Yamaha/FMF exhaust spy photos

motomike137
10/16/2012 3:42am
Vital MX... where the Earth is still flat and the moon is made of green cheese!Laughing
jleews6
10/16/2012 5:49am
tbanks wrote:
A little off topic but I'm digging that One Industries Color combo Cool
GuyB wrote:
I was joking with a couple of the younger members of the JGR crew about the oddity of Petty blue being used on a JGR rider...
I was joking with a couple of the younger members of the JGR crew about the oddity of Petty blue being used on a JGR rider, but I'm not sure they got it. Smile
What's a Petty?Laughing
newmann
10/16/2012 5:55am
Vital MX... where the Earth is still flat and the moon is made of green cheese!Laughing
And where 250 pound motocross bikes "feel" light.
pete24
10/16/2012 6:36am
newmann wrote:
i thought 250 was awesome when i got off the cannondale!

The Shop

10/16/2012 6:53am
shanhard wrote:
Crush it might help if you read the picture captions next time LOL
GuyB wrote:
Ya think? Wink
THAT would be waaaaay to easy
watson
10/16/2012 7:30am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2012 7:31am
watson wrote:
Bubba come back!
GuyB wrote:
He'll be back...but on a Yoshimura Suzuki.
What I should have said is "Bubba come back, to us folks at Yamaha, our exhaust pipe is not directly behind the shock anymore" Tongue
reded
10/16/2012 8:03am

dafuck?

Is it possible to keep anything simple nowadays?

The manufacturers should try to overthink this shit a little more.
enginedr
10/16/2012 8:10am
the longer wrap around is giving it header length that it needs for more bottom end , longer header pipes = more bottom end looks cool lild
motomike137
10/16/2012 8:18am
newmann wrote:
Lol... newmann I am lucky enough to own both and it sure is evident when I have to put my thumper on the stand!
motomike137
10/16/2012 8:21am
enginedr wrote:
the longer wrap around is giving it header length that it needs for more bottom end , longer header pipes = more bottom end looks cool...
the longer wrap around is giving it header length that it needs for more bottom end , longer header pipes = more bottom end looks cool lild
cmon man!... don't be talking that fancy engineering lingo here... the natives don't like itCool
10/16/2012 8:25am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2012 8:46am
reded wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2012/10/15/full_IMG_2978_203678.jpg?1350335071[/img] dafuck? Is it possible to keep anything simple nowadays? The manufacturers should try to overthink this shit a little more.

dafuck?

Is it possible to keep anything simple nowadays?

The manufacturers should try to overthink this shit a little more.
never mind.
joltonjay
10/16/2012 8:27am
GuyB wrote:
I think there was a little bit of this via Instagram last week, but here's a better look.

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/Spy-Photos-New-Yamaha-Exhaust,3310
Was there yesterday watching for a bit and I have to say those JGR bikes sound awesome. GuyB must of forgot to post his other spy photos of the 2nd JGR rider.Wink
IceMan446
10/16/2012 8:40am
newmann wrote:
[i] It's apparently a new design from Yamaha [/i] They are coming to grips that it was a flawed design? Wrapping it all the way around...
It's apparently a new design from Yamaha

They are coming to grips that it was a flawed design? Wrapping it all the way around the watercooled cylinder is going to help? Get back to me when it hit 196 lbs. wet/no fuel and the exhaust tucks in properly.Tongue

Man you and this damn two stroke pipe dream.

You know they wont ever do what YOU want so why even waste your breath? We know your stance and how you feel. Been said a thousand times.
newmann
10/16/2012 9:03am
IceMan446 wrote:
Man you and this damn two stroke pipe dream. You know they wont ever do what YOU want so why even waste your breath? We know...
Man you and this damn two stroke pipe dream.

You know they wont ever do what YOU want so why even waste your breath? We know your stance and how you feel. Been said a thousand times.
Someone shit in your cereal this morning? Guess those weren't coco puffs after all.Smile
motomike137
10/16/2012 9:18am
god this sh-t gets old... sometimes I really wonder how most of you guys have any fun every one of these threads is a ticking time bomb just waiting for someone to come in and dump all over it

lighten the f-ck up Vitards!
newmann
10/16/2012 9:22am
god this sh-t gets old... sometimes I really wonder how most of you guys have any fun every one of these threads is a ticking time...
god this sh-t gets old... sometimes I really wonder how most of you guys have any fun every one of these threads is a ticking time bomb just waiting for someone to come in and dump all over it

