Washougal TV coverage?

racer811
Edited Date/Time 7/23/2012 10:10pm
On Racer X for how to watch Washougal, it shows the 250 moto 2 on NBC Sports at 11:00am on Sunday. I just checked my cable guide and it shows tour defrance at 11:00am. It shows Motocross at 11:00pm Sunday night on NBC sports, but it does not say what motocross round it is, just says Motocross.

I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem? I went ahead and set the 11:00pm show to record, but was not sure if the cable guide was wrong at 11:00am or if Racer X was wrong with there time.

Thanks.
|
EmDub425
7/21/2012 9:15am
yep, I am getting a 1 hour block on saturday night at 8 pacific time, and a 1 hour block on sunday night at 8 .
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
7/21/2012 9:22am
Same here, I cannot find moto 2 (of which ever class is not showing tonight at 8pm) anywhere on my NBC Sports listings.

It does show a moto 2 at 8pm tomorrow night, but it also says that it is a repeat not a new broadcast so that usually means it is a repeat of tonight's moto 2. But no listing for a moto 2 of the other class (not sure which one they are showing tonight).

Last week I went to watch the missing second moto (same thing happened last week in my area), and Alli Sports had not yet posted the archive links for that race (as of Sunday late afternoon).

I am going to go check my mailbox to see if my Cycle News showed up yet....
MXerDW
7/21/2012 9:22am
This is what it shows in the race links thread also.

MX TV Schedule (please check your local TV listings)
LIVE on FUEL TV 1pm PT or 4pm ET – 450/250 First Motos
Saturday on NBCSN 8pm PT or 11pm ET – 450 Second Moto
Sunday on NBCSN 8pm PT of 11pm ET – 250 Second Moto
racer811
7/21/2012 9:37am
Thanks for the tips guys. Glad its not just me that the time is wrong for. Hopefully the one at 11:00pm is the 2nd 250 moto.

Here is what is says on Racer X.
TV Schedule
450 / 250 Moto 1
Saturday July 21 4:00PM EST - FUEL TV

Saturday July 21 4:00PM EST - Allisports.com

450 Moto 2
Saturday July 21 11:00PM EST - NBC Sports Network

250 Moto 2
Sunday July 22 11:00AM EST - NBC Sports Network

The Shop

7/21/2012 12:29pm
the tv schedule is so fucked even racerx cant follow it.

in the quest for live coverage.... even when the man questing for it KNOWS it doesnt produce higher ratings... when your hardcore fans have a hard time figuring it out, when your staff at the 1# mx magazine in the world cant even follow it because its such a cluster...

and dont give me this bs of be thankful and 10 years ago horseshit. I have been one of the biggest and most vocal supporters of the coverage, the announces, the production value, you name it. Even when the sound was so fucked up on a few of last years (2011) SX races where you couldnt even hear Ralph and Jeff, I supported it. But to think, in anyones most fevered dream, that this years tv package was "good"? I dont give 2 rats fucks if its live or a week later. The goal should be consistency and a good time slot to build on so you can build up sponsors and ratings. period. You should go for a saturday NIGHT slot so you dont have to compete with Golf and NASCAR. You have no college sports to compete with in the summer and until aug, no NFL. Its wide open. Speed balks, fine, why not FuelTV. imo, AlliSports and NBC, you do NOT need them if this is what you have to go thru. You want to stream on the web, noone on these forums is more aware of the costs than me, but you would be better served cutting a deal with Fuel and streaming yourself than relagated to all over the map times that even the providers and programers cant follow, on a channel the majority dont get.
daemon616
7/21/2012 2:02pm
the tv schedule is so fucked even racerx cant follow it. in the quest for live coverage.... even when the man questing for it KNOWS it...
the tv schedule is so fucked even racerx cant follow it.

in the quest for live coverage.... even when the man questing for it KNOWS it doesnt produce higher ratings... when your hardcore fans have a hard time figuring it out, when your staff at the 1# mx magazine in the world cant even follow it because its such a cluster...

