Way to go Team Alessi

6/16/2012 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2012 6:09am
You held off the best in the world Team Decoster/Dungey for 7.5 mins and got on the podium, stay healthy and keep it up man, awesome. Dude you rode awesome today man, give yourself credit, stick to your plan man.
|
lucero10x
6/16/2012 3:45pm
[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/13211609.jpg[/img]
Because 3rd o/a for a privateer team in the 450 class is such a poor result. Wink Sure, Mikey has some room for improvement, but he is 2nd in points. Pretty cool. Keep on keepin' on, 800.
PFitzG38
6/16/2012 4:56pm
Way to go MIKE Alessi. MotoConcepts has always been strong (although the dedication his mechanic showed last week was huge) I didn't really like the way Mike was introduced with all the hype coming from the amatuers. Wasn't really Mike or Jeffs fault - at all. Never liked the way his dad portrayed himself or was portrayed as the prototypical mini-dad living through his kids. Wasn't really Mike or Jeffs fault. I couldn't understand Tonys relationship, or non-relationship with Roger. One thing I do understand is that both Mikey and Jeff have paid thier dues and at least Mike is one motivated, dedicated, competitive and hard working motocrosser who has always lived and breathed moto. Since this is my favorite sport and I totally understand what it takes to succeed at it, how can I not have huge respect for what Mike Alessi has accomplished so far........Lets just say I'm giving him a mulligan and time served for the "Killswitch Incident"
6/16/2012 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2012 5:59pm
Serious as heck man, I would never joke on Mike Alessi. That whole family is cool, he kicked butt. I always pull for the guy who people bash for no reason, the more dumb things people say the more it fires me up about him winning. Man all the crapfolks said about Tony was jus that crap from ignorant acesI met Tony at Mill Creek, ha dthe believe the hype shirt. I watched him for a while, he was calmly coaching his son, I was a bit scared from all the BS talk. But I caught him by the bleachers I was nervous as heck threw the shirt out asked him to sign it. Dude was cool! Signed it crazy mini Dad, then had Mike and Danielle sign it. He sat down with me by the snack bar at a table, I couldn't think of nothing to say rambled about something stupid, he was still nice as heck. It so wrong how these Online folks who never met him pile on for nothing, clueless. I've had folks pile on me for nothing it sucks, maybe I'm living through him because I will be just as happy as he is when he wins one, Alessi's are the real deal, Tonys exact words to me, we are a Moto family who just loves motocross. Dang right.

The Shop

6/16/2012 6:47pm

From that day I think he was on the 450 the 350 was down, anyway Tony liked the 450 better and was right.

I'll get a picture of the signed Hype shirt up soon, may be the only one in existence, I think Kevin Kelly or what's his name sent it to me.....lol. off topic just got back from the woods, me and SweetPea stirred up a yellow jacket nest, her whole butt was covered like she a had on yellow pants, I picked her up and ran off into the creek with my phone and wallet and got them off her, they tore me up though, maybe thats why I'm rambling lol kind of light headed.
julienmark
6/17/2012 1:08am
I would love see that picture of the signed "hype" tee shirt.

That is a real rare collectors item.
BobbyM
6/17/2012 4:31am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 4:32am
You held off the best in the world Team Decoster/Dungey for 7.5 mins and got on the podium, stay healthy and keep it up man, awesome...
You held off the best in the world Team Decoster/Dungey for 7.5 mins and got on the podium, stay healthy and keep it up man, awesome. Dude you rode awesome today man, give yourself credit, stick to your plan man.
"or else I will screw you up like I do to the other people on the web"
6/17/2012 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 6:31pm
LMAO you're jealous? If it will make you feel better I'm pretty sure Mike thought I was a stupid redneck, he was nice to me but I understand why he could think that, I'm a super genius redneck though. Tony was off the charts nice to me and even though it kills you I bet he would remember talking to me even though it's not the end of the world if he doesn't I am a fan because of what the Alessi's stand for and Mike determination is off the charts. The Alessi family has pulled me back into Moto, it's nice to have a rider I can cheer on like Mike. As far as all that other stuff Bobby, my early message board days were pretty rough I was a slow learner but even then I pretty much never drew first blood. It was kind of cool though after BL posted a picture of me on his site, everyone has left me alone even Huck. It's all good Brah love you man, I got my 25 in at work and will be traveling the country soon, hope to Hangout at the races with ya one day, I think it would be cool if you took me around and showed me how the insider life is, peace.
6/17/2012 1:16pm
julienmark wrote:

Thanks for the reply man! It's cool! Tony is the man! I got a Suzuki jersey signed from them also. I will post a pic as soon as NASCAR is over, lol ya I like NASCAR.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
6/17/2012 1:20pm
julienmark wrote:

Those Tee Shirts were every were in Millville 2004. I have two of them and both of them are shop rags, was not a fan of him and his dad at the time(they talked alot of shit about what they were gonna do to the pros and how it would be Mike to dethrone RC and not bubba,etc.....)and now I am, Mike has come a very long way.
6/17/2012 1:39pm
You need confidence in moto, should they have said we are here to lose? I was bad about that when I raced, I would count which riders were faster and try to figure out what my place would be, I should have walked around the pits saying I'm dethroning you guys! That's awesome!
6/17/2012 3:31pm

Cool huh? Tons of folks were down on Tony and he was laughing with them, Crazy Mini Dad! If he was the man some idiots portrayed him to be he wouldn't even have signed it, then joked about it. When Mike gets his win I hope Tony gets on the podium with him. We need to roll with this man, Tony bobble heads, Tony T Shirts, that rocks.
6/17/2012 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 5:23pm
Sorry about my big sig picture, didn't think it would work. Stupid iPad won't let me upload profile pic....I'll fix it at work. Naw I will remove it now.
6/17/2012 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 6:29pm
Ya man your awesome, sending a case of that energy poison your way! Stuff makes me crazy Brah.
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
6/17/2012 6:53pm
I am a fan of Mike Alessi but I was a little disapointed in the Bud Creeks race. I know Dungey is on another level but he should not have been beat by Tickle. Nothing against Tickle, I think it is great he is doing so well and damn he was on it, but Mike should be beating him. Towards the end of the second moto both Grant and Wimer were catching him. Yeah Mike could have been taking it easy but it looked like he was not as fluid as at the beginning of the race. Not sure what happened in the first moto either but he was slowing way down at the end of that one too.

Yes 3rd overall is no joke and it was nice to see him on the box. His consistency is there and hope to see him on the top box once this season. But that is a very tall order with how well Dungey is riding.
6/17/2012 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 8:01pm
Hard to say, I like his plan to stay healthy, podiums are great. No expert here but it seems as if he is slowly getting faster, everyone has an off day, I say don't worry about it and look ahead.. In the past he would be improving then get hurt and have to rehab and start all over. Dungey is consistent because he doesn't push his limits and rarely crashes, this also gives him time to develop as a rider and pick up that extra bit of speed, it's a good plan. I have no idea why Mike slowed down a little and you make some good points. Not a Grant fan at all, glad he didn't pass him!
Outsider
6/17/2012 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2012 8:07pm
Ya man your awesome, sending a case of that energy poison your way! Stuff makes me crazy Brah.
That is what makes you crazy?Wink
BobbyM
6/17/2012 10:03pm
LMAO you're jealous? If it will make you feel better I'm pretty sure Mike thought I was a stupid redneck, he was nice to me but...
LMAO you're jealous? If it will make you feel better I'm pretty sure Mike thought I was a stupid redneck, he was nice to me but I understand why he could think that, I'm a super genius redneck though. Tony was off the charts nice to me and even though it kills you I bet he would remember talking to me even though it's not the end of the world if he doesn't I am a fan because of what the Alessi's stand for and Mike determination is off the charts. The Alessi family has pulled me back into Moto, it's nice to have a rider I can cheer on like Mike. As far as all that other stuff Bobby, my early message board days were pretty rough I was a slow learner but even then I pretty much never drew first blood. It was kind of cool though after BL posted a picture of me on his site, everyone has left me alone even Huck. It's all good Brah love you man, I got my 25 in at work and will be traveling the country soon, hope to Hangout at the races with ya one day, I think it would be cool if you took me around and showed me how the insider life is, peace.
who has yer password? this aint the crashaholic that i know?Smile
rallendude
6/17/2012 10:26pm
Crash82 is back!!

Haha welcome.

On Mikee. I think he's become a bigger head case than Windham. I'm not trying to bash KW. He is my favorite rider but everyone knows how you never know which KW would show up. I think Mike has zero self confidence, which is exactly what you need at that level of this sport. My theory, and it's just a theory, is that his dad has always told him how terrible he is, as a motivational tool. As an amateur he went out and took it out on the competition, earning his own confidence level. Now, it's been so long since he's been at the very top he doesn't believe he can.

