Well here it is, the KTM SXF 450 Factory Edition 2016

Motofinne
2/9/2016 3:21pm
Does the #1 come off like the 250 FE? Ill have to get backgrounds before I go pick it up Smile
Motofinne wrote:
Yes it comes off like the number 13 on the FE 250! I think that its nice that they give the customer to have a different...
Yes it comes off like the number 13 on the FE 250! I think that its nice that they give the customer to have a different number.
It's good to hear it does come off! I was wondering why KTM would make you have to change backgrounds immediately but apparently we don't have...
It's good to hear it does come off! I was wondering why KTM would make you have to change backgrounds immediately but apparently we don't have to. Thanks for the pics. It's good to hear they are now in the states. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
1. Does it come with the map switch on the bars?
2. Hour meter?
3. Air pump for forks?
4. O-ring chain or just a standard chain that is gold?
5. Come with any other stuff?
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes
4.I haven't checked out what chains there are on the bike yet.
5.Akrapovic titanium silencer, front disc guard, orange frame, orange clamps, the red bull graphics, the awesome Selle Dalla Valle seatcover and DID rims.

And one more thing. I live in Finland so i have absolutely no idea when the FE bikes will be in US, but i would guess that the guys that ordered the FE models early should have the bikes pretty soon if not now!
Motofinne
2/9/2016 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2016 3:38pm
The number, as you can see the numbers on the FE bikes are removable!

The Shop

Motofinne
2/9/2016 3:40pm
can't you just get some new number plates?
I'm not sure but i think that there is no "legit" way to get the full Red Bull numberplates.
2/9/2016 3:42pm
Thanks Motofinne. I did see in another post that a guy in El Cajon, California has one so hopefully they hit New Mexico soon as I should be getting the first one the dealer receives. I'm psyched to ride it also! Sorry to hear your weather isn't going to allow you to ride as that has to be difficult waiting to ride that bad boy. Not to be a jerk but we have 60+ degrees F here in NM. :-)
Motoman35
2/9/2016 3:52pm
to be a jerk its 82 in Phoenix right now! Won't be too funny in a couple of months when it triple digits but right now beautiful
Redrcr34
2/9/2016 3:56pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yes it comes off like the number 13 on the FE 250! I think that its nice that they give the customer to have a different...
Yes it comes off like the number 13 on the FE 250! I think that its nice that they give the customer to have a different number.
It's good to hear it does come off! I was wondering why KTM would make you have to change backgrounds immediately but apparently we don't have...
It's good to hear it does come off! I was wondering why KTM would make you have to change backgrounds immediately but apparently we don't have to. Thanks for the pics. It's good to hear they are now in the states. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
2. Hour meter?
3. Air pump for forks?
Motofinne wrote:
1.Yes 2.Yes 3.Yes 4.I haven't checked out what chains there are on the bike yet. 5.Akrapovic titanium silencer, front disc guard, orange frame, orange clamps, the...
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes
5.Akrapovic titanium silencer, front disc guard, orange frame, orange clamps, the red bull graphics, the awesome Selle Dalla Valle seatcover and DID rims.

And one more thing. I live in Finland so i have absolutely no idea when the FE bikes will be in US, but i would guess that the guys that ordered the FE models early should have the bikes pretty soon if not now!
I ordered mine on Dec 10th and spoke to the dealer today. They don't have a shipment date as of now.
Motofinne
2/9/2016 4:00pm
That is weird since the FE bikes are basically US KTMs with some trick parts, mainly for the US market.
Motoman35
2/9/2016 4:05pm
2. Hour meter?
3. Air pump for forks?
Motofinne wrote:
1.Yes 2.Yes 3.Yes 4.I haven't checked out what chains there are on the bike yet. 5.Akrapovic titanium silencer, front disc guard, orange frame, orange clamps, the...
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes

Redrcr34 wrote:
I ordered mine on Dec 10th and spoke to the dealer today. They don't have a shipment date as of now.
my dealer in AZ say mine should be here in the next 7-10 days which is nice last year the east coast got theirs first when it was snowing ours showed up when it was over 100 degrees.
BAMX
2/9/2016 4:55pm
Nice....What's in the Ready to Race pouch?
Redrcr34
2/9/2016 5:55pm
Motofinne wrote:
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes

Redrcr34 wrote:
Motoman35 wrote:
my dealer in AZ say mine should be here in the next 7-10 days which is nice last year the east coast got theirs first when...
my dealer in AZ say mine should be here in the next 7-10 days which is nice last year the east coast got theirs first when it was snowing ours showed up when it was over 100 degrees.
Sounds good
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
2/9/2016 6:04pm
Nice bike for a gazillion $
2/19/2016 7:42am
Motofinne or any others that have their new 2016 450 FE:
Have you checked to see if there are any recalls yet? The site is http://www.ktm.com/us/service/safety/
You will need you VIN number
Any updates on what you think of the bike?
Have you done anything to it yet (i.e. suspension)?
Can you send a picture from the battery compartment and maybe give some dimensions of the battery that will fit in it? Maybe the battery part number?
Did your dealer replace the O-rings in the forks that cause issues when cold?
Motofinne
2/19/2016 9:39am
My dealer will replace the O-rings on Saturday and i will ride the bike for the first time next week because of shitty weather.
USMCMXer
2/19/2016 10:03am
Motofinne wrote:
I'm not sure but i think that there is no "legit" way to get the full Red Bull numberplates.
Motofinne, I read that as long as you can prove you are an FE owner, you can order the RB graphics through an authorized KTM dealer. Assuming you will need a VIN/Paperwork, but shouldn't be impossible,
mxb2
2/19/2016 10:07am
Motofinne wrote:
USMCMXer wrote:
Motofinne, I read that as long as you can prove you are an FE owner, you can order the RB graphics through an authorized KTM dealer...
Motofinne, I read that as long as you can prove you are an FE owner, you can order the RB graphics through an authorized KTM dealer. Assuming you will need a VIN/Paperwork, but shouldn't be impossible,
Correct on the graphics part.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
2/19/2016 12:38pm
FU - I'm so jealous! Congrats.. Now STFU
EcoSX478
2/19/2016 2:43pm
BAMX wrote:
Nice....What's in the Ready to Race pouch?
The manual, powerparts & powerwear catalog, a few spare parts and the tool kit (see below) enclosed in a little pouch.

Digger29
2/25/2016 9:41am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2016 9:42am
Here she is. This is from a few wks ago and I've done some more work to her since then :-)
Motofinne
2/25/2016 9:54am
Damn it Digger, that is one hell of a FE!

Btw, did you buy the full Akrapovic system? It seems like the Akrapovic muffler that comes with it only fits with the stock header?
Digger29
2/25/2016 10:22am
Thx :-) I called a buddy at factory KTM about the head pipe for the slip on and he gave me the bad news about the Akro header only working with the full system but I had another buddy with a brand new system for a 16 450SXF and he gave me the friends and family deal on it :-)
B-EVANS
2/25/2016 10:45am
Digger29 wrote:
Here she is. This is from a few wks ago and I've done some more work to her since then :-) [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Diggermx29/media/20160220_144443-1_zps9enisgnr.jpeg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Diggermx29/20160220_144443-1_zps9enisgnr.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
Here she is. This is from a few wks ago and I've done some more work to her since then :-)
Where did you get the blue frame tape? Looks good
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
2/25/2016 10:52am
Nihilo has blue frame grip tape.

Digger, did you do much testing with the airforks vs CV's?

Post a reply to: Well here it is, the KTM SXF 450 Factory Edition 2016

The Latest