and dont give me this bs of be thankful and 10 years ago horseshit. I have been one of the biggest and most vocal supporters of the coverage, the announces, the production value, you name it. Even when the sound was so fucked up on a few of last years (2011) SX races where you couldnt even hear Ralph and Jeff, I supported it. But to think, in anyones most fevered dream, that this years tv package was "good"? I dont give 2 rats fucks if its live or a week later. The goal should be consistency and a good time slot to build on so you can build up sponsors and ratings. period. You should go for a saturday NIGHT slot so you dont have to compete with Golf and NASCAR. You have no college sports to compete with in the summer and until aug, no NFL. Its wide open. Speed balks, fine, why not FuelTV. imo, AlliSports and NBC, you do NOT need them if this is what you have to go thru. You want to stream on the web, noone on these forums is more aware of the costs than me, but you would be better served cutting a deal with Fuel and streaming yourself than relagated to all over the map times that even the providers and programers cant follow, on a channel the majority dont get.
GregM, dropping knowledge bombs!
DC
7/21/2012 2:27pm
Born Slow, if it were that easy, don't you think it would be that way right now? It's a work in progress, and sometimes it's not perfect, but it's getting there. If you have any tips on how to navigate a TV package for a five-hour live event with two classes overlapping, and riders who need at least an hour for halftime, please let me know, you have my email address.

For the record, what the network sent us in the first place was incorrect, and when they corrected it, we failed to make the correction the first time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

DC
MX Sports
7/21/2012 2:59pm
DC wrote:
Born Slow, if it were that easy, don't you think it would be that way right now? It's a work in progress, and sometimes it's not...
Born Slow, if it were that easy, don't you think it would be that way right now? It's a work in progress, and sometimes it's not perfect, but it's getting there. If you have any tips on how to navigate a TV package for a five-hour live event with two classes overlapping, and riders who need at least an hour for halftime, please let me know, you have my email address.

For the record, what the network sent us in the first place was incorrect, and when they corrected it, we failed to make the correction the first time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

DC
MX Sports
DC, you arent new to this. This isnt your first trip into this arena. You know for a fact, wether its live, 2 hours later, the next day, the ratings stay the same. This isnt speculation.

So, why are you trying so hard to fit a square peg into a round hole? The goal, and you said this, is to get more exposure for the sport. But this year especially, you seemed so intent on live coverage for the hardcore fans.... the fans you will almost never lose unless you make it such a trial to even find the coverage.... you lost sight of the fact that tv is for growth and exposure. We moto heads, you included, we will go thru about anything to get any snippet of coverage. We moto heads arent growing the sport tv wise per se. Cater to the noob, let us bitch piss and moan while we eagerly watch everything we can get our hands on.

But the square peg? You can NOT take a 5 hour day, and do every bit of it live and on tv in one shot. If we ever get to that place where its wanted and feasible, we will be a nascar level. So, instead of trying to, why not try for the evening of the race or the next day, or a monday? Anything thats in a desirable time slot, where you can take all the motos, develope stories in the pits and knit it all into a nice, highly informative, polished package. Why not make it a 3 hour show in a consistent time slot on a network that is in the popular Dtv, Dish, and most cable packages? You dont have to reinvent the wheel and explore new ground every rattle out of the box. Shine up, polish, and present what you already have.

Look, you already have the announcing and production values. Get 2 or 3 camera/reporter teams, get little clips of the goings on, the little back stories. Just have them roam and gather. Let matthes say hey go ask this over there, and you go ask that of those guys. Then you have your race coverage, which is WAY better now than ever as far as going thru the pack, knit it together, you have 2 to 3 hours to do it, and you are already doing it on the fly so you can relax a bit.. boom. K.I.S.S. and it is that simple. just need coordinated and you already have the guy to do it. and thats not me being biased. hes just the best suited for the job besides you or weege who already have a full plate on race day.

and the boohoo hardcore fans, that bitch about a 3 minute delay in "live" coverage... no offense, screw em. They would bitch if it was on their tv 3 minutes before it happened! If it wasnt that, it would be something else.

