrote:
426Hemi wrote:
Is that why Roczen is consistently near the top in practice and consistently near or on the podium week in and week out?
Could be. Doubt it though. A fast guy can sure make a lesser bike go good.
umagumadog
7/21/2012 7:39am
The man just said KR won't listen to experience and by not taking it seriously during the week he's getting his ass handed to him on race days.
7/21/2012 7:43am
From Moto Verte via Racerxill http://racerxonline.com/2012/07/20/racerhead-29

My nine weeks of French class disappeared somewhere in the nineties, but I could read that it was not a positive piece on Ken Roczen. So I asked Ludo from 100%--my go-to French guy since 1991—if he could help out with a quick translation.
Where has Kroc been?

The MX2 world champ with style last year, everybody was waiting for Ken for his U.S. beginnings. But the #2 East SX finisher is currently fourth in the outdoors, and the German is not as radical as planned…

…[then they talk about the past outdoor races and results at those]… at the beginning of the season, his goal was to be the first world champ to follow immediately with a US title, but it won't be the case. In the U.S. pits, rumors start to float around. He appears less focused than before, especially in regards to his training for example. At KTM, the trust in him has been eroded following forgettable tweets. Last week, Pit Beirer made the trip to Milville to recap the season with his troops and maybe redirect Ken's focus. He has five races left to show he can be the boss and put himself on the championship podium. A final sprint which will start this weekend at Washougal

Looks like a preparation problem.
burnside
7/21/2012 7:59am
I bet he's lost in the vaginal vortex..... haha.
4stroke4DWIN
7/21/2012 8:11am
burnside wrote:
Thats what I'm thinking, I mean shit, he's an 18 yr old superstar and AMERICA is full of chicks that want to fuck!!!! Thats when I struggled with focusing. I wanted to race and practice but also wanted to chase the trim. You can't do both.
burnside
7/21/2012 8:14am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 8:14am
burnside wrote:
Thats what I'm thinking, I mean shit, he's an 18 yr old superstar and AMERICA is full of chicks that want to fuck!!!! Thats when I...
Thats what I'm thinking, I mean shit, he's an 18 yr old superstar and AMERICA is full of chicks that want to fuck!!!! Thats when I struggled with focusing. I wanted to race and practice but also wanted to chase the trim. You can't do both.
haha. Espcially Californian chicks ;-) "Hey, you've got a cute accent"

Prob railing more sluts than ruts! haha
7/21/2012 8:30am
Roger doesn't know what he's talking about.
Prairieboy43
7/21/2012 9:43am
I agree, the heat and humidity. Been down to Houston a couple of times. Every time down there I am soaked. It takes a while to get used to the humidity, especially coming from a cool, arid region. As for competition, Ken Roczen is competing against the best riders in the world on foreign territory. History has proven itself, some may beat the Americans ( Bayle, Albertyn, and Langston), but most ( Tortelli, Everts, Purcell, etc) will not win. Advantage American. However if you changed the battle grounds, for a series the results may be different.Sad
rmpilot
7/21/2012 11:54am
I agree, the heat and humidity. Been down to Houston a couple of times. Every time down there I am soaked. It takes a while to...
I agree, the heat and humidity. Been down to Houston a couple of times. Every time down there I am soaked. It takes a while to get used to the humidity, especially coming from a cool, arid region. As for competition, Ken Roczen is competing against the best riders in the world on foreign territory. History has proven itself, some may beat the Americans ( Bayle, Albertyn, and Langston), but most ( Tortelli, Everts, Purcell, etc) will not win. Advantage American. However if you changed the battle grounds, for a series the results may be different.Sad
tortelli and pourcel havent beat americans?
burnside
7/21/2012 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 12:59pm
rmpilot wrote:
Thats what I thought. Pourcel came very close to winning all four of the US championships he entered... And he won 2 of them.

I'm not sure if Tortelli lived up to the hype Stateside though. Although I wasn't following the sport too closely at that stage. (Took 1999-2005 out to ride BMX haha)
Prairieboy43
7/21/2012 1:15pm
I agree, the heat and humidity. Been down to Houston a couple of times. Every time down there I am soaked. It takes a while to...
rmpilot wrote:
This is true. They were world champs, along with Tyler rattray, whom have not conquered. However I forgot to mention Chad Reed( he has been the Chump, " Champ").
It is amazing how fast you forget these guys. It is hard to stay the champ, just ask previous champs.
Huckster
7/21/2012 4:34pm
Maybe Marvin(and Roczen)will start to listen to Roger after that first moto today.......

Post a reply to: The "MAN" has spoken....

The Latest