Global warming?

G-man
Edited Date/Time 12/19/2017 11:20am
Is it real?
Well we just set a record in Arizona, Phoenix to be exact 82 degrees Saturday. It's freaking December!
I thought summer was over months ago.
And this after a record November Heatwave.
Not sure if I should be glad or mad it's a fine line..... ha

There's a Supermoon tonight so we decided to get a preview yesterday.

Much to our surprise the holiday boats are out and doing laps rocking some tunes pretty cool.

I wonder if Bad Santa will show up?
Not sure if you guys know but that mall was in Scottsdale-love that movie!

https://youtu.be/xQvaoRScND4

Full moon rising around the mountain

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
12/3/2017 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2017 10:18pm
Global warming is very real, but it's not going to stop. If humans want to quit making an impact on the planet we all gotta die.

BTW that bike looks like a metric shit ton of fun
kongols
12/3/2017 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2017 11:23pm
That is not real indication of global warming, but yeah, good for you.
I was shoveling snow for a first time this year.
Mr. G
12/4/2017 2:00am
Global warming is like dietary cancer cures, there are seemingly credible people in both camps. I do know that this planet used to be a fireball and it used to be an ice cube. So yea it does seem to change a bit. Human cause? Talk to China and India. Otherwise it is so much cloaked production kill. The UN long ago admitted that the climate change "stand" was a covert way to kill capitalism but all that aside it's going to change no matter what and a cleaner planet that doesn't come about by a sweeping crush of production that comes by a clouded view is a good thing.
12/4/2017 2:38am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 2:40am
Is it warming, yes. Is it warming at its fastest rate, yes. Is it down to human activity, harder to prove a direct cause and effect.
Personally I think it's doesn't take a genius to conclude the amount of pollution kicked out globally every day has to be doing something.

When people talk about saving the planet it's not the planet that will be saved, it's the human population, the earth will continue long after we destroy ourselves.

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/4/2017 3:38am
Any of you guys see the article about the super volcano under Antarctica? They said it’s very similar to Yellowstone, and could explain why the ice caps are melting so fast.....

Not the original article I read, but pretty close. It’s from the liberal Guardian, so they didn’t directly make the correlation that volcanic activity could be causing the melt now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scie…
peelout
12/4/2017 8:50am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 3:03pm
60 on Saturday, today 4 inches of snow and 26 degrees in Ogden.

don't Al Gore me, bro

we were in Moab this weekend checking out fuckin' dinosaur tracks. dinosaur tracks bro. this earth has gone through some wicked changes, don't tell me it's because Meg uses aresol hairspray driving her Raptor up the road at 65
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/4/2017 9:33am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 9:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ozone hole is shrinking...
Ozone is a very specific part of the atmosphere which doesnt disprove human involvement in an increased greenhouse effect. That being said, winter hits on Wednesday with a daytime temp drop of almost 30 degrees in 3 day, sometimes weather does shit.
akillerwombat
12/4/2017 10:13am
Same goes for cigarets.

You expect me to sit here and believe that flooding a my lungs with toxic chemicals at a higher rate than I'm evolved to dispose of properly is going to have a negative effect on my health?! That's some grade-A bullshit right there.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/4/2017 10:16am
Is it warming, yes. Is it warming at its fastest rate, yes. Is it down to human activity, harder to prove a direct cause and effect...
Is it warming, yes. Is it warming at its fastest rate, yes. Is it down to human activity, harder to prove a direct cause and effect.
Personally I think it's doesn't take a genius to conclude the amount of pollution kicked out globally every day has to be doing something.

When people talk about saving the planet it's not the planet that will be saved, it's the human population, the earth will continue long after we destroy ourselves.
this is about where i am on the issue,

I think we are having some effect, but the earth has always changed as well,

I have always marveled at the scam that is the carbon trading scheme tho, they take a colourless and odourless gas that they never collect and sell it by the tonne,
Foghorn
12/4/2017 11:35am
Same goes for cigarets. You expect me to sit here and believe that flooding a my lungs with toxic chemicals at a higher rate than I'm...
Same goes for cigarets.

You expect me to sit here and believe that flooding a my lungs with toxic chemicals at a higher rate than I'm evolved to dispose of properly is going to have a negative effect on my health?! That's some grade-A bullshit right there.
I used to smoke 4 packs a day until I lost one lung. Now I've cut my smoking in half.
Rhino
12/4/2017 12:18pm
Pretty normal here. This summer was MUCH cooler than say a decade ago and even 5 years ago.
Last winter was the coldest and wettest on record. Mother nature does what she wants.
Squirtlege
12/4/2017 12:29pm
On the boat with a buncha babes in bikini's yesterday, skurfin and such... River was nice, didn't even need a wetsuit top. These Florida winters are no joke! Me likey! Woohoo
Hudweiser9
12/4/2017 12:32pm
G-man wrote:
Is it real? Well we just set a record in Arizona, Phoenix to be exact 82 degrees Saturday. It's freaking December! I thought summer was over...
Is it real?
Well we just set a record in Arizona, Phoenix to be exact 82 degrees Saturday. It's freaking December!
I thought summer was over months ago.
And this after a record November Heatwave.
Not sure if I should be glad or mad it's a fine line..... ha

There's a Supermoon tonight so we decided to get a preview yesterday.

Much to our surprise the holiday boats are out and doing laps rocking some tunes pretty cool.