But this is the first time in my life, that I have literally said screw it and stopped trying to find the coverage. You know the first moto is fuel, 618 on Dtv, after that, I have managed to get 3 2nd motos and 2 was because the dvr got them, and 1 was because I found it, and the rest, well, i damn sure didnt get anything from 603. Now if a person that lives this sport says screw it... how do you expect new people to try to find it?
Xeno
7/21/2012 3:08pm
While I watched today's race online, a friend in another state went to a local watering hole and asked them to show the motocross race on tv. They obliged, but at the end of the 450 moto he realized he was watching a repeat of last weeks race!
He figured it out because he and I were texting back and forth but our conversations didn't match up.
DownSouth
7/21/2012 3:10pm
I think Weege even gave the wrong time for the moto 2 broadcast during the race call. I thought he said something about watching the race with your morning coffee, implying it was on early tomorrow and not at 8pm PT/11pm ET.
robkinuk
7/21/2012 3:14pm
Enjoyed the first 450 moto, great race, but my laptop froze just into 250 moto and spent 20 mins rebooting! Just caught white lap lap!
7/21/2012 3:18pm
I would happily pay for a service like MX life just to avoid this every week.
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/21/2012 3:38pm
DownSouth wrote:
I think Weege even gave the wrong time for the moto 2 broadcast during the race call. I thought he said something about watching the race...
I think Weege even gave the wrong time for the moto 2 broadcast during the race call. I thought he said something about watching the race with your morning coffee, implying it was on early tomorrow and not at 8pm PT/11pm ET.
We get to have a morning coffee while watching every round live, both moto's. Wink
Denn700
7/21/2012 4:26pm
I would rather watch both motos later than watch the first motos live.
daemon616
7/21/2012 4:34pm
I have to say I am however really impressed with the Allisports stream. Great quality for a streamed internet broadcast.
jimmie
7/21/2012 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 4:40pm
oops
DC
7/21/2012 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 4:48pm
We will have an all-day stream sorted next year. It's a progression. I hate missing the second moto too -- I am home this weekend getting ready for Loretta Lynn's -- so I feel everyone's disappointment in having to wait to see the second races.

And Slow, since I am also one of the "boohoo hardcore fans" you think we should screw, I'm guessing we will disagree about a lot of stuff we're trying to do, and I am okay with that. But if just a tape-delayed highlights show is what you want, we already air one, every Thursday evening after a race.

DC
MX Sports
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
7/21/2012 5:09pm
I have watched all the motos, live today, just waiting on the last one now.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
7/21/2012 7:02pm
There is motocross this summer? I wouldn't know.

My cable is too high as it is. Local channels, HD Channels, Speed channel etc. Adding another channel for $10-15 isn't in the cards. Times are hard and that's something that has to give. I have taken to watching Formula 1, its on the same channel, I can DVR the entire series and watch it on my time. Yes I realize it may be 8 hours behind, sometimes I stay up late and watch it live.

The computer doesn't have Digital Recording of webcasts, and I have a life. So if the event comes on at 11AM Saturday morning - I'm long gone, I've got stuff stuff to do.

I really appreciate the work that you guys do. D.C. the broadcast team, Alli, NBC and all but honestly I have to catch Youtube or RacerX, Alli or TWMX reports to follow.

It sucks but like it was said above - I don't think it was thought out very well. I am sure there is some out of pocket for the Series to be on all this TV/Web stuff, and its a shame due to the mixups the return isnt there. If it was on one channel that I could DVR at 3AM I would be fine with that. I will watch it the next morning. Make it on demand so we cant fast forward through the commercials.

I like the 3 hour program idea. What is Shark Vacuum paying for airtime? Can you guys match that? Shit, Its on Speed and Spike all night long.
DC
7/21/2012 8:00pm
Thanks Tiki. www.allisports.com has every race archived so you can watch it whenever you want. It's digital recording for your computer.