Bullshit, we're curing cancer here.
Lightning78
10/16/2012 9:35am
I still think they are going to have heat issues ....now wrapped around the cylinder and still close to the shock at first, it is a very cool design that I was wondering why they haven't tried yet. It might put just enough bite on the front end to eliminate the "wiggle" and make the home handle a little more normal....my guess? This is something that will be incorporated into the design of the NEW bike yamaha is planning for an release for the bike at the start of the outdoors...... I can't wait to see an updated version of this bike FINALLY. Yamaha is so slow when it comes to new bikes. I just read that the 99-13 yz250's are basically the same bike geometry and engine wise ...... There have been a few important changes in suspension but riding a 99 w current suspension you could pull it off and the bike would perform the same
motomike137
10/16/2012 9:57am
god this sh-t gets old... sometimes I really wonder how most of you guys have any fun every one of these threads is a ticking time...

newmann wrote:
lolTongue
motomike137
10/16/2012 10:02am
I still think they are going to have heat issues ....now wrapped around the cylinder and still close to the shock at first, it is a...
I still think they are going to have heat issues ....now wrapped around the cylinder and still close to the shock at first, it is a very cool design that I was wondering why they haven't tried yet. It might put just enough bite on the front end to eliminate the "wiggle" and make the home handle a little more normal....my guess? This is something that will be incorporated into the design of the NEW bike yamaha is planning for an release for the bike at the start of the outdoors...... I can't wait to see an updated version of this bike FINALLY. Yamaha is so slow when it comes to new bikes. I just read that the 99-13 yz250's are basically the same bike geometry and engine wise ...... There have been a few important changes in suspension but riding a 99 w current suspension you could pull it off and the bike would perform the same
I agree that the potential for heat problems is staring us right in the face but it is a cool idea imho. If they can get a tuned length that really improves rideability and fight off the heat potential I think it is a two birds with one stone concept... better power with better weight placement (in theory Whistling ).
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
10/16/2012 10:06am
I have a bunch of negative things to say about the Yamaha design but I'll refrain.

I'll just say this. If they run that this year, I'm buying JB10's mechanic a beer at the next race I go to cuz that thing must be a pain in the rear to install.
jeffro503
10/16/2012 8:04pm
I owned a 2010 YZF450 and actually loved the bike. Wish i would of kept her to be honest. I thought the bike handled great , felt light in the air and had the best damn stock suspension of any bike I had ever ridden. I've ridden bike with $1500.00 worth of shit done to the suspension that didn't feel that good. Sure.....there are some e"Extremely fast dudes" that said they didn't get along with it........but 99% of the people on this board.....if you rode one....you would probably like it a lot.

Look at it this way......Stewart wrecked his brains out on one all the time. The Suzuki is supposed to be the best handling bike out there......and look at what he's doing to himself on that. I have a feeling the Suzuki is going to be getting a bad wrap by the end of this next season........guess it's all in "what you see"........and not "What you know".
NathanKershaw
11/11/2012 8:14am
I wonder if they ever considered running the header pipe in front of the down tube to give more head pipe volume.
Put another resonance chamber in front of the kick start, then put some fancy MotoGp style silencer where the loop used to be behind the shock and maybe another super small one in the conventional place if needed.

Bikes are all so perfect now. I think it's awesome that one comes out that seems to be flawed, although at my speed I'm quite sure it would be amazing, and the the engineers have to think creatively to solve the problems.

I remember back to the early 90's when off the showroom floor I found my 250's rabidly un rideable, so then i had to personalize (slow it down) to make it fit me.
11/11/2012 8:23am
The length of the head pipe reminds me of this one. I dont remember this one catching on for long.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tblazier/6853494433/in/set-72157630777298040/
Thanks TBlazier.
Obviously it did catch on because look at the length of the Honda header these days, it wraps right around the front of the frame. If anything the Honda header pipes are longer now than they were in that picture you posted!
exsarg
11/11/2012 11:27am

newmann wrote:
ktm should put you on their payroll. cause of your latest project my next scoot will be a 150.
11/11/2012 12:58pm
Obviously it did catch on because look at the length of the Honda header these days, it wraps right around the front of the frame. If...
Obviously it did catch on because look at the length of the Honda header these days, it wraps right around the front of the frame. If anything the Honda header pipes are longer now than they were in that picture you posted!
True, I never thought of it that way. Blush

Post a reply to: Yamaha/FMF exhaust spy photos

The Latest