Quality RM250 Build

4/25/2016 2:00am

Out of time now, this carb took me nearly a whole day, the whole thing has been tough, he must have ridden it through some kind of corrosive dirt and just never washed it.
4/25/2016 2:27am
Looking great!, well done that man.
Slosh 112
4/25/2016 4:21am
Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. Colour of frame is neon yellow. Sub, swingarm and frame guards are textured matte black. The colour of the frame...
Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. Colour of frame is neon yellow. Sub, swingarm and frame guards are textured matte black. The colour of the frame has come out so well that it has kind snookered me a bit for the plastics plan now. The factory yellow looks dirty beside it. Possibly may have to go RMZ neon fender, black tank and shrouds with neon graphics kit to keep the yellow? I don't like all black bikes and really want to keep a fair bit of yellow content.
Hey mate nice colour, I thought about adapting the RMZ plastics to my RM but after a while looking at MR Bling's bike I didnt think it looked right with the steel frame and I'd say its a little more than simple fab work. you need an RMZ subframe and the seat has to be modified also.

What you could do is get yourself a black Clarke Racing tank with black shrouds as that would fit with the black subframe and swingarm, and then you can get the neon yellow RMZ front fender and number plate, they fit up really easy to the RM front end.

The Shop

4/25/2016 1:38pm
Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. Colour of frame is neon yellow. Sub, swingarm and frame guards are textured matte black. The colour of the frame...
Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. Colour of frame is neon yellow. Sub, swingarm and frame guards are textured matte black. The colour of the frame has come out so well that it has kind snookered me a bit for the plastics plan now. The factory yellow looks dirty beside it. Possibly may have to go RMZ neon fender, black tank and shrouds with neon graphics kit to keep the yellow? I don't like all black bikes and really want to keep a fair bit of yellow content.
Slosh 112 wrote:
Hey mate nice colour, I thought about adapting the RMZ plastics to my RM but after a while looking at MR Bling's bike I didnt think...
Hey mate nice colour, I thought about adapting the RMZ plastics to my RM but after a while looking at MR Bling's bike I didnt think it looked right with the steel frame and I'd say its a little more than simple fab work. you need an RMZ subframe and the seat has to be modified also.

What you could do is get yourself a black Clarke Racing tank with black shrouds as that would fit with the black subframe and swingarm, and then you can get the neon yellow RMZ front fender and number plate, they fit up really easy to the RM front end.
Hey Slosh 112, checked out your build. WOW! I feel like changing the thread name to "lazy" rm250 build. Lol
Great detail mate
4/25/2016 2:36pm
Why are you not using the ride engineering 1 piece bar mount with the ride engineering clamps?
Had already purchased the pro taper bar clamps before I decided to get the AR triples. I thought I could powder coat the OEM triples, but it just doesn't look nice.
4/26/2016 2:04pm
How did that Carb turn out?....
YZ125H1
4/26/2016 4:28pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/25/132973/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Motor in without scratching the frame lucky

Motor in without scratching the frame lucky
Looks good! Welcome to the I purchased a clapped out rm250 club. Digging the colors. Crazy how close the fitment is on most of the stuff on the bike. Suzuki engineers didn't leave much room.
4/26/2016 7:11pm

Not too bad, waiting on some new hoses, was great inside but will rejett I think and hope to run it a bit leaner than the previous owner
Slosh 112
4/27/2016 3:49am
Hey Slosh 112, checked out your build. WOW! I feel like changing the thread name to "lazy" rm250 build. Lol
Great detail mate
Haha thanks mate. It is taking a long time... getting close though.
Slosh 112
4/27/2016 3:55am
Why are you not using the ride engineering 1 piece bar mount with the ride engineering clamps?
Had already purchased the pro taper bar clamps before I decided to get the AR triples. I thought I could powder coat the OEM triples, but...
Had already purchased the pro taper bar clamps before I decided to get the AR triples. I thought I could powder coat the OEM triples, but it just doesn't look nice.
Do ride engineering make clamps for the RM125/250? don't you have a set too dbrunksi125? I remember you saying they were for an RMZ?
4/27/2016 4:11am
Had already purchased the pro taper bar clamps before I decided to get the AR triples. I thought I could powder coat the OEM triples, but...
Slosh 112 wrote:
Do ride engineering make clamps for the RM125/250? don't you have a set too dbrunksi125? I remember you saying they were for an RMZ?
The clamps look to have both sets of mounting holes for the front fender rm/rmz so maybe universal? The bar clamp holes seem to take any cone shaped rubber mounts. The OEM stem is looks way better quality but I couldn't be bothered pressing out the RE stem that comes pre pressed.
VRR7
4/27/2016 4:11am

