Quality RM250 Build

adam8781
5/9/2016 9:11pm
the frame color is killing me, love it. whats the path?

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/9/2016 9:19pm
adam8781 wrote:
the frame color is killing me, love it. whats the path?

Not normally a big fan of black plastics, but this bike will be a great candidate for black. The yellow ain't working on this build, that's fo sho.... Tongue what's your plan for a gas tank ? Clarke has the black and the white I beleive, but the aluminum gas tank with the RMZ shrouds would be a bitchen combo on this one.

I hate to admit it, but I think I'm going to pony up for the aluminum tank on mine. It'll seperate it from all the other RM250 builds for sure. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with it. That Black swing arm looks great, I almost went down that road myself, but I was worried about what it would look like after a couple months of riding.
5/9/2016 9:35pm
This is a really good build. Keep up the great work. I'd buy this bike from you in a heartbeat if u were local to me.

I'd go white or black plastics with the neon yellow graphics.

These 2-stroke restoration threads are easily the best thing about the Vital forums.
5/9/2016 10:21pm
Yeah pretty similar to me you guys in thoughts. White looks crap with the neon yellow (there is a guy doing one). Black plastics including tank with neon rmz front would be a great choice. I am going to try something else first though and if it doesn't work I will go back that way. I am being led by emotion at the moment. I did this whole thing because I love RM's (been out of bikes for 10 years) and I want one but I also want it to look like an RM at first glance. So I'm going to try that first and if I can't make it work won't be much bother to rip down and change. Also don't want it to look like Frankenstein either if I can avoid it. This is a bike I want in the office lobby in 25 years time, along with a kx250 and cr250 hopefully.

The Shop

5/10/2016 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 2:06pm
Sick build you've got goin. I'd do all black plastics and get those fork tubes clear ano'ed
Camp332
5/11/2016 6:13am
Sir, this is a cool looking build so far!

If I may make a suggestion on plastic color. White would look very nice with that frame/swingarm color combo.
5/15/2016 10:51am
Camp332 wrote:
Sir, this is a cool looking build so far! If I may make a suggestion on plastic color. White would look very nice with that frame/swingarm...

If I may make a suggestion on plastic color. White would look very nice with that frame/swingarm color combo.
agreed. This seems to be the consensus.

The great thing about white plastics, is that you can go pretty much ANY color for your graphics and it will look good. Nothing wrong with a little bit of contrast.

White plastics..... then get a graphics kit that can match that neon yellow you got the frame.
jeffro503
5/15/2016 5:06pm
Camp332 wrote:
Sir, this is a cool looking build so far! If I may make a suggestion on plastic color. White would look very nice with that frame/swingarm...

agreed. This seems to be the consensus. The great thing about white plastics, is that you can go pretty much ANY color for your graphics and...
agreed. This seems to be the consensus.

The great thing about white plastics, is that you can go pretty much ANY color for your graphics and it will look good. Nothing wrong with a little bit of contrast.

White plastics..... then get a graphics kit that can match that neon yellow you got the frame.
That right there is a killer idea!

Today I watched the Indianapolis road course race and Simon Pagenaud was rocking this car here , and it totally reminded me of this build thread!

5/20/2016 2:13am

Trying to make the yellow work because RM's are yellow. But the tank colour is doing my head in.
5/20/2016 3:36am
Get a black clark gas tank !
Don't really like black. One of the companies claims to have a flo yellow tank, just waiting on pics
5/20/2016 3:46am
Don't really like black. One of the companies claims to have a flo yellow tank, just waiting on pics
Is it clark gas tanks? I've already asked them about it. They said it's same color as oem, just it's translucent and can see the fuel level. Here's a pic they sent me

5/20/2016 3:51am
Is it clark gas tanks? I've already asked them about it. They said it's same color as oem, just it's translucent and can see the fuel...
Is it clark gas tanks? I've already asked them about it. They said it's same color as oem, just it's translucent and can see the fuel level. Here's a pic they sent me

Just looked, yeah it is. May be a dead end too.

Premix
5/20/2016 4:53am
Black tank, shrouds, side panels and rear fender. Flo yellow front plate and fender.
5/20/2016 4:57am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2016 5:10am
Do those spoke covers not end up f@cking up the finish of the spokes? Anyway, I reckon the bike will look better with either a chrome or black finish on the spokes.
MotoGuido
5/20/2016 7:36am
Like others have said. When I saw the frame I was stoked. When I saw the standard yellow plastic next to it.. well it just hurt my eyes..

Go with a black and have flow yellow graphics.
6/11/2016 3:58am
Looks great mate!. Flo Yellow graphics?....
6/11/2016 4:38am
#76 wrote:
Looks great mate!. Flo Yellow graphics?....
Still working on a few things, well see
smv ryder
Fantasy
1425th
6/11/2016 6:56am
How hard is it to install the RMZ aluminum tank on a RM? If it's possible that would like very trick IMO. Not sure if I would keep the raw aluminum look or PC it flo yellow
jeffro503
6/11/2016 7:28am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/10/138655/s1200_image.jpg[/img] A few bits coming in, now work on the brakes

A few bits coming in, now work on the brakes
I'm with the other guys on this. I don't care for black plastics , but goes very well with this particular build. The back tank and then a graphics package which has some flo yellow mixed in , will look very freakin' cool! Good job on this RM man , she's looking good.

Post a reply to: Quality RM250 Build

The Latest