My evidence is, watch him in a race. When he gets the hole shot, which is often now that he's back on a 450, he looks good for a few laps. Focused, determined, and fast. Then, when someone gets a little close, he starts looking around, like he doesn't believe he can hold them off. Several times lately, he's made a big mistake or even looked like he pulled over and let the pressing rider by. How many times has he ever passed his way to the front of a moto since in the pros? Maybe his rookie year when he was on that Varner Honda 450.

I wonder if he could gain the confidence to believe he can go to the front against any competition from 5th or 7th place, if he wouldn't be dominant like RV, or Dungey, or Stewart has been? The guy's got skills, talent, and conditioning.

Oh well, maybe I'm way off?
6/18/2012 1:01am
I have never been an alessi fan...Although when he made his debut on a crf450 back in 04 it was amazing. Mcgrath was there too to retain his no 2 plate. The last few speeches he has made seem to indicate that he is changing his image with class and sincerity. Perhaps he has absorbed what cockiness and overconfidence and can do to a rider. Dungey is a fine example of a good sport.
IWreckALot
6/18/2012 4:45am
The broadcasters explained that Mike's suspension fades half way into the moto. The way Mike has been riding, I can see the bike starting to slow him down. He pulls a decent lead in the first few laps before Dungey catches him and the other guys catching him seem to be on more reputable teams. Not to knock on Motoconcepts. To have a bike that Mike can ride to a second place finish isn't any easy task. But I think they still have some R&D to put in before it's on par with the factories.

As for Tony's reputation, I don't think it helps the way Inside the Moto portrays him. Even the brotocross dude wrote that when Tony called him he was being pretty cool with him and talking to him about bike setup and everything.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
6/18/2012 4:49am
"The broadcasters explained that Mike's suspension fades half way into the moto. The way Mike has been riding, I can see the bike starting to slow him down. He pulls a decent lead in the first few laps before Dungey catches him and the other guys catching him seem to be on more reputable teams"

That's happened to Mike alot over the years, on any bike. Remember at Glen Helen in 2009? Villopoto caught him from 15 seconds down.
6/18/2012 6:09am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2012 6:44am
rallendude wrote:
Crash82 is back!! Haha welcome. On Mikee. I think he's become a bigger head case than Windham. I'm not trying to bash KW. He is my...
Crash82 is back!!

Haha welcome.

On Mikee. I think he's become a bigger head case than Windham. I'm not trying to bash KW. He is my favorite rider but everyone knows how you never know which KW would show up. I think Mike has zero self confidence, which is exactly what you need at that level of this sport. My theory, and it's just a theory, is that his dad has always told him how terrible he is, as a motivational tool. As an amateur he went out and took it out on the competition, earning his own confidence level. Now, it's been so long since he's been at the very top he doesn't believe he can.

My evidence is, watch him in a race. When he gets the hole shot, which is often now that he's back on a 450, he looks good for a few laps. Focused, determined, and fast. Then, when someone gets a little close, he starts looking around, like he doesn't believe he can hold them off. Several times lately, he's made a big mistake or even looked like he pulled over and let the pressing rider by. How many times has he ever passed his way to the front of a moto since in the pros? Maybe his rookie year when he was on that Varner Honda 450.

I wonder if he could gain the confidence to believe he can go to the front against any competition from 5th or 7th place, if he wouldn't be dominant like RV, or Dungey, or Stewart has been? The guy's got skills, talent, and conditioning.

Oh well, maybe I'm way off?
Hey Rallen, thanks for the welcome. There's more to it, to call him a head case is a bit harsh, if he stays healthy his confidence will grow as will his speed. He's been hurt a lot:

2009 Knee cap, then Grant took a cheap shot, ya maybe he shouldn't of been out there, but you can't knock his desire to Moto!

His season was cut short in San Diego during the sixth round of the 2008 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship. During the second practice session, Alessi crashed in the whoops section of the track resulting in a broken collarbone.

In September 2008, three months before the beginning of the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series, Alessi broke his fibula and tibia bones in the lower left leg during a Supercross practice session.

Did i miss any?I got some of those of Wiki. i failed on the embeding video lol.

Ya and he passed Dungey!

Post a reply to: Way to go Team Alessi

The Latest