I put my dis-assembled carb mag parts in a pot on the stove with the juice of one lemon - Comes our very clean ( Must be a real lemon ) No need to make the water to hot either.
4/27/2016 4:18am
VRR7 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/27/133129/s1200_carb.jpg[/img] I put my dis-assembled carb mag parts in a pot on the stove with the juice of one lemon - Comes our very clean (...

I put my dis-assembled carb mag parts in a pot on the stove with the juice of one lemon - Comes our very clean ( Must be a real lemon ) No need to make the water to hot either.
That looks good! I acid bathed my bits (they went dark) then scrubbed all of the surfaces I could get to. Kind of leaves it shiny with dark seems and edges. Kinda looks lol the works pipe (engine is sorta the same look too, same process)
4/27/2016 5:12am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/26/133116/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Not too bad, waiting on some new hoses, was great inside but will rejett I think and hope to run it a bit leaner than...

Not too bad, waiting on some new hoses, was great inside but will rejett I think and hope to run it a bit leaner than the previous owner
Awesome, looks great!, I'm taking notes on the wire brush look for the engine, I like that.

May have to invest in a Dremel it seems, and some Lemons!.
bvm111
5/1/2016 8:13pm
Really... A lemon???

That looks awesome, next time I tear down the KX I'm going to do that to my carb!
jeffro503
5/1/2016 9:21pm
You know I've always had really good luck with old WD-40 and some very fine steel wool. If you let the WD-40 sit just a little bit , it penetrates into the metal extremely well. Little elbow grease and it looks like it came right off the show room floor.
5/1/2016 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 3:56am

Linkages proper flogged! Knew something was up when I sat on the bike and it didn't come back up! The owner told me he set the suspension up like that because he "likes it". Lol I knew I just could be bothered preaching
Suzuki7
5/2/2016 9:38am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/25/132978/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Out of time now, this carb took me nearly a whole day, the whole thing has been tough, he must have ridden it through some...

Out of time now, this carb took me nearly a whole day, the whole thing has been tough, he must have ridden it through some kind of corrosive dirt and just never washed it.
What did you use to clean the carb with, I'm actually in the same process doing a rebuild (99 rm 125) and the person I brought it off hadn't washed it in years from the looks
RMiller227
5/9/2016 6:28pm

Just picked up an 07 RM 250. Has a great motor, but there is a lot of unknowns to this bike. Going to strip it down and start putting together a "wishlist" of parts. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.
jeffro503
5/9/2016 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2016 6:42pm
You know what would look killer on this bike if you could ever get it? That special TLD Flo yellow plastic they ran at a few events. Almost match that frame perfectly. But sadly it was only for the Honda's!

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/9/2016 6:42pm
RMiller227 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/09/134608/s1200_image1.jpg[/img] Just picked up an 07 RM 250. Has a great motor, but there is a lot of unknowns to this bike. Going to strip it...

Just picked up an 07 RM 250. Has a great motor, but there is a lot of unknowns to this bike. Going to strip it down and start putting together a "wishlist" of parts. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.
Be careful, that's what I was planning on doing. Shocked

OP- nice build so far, what color plastics are you planning on running ? Graphics ?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/9/2016 6:44pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what would look killer on this bike if you could ever get it? That special TLD Flo yellow plastic they ran at a few...
You know what would look killer on this bike if you could ever get it? That special TLD Flo yellow plastic they ran at a few events. Almost match that frame perfectly. But sadly it was only for the Honda's!

Damn... Guess we were thinking about the same shit at the same time. Lol
5/9/2016 8:57pm

Playing around with the plastics colours, I have a new idea that I wasn't going to do, but a buddy assured me it's a path worth trying

Post a reply to: Quality RM250 Build

The Latest