DC
MX Sports
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
7/21/2012 9:19pm
DC wrote:
Thanks Tiki. www.allisports.com has every race archived so you can watch it whenever you want. It's digital recording for your computer.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks DC. I will check that out.
Lightning78
7/21/2012 11:52pm
I'm just really bummed on Southwick first motos are live on the 11th and the second motos aren't on till the 14th??? That's on a Tuesday long after the races AND press have taken place. Which if you're trying to avoid seeing the results until the race you're kind of screwed. Plus matthes made mention a strong rumor that Lawrence is gonna race the wick which it sounded like bec if he was referring to the 338 of zach osbourne he would've said something like zackie-poo
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/22/2012 1:27am
Denn700 wrote:
We get to watch all 4 moto's live. Smile
Allisports for the 1st moto's, SPEED or FUEL for the 2nd moto's.
Fleece192
7/22/2012 3:39am
I'm just really bummed on Southwick first motos are live on the 11th and the second motos aren't on till the 14th??? That's on a Tuesday...
I'm just really bummed on Southwick first motos are live on the 11th and the second motos aren't on till the 14th??? That's on a Tuesday long after the races AND press have taken place. Which if you're trying to avoid seeing the results until the race you're kind of screwed. Plus matthes made mention a strong rumor that Lawrence is gonna race the wick which it sounded like bec if he was referring to the 338 of zach osbourne he would've said something like zackie-poo
At least dilla is live, but I will be thereSmile

Southwick National August 11 FUEL TV 1:00 PM 250/450 First Motos

August 13 NBCSN 4:00 PM 250/450 Second Motos

August 15 NBCSN 12:00 AM Highlight Show

Red Bull Unadilla National August 18 FUEL TV 12:30 PM 250/450 First Motos

August 18 NBC 3:00 PM 450 Second Moto

August 18 NBCSN 4:00 PM 250 Second Moto

August 22 NBCSN 1:00 AM Highlight Show

August 27 NBCSN 3:00 PM 250 Second Moto Re-Air
Hoov
7/22/2012 5:33am
DC wrote:
We will have an all-day stream sorted next year. It's a progression. I hate missing the second moto too -- I am home this weekend getting...
We will have an all-day stream sorted next year. It's a progression. I hate missing the second moto too -- I am home this weekend getting ready for Loretta Lynn's -- so I feel everyone's disappointment in having to wait to see the second races.

And Slow, since I am also one of the "boohoo hardcore fans" you think we should screw, I'm guessing we will disagree about a lot of stuff we're trying to do, and I am okay with that. But if just a tape-delayed highlights show is what you want, we already air one, every Thursday evening after a race.

DC
MX Sports
"We will have an all-day stream sorted next year."

This is the best thing I've ever heard about "live" coverage for MX. Please, please, PLEASE make this happen. And thank you SO MUCH for what you do to bring us the coverage that is possible now Smile
DC
7/22/2012 6:03am
Southwick's NBC Sports races fell victim the Summer Olympics on all of NBC's platforms. I wish it were different but it's not.

In 2007 or '08 the Red Bud National wasn't on for nearly a month due to the Tour de France on OLN, at the height of Lance Armstrong's popularity. It's been much worse, but it can get much better and it will.

DC
MX Sports
motofab36
7/22/2012 6:51am
Denn700 wrote:
This is my thoughts exactly! Why is everyone so intent on live coverage? Live would be great but as DC says, the mx format makes it hard. I would much rather see the whole thing delayed to saturday night or sunday morning.
sc961
7/22/2012 6:51am
The days of 1 race per season on Wide World of Sports is long gone I guess...

Now we have moved onto complaining about imperfect scheduling on a racing web site where we can get up to date racing new, and even MXd posting directl links for us on Vital to watch lap by lap action..

DC, keep up the good work on making TV work for us as well as the Allis live stream. I think it's pretty cool to be able to watch 1st moto's on my phone while going somewhere Saturday afternoon.

Doubt your system will be perfect for everyone, but there are many out here that appreciate your efforts.

Post a reply to: Washougal TV coverage?

The Latest