Will we see Dungey on a 2 stroke?

8/26/2012 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 12:21am
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since he already has the title wrapped up.

I think it would be very interesting to see how he would do compared to his usual domination on the 450.

What do you guys think?
|
Gbizzle
8/26/2012 2:35pm
I brought that up a few months ago...

I don't see it happening
GarrettL
8/26/2012 2:36pm
No chance, never happen....why do people ask these kind of questions?
mxb2
8/26/2012 2:37pm
LaughingLaughingLaughing I think he gets paid by ktm for wins also, why risk it. He would still be super fast though but i think alessi, rattray, weimer would beat him.
ATKpilot99
8/26/2012 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 2:41pm
No. I'm pretty sure the 2012 250 SX isn't even homologated. And even if it was it wouldn't happen. I like 2 strokes too, but it's over people.

The Shop

chrisbuehler
8/26/2012 2:42pm
GarrettL wrote:
X2. Not a freaking chance in hell. Why doesn't the entire field ride them since Dungey has the title wrapped up and these races "don't matter."
Ewan
8/26/2012 3:07pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
No. I'm pretty sure the 2012 250 SX isn't even homologated. And even if it was it wouldn't happen. I like 2 strokes too, but it's...
No. I'm pretty sure the 2012 250 SX isn't even homologated. And even if it was it wouldn't happen. I like 2 strokes too, but it's over people.
Cairoli was to have ridden an SX250 last year but skipped the last GP when his mother passed away, Roczen did ride the 125 though. Don't you guys think they were on win bonuses from KTM too?

I'd get a kick seeing Dungey race a smoker but as you say, homologtion rules stateside obvously stand in the way.

Guess there are different factors involved, there are high profile 2 stroke championships in europe and sales of new smokers seem to be on the rise again for clubmen over here, so i guess it was fun for Stefan and Pit to send those two out last year on 2 strokes at the final round whilst having a unique oppurtunity to market their 2 strokes.

As aside to homologation issues, doesn't seem much incentive in the states for DeCoster to follow suit?
mxb2
8/26/2012 3:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
No. I'm pretty sure the 2012 250 SX isn't even homologated. And even if it was it wouldn't happen. I like 2 strokes too, but it's...
Ewan wrote:
Cairoli was to have ridden an SX250 last year but skipped the last GP when his mother passed away, Roczen did ride the 125 though. Don't...
Cairoli was to have ridden an SX250 last year but skipped the last GP when his mother passed away, Roczen did ride the 125 though. Don't you guys think they were on win bonuses from KTM too?

I'd get a kick seeing Dungey race a smoker but as you say, homologtion rules stateside obvously stand in the way.

Guess there are different factors involved, there are high profile 2 stroke championships in europe and sales of new smokers seem to be on the rise again for clubmen over here, so i guess it was fun for Stefan and Pit to send those two out last year on 2 strokes at the final round whilst having a unique oppurtunity to market their 2 strokes.

As aside to homologation issues, doesn't seem much incentive in the states for DeCoster to follow suit?
Willard rode high point on a ktm 250sx. I do not not think he qualified?
Switch
8/26/2012 3:12pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ewan wrote:
Cairoli was to have ridden an SX250 last year but skipped the last GP when his mother passed away, Roczen did ride the 125 though. Don't...

mxb2 wrote:
Doesn't mean it was legal, just means nobody said anything. Small difference between Willard and Dungey.
chrisbuehler
8/26/2012 3:12pm
Make no mistake, I would love to see it and I think RD would do better than most people think. He just seems to serious a racer to throw a couple wins away. Especially moving up the all-time wins list, like he is
ATKpilot99
8/26/2012 3:15pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ewan wrote:

You are correct there is no incentive here. It's one of the things I like better about the GPs. No homologation rules and it makes one off race deals like this more likely. mxb2 I think Willard did try to qualify a 2012 250 SX . Not sure how he got the bike in the program with the homolgation rules but I did see pics of him on a 250 SX with linkage which would be a 12 or 13 model.
zippy895
8/26/2012 3:15pm
drugs......not a good thing to mix them w/ forums
ocscottie
8/26/2012 3:17pm
zippy895 wrote:
drugs......not a good thing to mix them w/ forums
HAR! drugs - common sense = ........ Laughing
CR250Rider
8/26/2012 3:25pm
does he even know how to ride a 2 stroke? he's probably too young