I wonder if Bad Santa will show up?
Not sure if you guys know but that mall was in Scottsdale-love that movie!

https://youtu.be/xQvaoRScND4

Full moon rising around the mountain

Same here in Florida.... it has been in the high 70's, low 80's for a couple of weeks now. It's been 80+ degrees on Christmas day for the last few years.
Hut
12/4/2017 12:45pm

12/4/2017 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 12:56pm
Same goes for cigarets. You expect me to sit here and believe that flooding a my lungs with toxic chemicals at a higher rate than I'm...
Same goes for cigarets.

Inhale a proportionate amount of cigarette smoke to what the pollution is added each day to our entire atmosphere. So it would be equivalent to a quarter of a molecule of smoke maybe even smaller??? Not sure how to calculate that proportion. But we ain’t swimming in smoke here on earth. So....You’re still gonna live to be 100. life expectancy isn’t gonna change. Thus humans ain’t changing the life expectancy of Mother Earth.
12/4/2017 12:58pm
The climate changed last winter here in southern California. The drought ended and we got a lot of rain.
Must be because Oprah and all you people that live in developments turn your water off while your brushing your teeth. Otherwise there still be a drought going on....
Hut
12/4/2017 1:05pm
You must be very young if you don't remember how shitty the air quality was before regulations took hold. Acid rain wasn't imagined
akillerwombat
12/4/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 1:29pm
Inhale a proportionate amount of cigarette smoke to what the pollution is added each day to our entire atmosphere. So it would be equivalent to a...
Inhale a proportionate amount of cigarette smoke to what the pollution is added each day to our entire atmosphere. So it would be equivalent to a quarter of a molecule of smoke maybe even smaller??? Not sure how to calculate that proportion. But we ain’t swimming in smoke here on earth. So....You’re still gonna live to be 100. life expectancy isn’t gonna change. Thus humans ain’t changing the life expectancy of Mother Earth.
Actually this coming up generation is expected to have a shorter life expectancy than ourselves.

The smoke thing went over your head.
APLMAN99
12/4/2017 1:31pm
Hut wrote:
You must be very young if you don't remember how shitty the air quality was before regulations took hold. Acid rain wasn't imagined
It is definitely harder for some to appreciate the effects that have occurred just by doing the basic steps that we have done, especially if you never lived through it. Growing up out here at the end of the world without massive traffic and industry, I remember being shocked by going to a larger city as a kid and seeing these "brown clouds" that seemed to hover over them.

And it's a bit weird to hear folks with basic science educations discount the effects of minute amounts of substances on life. Most of those discounting how a small amount can have a huge effect must forget some of the most basic things of their trade.

For example, if you were to administer .015 PPM of a 150lb Type 1 diabetic person's body weight in insulin, it could easily lead to death without the proper actions to counteract the glucose drop. And that's just a basic example of such a small amount of input having such a dramatic effect on the host environment.......
newmann
12/4/2017 1:45pm
What about that river of shit flowing out of Mexico and floating up to sunny San Diego? No one is concerned about that shit?

Speaking of shit, how about San Diego having to pressure wash the streets and sidewalks down with bleach due to all the vagrants pissing and shitting? What's up with that?

Besides, do you even Ganges, Bro? So much less pollution when you farm out everything.

Hut
12/4/2017 2:25pm
That's terrible ^^^
kongols
12/4/2017 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 2:36pm

The same as smoking 5 packs a day.

12/4/2017 2:38pm
scott_nz wrote:
this is about where i am on the issue, I think we are having some effect, but the earth has always changed as well, I have...
this is about where i am on the issue,

I think we are having some effect, but the earth has always changed as well,

I have always marveled at the scam that is the carbon trading scheme tho, they take a colourless and odourless gas that they never collect and sell it by the tonne,
Much sader and very worrying is the amount of plastic now in our waterways and oceans. That S**t really can't be argued away and really will have a catastrophic effect on our planet.
newmann
12/4/2017 7:05pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/04/229427/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Laughing
newmann
12/4/2017 7:10pm
kongols wrote:
[img]https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2017/south-asia-smog/Smog1.jpg[/img] The same as smoking 5 packs a day. [img]https://cache.pakistantoday.com.pk/smog-5.jpg[/img]

The same as smoking 5 packs a day.

You have a problem with the Pakis heating their houses with burning old tires?
G-man
12/4/2017 9:00pm
colintrax wrote:
Global warming is very real, but it's not going to stop. If humans want to quit making an impact on the planet we all gotta die...
Global warming is very real, but it's not going to stop. If humans want to quit making an impact on the planet we all gotta die.

BTW that bike looks like a metric shit ton of fun
Yes the FZ1 is a Wolf in Sheep's clothing and a great bike for the type of riding I do, which the majority is Sport Touring 2 up.

My G/F likes to ride as much as I do and it doesn't matter the time or day she's always game.

Only thing I would hope it would do is some slight off-road mostly Fire Road stuff.
I could see an adventure bike in my future but damn how many motorcycles does it take to be complete!!!? Grinning
G-man
12/4/2017 9:05pm
peelout wrote:
60 on Saturday, today 4 inches of snow and 26 degrees in Ogden. don't Al Gore me, bro we were in Moab this weekend checking out...
60 on Saturday, today 4 inches of snow and 26 degrees in Ogden.

don't Al Gore me, bro

we were in Moab this weekend checking out fuckin' dinosaur tracks. dinosaur tracks bro. this earth has gone through some wicked changes, don't tell me it's because Meg uses aresol hairspray driving her Raptor up the road at 65
Hahaha don't worry Peely, no Al Gore from me matter of fact the title was more tongue-in-cheek/sarcasm.

By the way what happened to my thread it was Super Moon, Nice Ride, Holiday boats on the lake and Bad Santa!! Woohoo

Post a reply to: Global warming?

The Latest