YO BITCH...Better call Saul!

Old-Man
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2015 5:33pm
Hope this series is half as good as Breaking Bad, Same writers, same directors don't see why it shouldn't.

Starts tonight.
|
gt80rider
2/8/2015 4:54pm
Should be fun to watch, not moto, but cant wait...
borg
2/8/2015 8:13pm
I'll give it a pass. It needs to get better though.
Old-Man
2/8/2015 8:15pm
ingenious the way their writing this.
I'm guessing this is Jimmy Mcgill (Saul) before he met Walt and Jesse. The way they opened the scene with him working at a donut shop in his after Walt and Jesse meth happenings. He pops in the VCR tape and starts remembering how things started for him.

Old-Man
2/8/2015 8:37pm
Ya Breaking Bad is one of the best shows I have watched...Hell i'm watching the reruns on Monday nights again. Picking up things I missed the first time

The Shop

scooter5002
2/9/2015 7:34am
Watched until Jimmy was talking to Chuck about his law firm last night, and I walked. Way too slow, it's going to have to get a LOT better, before I'll spend time watching it.
peelout
2/9/2015 8:39am
i feel like i am the only one ever that hasn't watched Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul seems like it will be a good one.
2/9/2015 8:49am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 8:50am
peelout wrote:
i feel like i am the only one ever that hasn't watched Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul seems like it will be a good one.
Definitely one of the best things (Breaking Bad) Iv'e ever seen. My sister bought me the box set of series one for Christmas and I basically ended up watching the whole thing in something like two nights. On to series 3 at the moment.
Old-Man
2/9/2015 9:35am
peelout wrote:
You would like it...I didn't watch it when it was first aired but happen to catch a marathon of it. I was hooked.

This Saul Show has the same ability has to start somewhere. It's pretty much taking place before the whole Meth happenings. When Saul was just starting out.
Hut
2/9/2015 9:44am
peelout wrote:
I tried watching Breaking Bad on netflix. I made it into the second season and kept waiting for a time when it made me happy that never happened so I quit watching it. It was just too damn depressing for me. Blink
vet323
2/9/2015 9:50am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 9:55am
I got that familiar Breaking Bad feeling when Tuco poked his head out the door at the end.

It looks like this show will be as good as Breaking Bad at teasing the next episode.
Old-Man
2/9/2015 9:50am
Watched until Jimmy was talking to Chuck about his law firm last night, and I walked. Way too slow, it's going to have to get a...
Watched until Jimmy was talking to Chuck about his law firm last night, and I walked. Way too slow, it's going to have to get a LOT better, before I'll spend time watching it.
It'll get going....
"One of the least well-kept secrets about Better Call Saul is that its opening moments take place post-Breaking Bad, in a world where lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) has fallen from grace and had to change his identity to go into hiding.

This opening sequence charts a typical day for the new Saul, who works at a Cinnabon. The sequence is in black and white, perhaps as a wink and a nudge to Odenkirk's work in the film Nebraska, which was also devoid of color. But then, at the very end, there's a brief flash of color, as Saul watches old ads of his Albuquerque days. That color is only reflected in his glasses, however. The allure of the bad old past is always there, always tempting."

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/9/8003829/better-call-saul-premiere-recap-uno
Old-Man
2/9/2015 9:53am
peelout wrote:
Hut wrote:
I tried watching Breaking Bad on netflix. I made it into the second season and kept waiting for a time when it made me happy that...
I tried watching Breaking Bad on netflix. I made it into the second season and kept waiting for a time when it made me happy that never happened so I quit watching it. It was just too damn depressing for me. Blink
Thats Ironic cause everybody at work was talking about it (When it was first aired) But I couldn't bring myself to watch it because I didn't want anything to do with drugs being seen in my house..(10 year old Daughter in the home)

Then it had that Marathon and it went a different way than I thought i was.
Surprised me, very good show.
peelout
2/9/2015 10:12am
peelout wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
You would like it...I didn't watch it when it was first aired but happen to catch a marathon of it. I was hooked. This Saul Show...
You would like it...I didn't watch it when it was first aired but happen to catch a marathon of it. I was hooked.

This Saul Show has the same ability has to start somewhere. It's pretty much taking place before the whole Meth happenings. When Saul was just starting out.
i'll have to give it a shot. i am 2 episodes behind on Americans, 3 on Justified, Walking Dead, 4 on Archer, and 12 Monkeys.

i just haven't had time to watch TV lately, been busy and been reading the Song of Ice and Fire, i'm on Dance with Dragons right now... but when i'm all caught up i'll give BB a watch.
2/9/2015 10:26am
Hut wrote:
I tried watching Breaking Bad on netflix. I made it into the second season and kept waiting for a time when it made me happy that...
Same here, deep into s2 it just became boring... Same shit seemed to be happening over and over after a while. Made money, lost money, made money, lost money,.... I loved it at first then it just became repetitive.
CR250Rider
2/9/2015 11:34am
Season 5 of BB (the last season) was amazing. They tied up all the loose ends perfectly.

Best tv show of all time
S.Loyer
2/9/2015 1:31pm
I thought BB was highly over rated.
I loved it for the first 3 seasons but it was so repetitive but im like that with a lot of shows like Sons of Anarchy went the same way for me.

Better Call Saul looks like a watcher though, just as those guys were.
Old-Man
2/9/2015 1:59pm
Walking Dead jump the shark two seasons ago for me
peelout
2/9/2015 3:46pm
S.Loyer wrote:
I thought BB was highly over rated. I loved it for the first 3 seasons but it was so repetitive but im like that with a...
I thought BB was highly over rated.
I loved it for the first 3 seasons but it was so repetitive but im like that with a lot of shows like Sons of Anarchy went the same way for me.