Reedy or James would need to show him how Tongue
Ewan
8/26/2012 3:33pm
there was footage of him riding an SX 125 at a dealer day floating about earlier this year

he would be fine on the 250
mxb2
8/26/2012 3:35pm
Ewan wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Switch wrote:
Doesn't mean it was legal, just means nobody said anything. Small difference between Willard and Dungey.
Trust me, if willard was a top 10 rider i am pretty sure it would have been an issue LOL!, and it was a 12 model i was at the pits parked by him.
ocscottie
8/26/2012 3:36pm
...and back on the topic of Dunge riding one....no.
8/26/2012 3:39pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ewan wrote:

I read somewhere that the 2011 250 sx is homologated, so i would figure KTM had the 2012 one homologated also?
mxb2
8/26/2012 3:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
...and back on the topic of Dunge riding one....no.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
TerryB
8/26/2012 3:59pm
CR250Rider wrote:
does he even know how to ride a 2 stroke? he's probably too young

Reedy or James would need to show him how Tongue
I owned his RM125 that he won LL Stock class on. I already tried to buy it back from the kid I sold it to, but he completely destroyed it. Sad, and I was stupid for ever letting it out of my garage.
8/26/2012 4:05pm
To be holomogated an application for holomogation has to be filed along with the application fee, not just sell 400 bikes. KTM could sell 10,000 250SXs but if they dont submit the application it doesnt get homologated. If Willard rode one it was holologated, you dont get an AMA tech sticker for a non-homologated bike.

I'd like to see Dungey ride one, but it will never happen.
stillwelding
8/26/2012 4:08pm
GarrettL wrote:
Thats what I was wondering. Do people think that Ryan (or any top guy) could just swing a leg over a completely different machine, and be competitive? And how would this benefit KTM? If he got beat, which he almost certainly would, people would say the bikes no good, or he's no good. Could you please lay out your thinking on why Ryan on a 250 2stroke would be a good idea for the last two rounds?
burnside
8/26/2012 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 4:25pm
Thats what I was wondering. Do people think that Ryan (or any top guy) could just swing a leg over a completely different machine, and be...
Thats what I was wondering. Do people think that Ryan (or any top guy) could just swing a leg over a completely different machine, and be competitive? And how would this benefit KTM? If he got beat, which he almost certainly would, people would say the bikes no good, or he's no good. Could you please lay out your thinking on why Ryan on a 250 2stroke would be a good idea for the last two rounds?
Why did Roczen do it last year? I expect for FUN, because he had nothing to lose, the pressure was off, title in the bag and the fans love it. No one expected him to win on it and he didn't need to... Damn shame AC never got to run his. At this rate he may get a second chance this year though.

Think you'd need a sense of humour to race a 2-stroke at that level... probably why this is such a wild proposition for Dunge! Esp if even the fans don't get it.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
8/26/2012 4:24pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since...
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since he already has the title wrapped up.

I think it would be very interesting to see how he would do compared to his usual domination on the 450.

What do you guys think?
Haven't read other responses, but not a chance in hell, not even if KTM had taken the steps to get it approved for AMA Racing. The OEM's are over this issue as far as pro racing.
TeamGreen
8/26/2012 4:26pm
Will he, Won't he?

Sad thing is...

It would REALLY give him some HUGE "Fan-Base-Street-Cred" and it would just be a damn fun thing to do. Unbelievably fun...

Could yo see him on the Podium with a Shit-Eating grin jus' putting it out there..."You know, I can't remember the last time I tried THAT hard and had THAT MUCH Fun! Braaaaaap, Braaaaaaaaaaap! Man, can we have a coupl'a 2-Stroke ONLY Races? That was just CRAZY fun!"

The thing is: Changing ANYTHING in the "Program" is a HUGE Gamble...SUPER HUGE.

Roger ain't a Gambler.

I've seen the Roger-Mtich-Johnny Campbell-type MGMT style..."RACE to WIN. PERIOD."

And to those that would give this Thread-Starter a ration of shit for throwing this out there? You guys are a bunch of old farts.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Ewan
8/26/2012 4:34pm
Team Green - you've just posted the best reply in this thread.

You fucking get it my friend!!!
ATKpilot99
8/26/2012 4:36pm
burnside wrote:
Legend!

Ha ha he whipped the shit out of that thing...awesome.
Chillllmatic
8/26/2012 4:44pm
Rogers not about being "fun" or "interesting"
BobbyM
8/26/2012 4:48pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since...

What do you guys think?
Why? What purpose would it serve....I mean other than to please the vitards.

Post a reply to: Will we see Dungey on a 2 stroke?

The Latest