Better Call Saul looks like a watcher though, just as those guys were.
i liked the first couple seasons of Sons of Anarchy as well, but i grew out of it when they went full-gangster.

Fargo was an awesome show that had me hooked from the first episode to the finale. looking forward to BCS
ns503
2/9/2015 6:13pm
Old-Man wrote:
Walking Dead jump the shark two seasons ago for me
Uh yeah, I think I'm there too now, after the last 2 episodes. Especially the last one...
2/9/2015 6:27pm
I liked the first episode! Was anyone else search for familiar faces throughout the show?
Oh, and those of you who use the internet to watch your shows, AMC has the first episode on their website for a limited time. It is free and you don't have to be a member.
Old-Man
2/9/2015 7:01pm
I liked the first episode! Was anyone else search for familiar faces throughout the show? Oh, and those of you who use the internet to watch...
I liked the first episode! Was anyone else search for familiar faces throughout the show?
Oh, and those of you who use the internet to watch your shows, AMC has the first episode on their website for a limited time. It is free and you don't have to be a member.
Ironic...just the way a Drug dealer would have it..
MX45
2/9/2015 11:55pm
I caught the final ep of Breaking Bad tonight and rolled right into ep 1 & 2 of Better Call Saul.
Seen the full BB series many times, but the final ep is such a great way to end the series. My favorites series followed by GoT.

But Better Call Saul is looking to be a good one. They jumped right in with some BB characters and references.
Not a spoiler, but when they were in the desert Tuco told his skinny homie "Stop. Helping." I lol'ed.

I was wondering the timeline relating to BB.
BB takes place from 2009-2011 starting on Walt's 50th Bday and ending on his 52nd. (which surprised me, I didn't realize the story time line was only 2 years).
In ep 2 of BCS, he reads off his credit card a 2004 exp date. So BCS takes place sometime during or before 2004.

Anyway, I'm glad there's a new AMC series I can get into. Really dig Hell on Wheels also, but never got into Mad Men or another one that is slipping my mind...And Walking Dead went downhill after Shane shot the fat guy.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
2/10/2015 3:21am
BCS is pretty good so far. Should only get better I expect.
Spydee
2/10/2015 5:19am
I watched BB when it was all done and dusted, so luckily I didn't have to wait a week for the next episode or a year for the next series.

not sure if I should do the same with BCS, because some BB episodes I have no idea how some people could have waited a week to see what happened next!

But then on the other hand if BCS is anywhere near as good as BB then I think it'll be almost impossible to avoid any spoilers until the end of the season... hmmm decisions...
sende
Fantasy
4455th
2/10/2015 6:44am
I watched the first episode yesterday. It was ok. Hard to say if Saul is main character material, but we'll see.
Glad to see Mike again, who was my favourite character in BB.
G-man
2/10/2015 9:33am
peelout wrote:
You're not alone, I haven't watched it either as I've heard the same things that it's really dark, with no humor.
My g/f tends to like comedies, so I might havta try again.

We just now started watching House of Cards on Netflix.
We are in Season 1 episode 6. Wow that is a great show.
I have this thing for Kate Mara ever since I first saw her in Transiberia. I liked that movie and did not realize she is the daughter of the owner of the NFL Giants!

Also finally starting to get dialed into Netflix.
I'm always behind the Techno curve.... Smile
peelout
2/10/2015 10:19am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 1:18pm
MX45 wrote:
I caught the final ep of Breaking Bad tonight and rolled right into ep 1 & 2 of Better Call Saul. Seen the full BB series...
I caught the final ep of Breaking Bad tonight and rolled right into ep 1 & 2 of Better Call Saul.
Seen the full BB series many times, but the final ep is such a great way to end the series. My favorites series followed by GoT.

But Better Call Saul is looking to be a good one. They jumped right in with some BB characters and references.
Not a spoiler, but when they were in the desert Tuco told his skinny homie "Stop. Helping." I lol'ed.

I was wondering the timeline relating to BB.
BB takes place from 2009-2011 starting on Walt's 50th Bday and ending on his 52nd. (which surprised me, I didn't realize the story time line was only 2 years).
In ep 2 of BCS, he reads off his credit card a 2004 exp date. So BCS takes place sometime during or before 2004.

Anyway, I'm glad there's a new AMC series I can get into. Really dig Hell on Wheels also, but never got into Mad Men or another one that is slipping my mind...And Walking Dead went downhill after Shane shot the fat guy.
GoT jumped into Hollywood-ish territory for me and i backed out of watching it after the 3rd season. i am reading the Song of Ice and Fire series though, so i'm sure that had a lot to do with it. the books are MUCH better than the television series. the first season of Game of Thrones was spot on connected to the books, but the rest of the show is catered to the wow factor and not following along the books.

still cool to hear you are into it though, it's a hell of a story. (ps... Cersei is a CUNT)

Hell on Wheels is another favorite, pretty wild right now with the end of the last season, next season should be interesting being based in Utah.
Spydee
2/10/2015 11:46am
Peelout, I stopped watching GoT half way through the 3rd season myself, I just found myself becoming less interested in it as it went along. BB is on another level though, well worth a watch considering I avoided it at first due to the popularity.
Xracerdone
2/10/2015 5:45pm
I don't see how so many can like BB but not BCS? 2nd episode was great, I laughed several times.

Post a reply to: YO BITCH...Better call Saul!

The Latest