Recomendations for 4 Stroke Enduro

What do you guys recommend for engine, chassis, and other mods on a 2006 crf250r that is a strict enduro/woods/harescramble bike?

I was thinking about Hot Cams stage 1 camshaft, Rocket full system exhaust, and handguards, skidplate. Anyone know if there is a distributor out there that makes a linkage guard for one of these? I have searched around but to no avail.
|
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
10/20/2017 3:16pm
I'd recommend against the cams...keep the engine stock and run good fuel. Ethanol free if you have it available. For chassis, soften up the suspension, and make certain you get a good set of radiator braces, and case guards. Frame guards or grip tape where your boots rub is always a good idea. I also recommend sintered metal brake pads..an aggressive rider will wear out organic pads in one race.
fins227
11/11/2017 6:52pm
I'd recommend against the cams...keep the engine stock and run good fuel. Ethanol free if you have it available. For chassis, soften up the suspension, and...
I'd recommend against the cams...keep the engine stock and run good fuel. Ethanol free if you have it available. For chassis, soften up the suspension, and make certain you get a good set of radiator braces, and case guards. Frame guards or grip tape where your boots rub is always a good idea. I also recommend sintered metal brake pads..an aggressive rider will wear out organic pads in one race.
ill echo harescrambled and say leave the motor stock for reliability, get a good suspension setting, a big tank, all the guards available, and if you have money left over a rekluse, a rekluse clutch is great for woods riding a 250f because it keeps the bike from stalling which will save you time and energy kicking that SOB in the woods.

Oh and stick with one bike until you cant get anymore use out of it, the grass may look greener, but unless you have endless resources buying other bikes will limit the money you have to ride or race.

The Shop

GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
1/6/2018 8:51am
Forget engine performance mods, get a Rekluse RadiusCX, get your suspension revalved & resprung for the off-road (Konflict Motorsports & Suspension) , Acerbis handguards, AXP Racing Skid Plate & rad guards, Seatconcepts seat & a Acerbis oversized tank. Those are just some of my preferred brands, but plenty of companies make those accessories besides the Rekluse.
hyler199
1/8/2018 12:01pm
Yeah leave motor mods for last lol

skid plate
handguards of your preference
handlebars and spare handlebars
18inch rear rim with a Dunlop AT81 or wtvr suits your terrain
After a few races check how your brakes are doing... are they overheating etcetc
larger gas tank if you find the need

Keep motor stock, adjust sprockets if needed and keep the motor reliable. It has to last 2 to 3 hours in 1 race or 4+ in an enduro. Multiply that by the amount of races you plan on doing/practice rides and you will have more hours in 1 season of riding than 2 seasons of strict motocross
wfopete
1/10/2018 5:49pm
Yeah save your money and skip engine mods. Compared to MX you will grind your scooter up. The hours put in against trees, rocks, mud and other riders will find you needing tires, brake pads, chains and sprockets 3X compared to your basic MX'r. Look at other CRF bikes at the enduros and key off of what those riders do to thier bikes.
tobias56
1/24/2018 7:38pm
hyler199 wrote:
Yeah leave motor mods for last lol skid plate handguards of your preference handlebars and spare handlebars 18inch rear rim with a Dunlop AT81 or wtvr...
Yeah leave motor mods for last lol

skid plate
handguards of your preference
handlebars and spare handlebars
18inch rear rim with a Dunlop AT81 or wtvr suits your terrain
After a few races check how your brakes are doing... are they overheating etcetc
larger gas tank if you find the need

Keep motor stock, adjust sprockets if needed and keep the motor reliable. It has to last 2 to 3 hours in 1 race or 4+ in an enduro. Multiply that by the amount of races you plan on doing/practice rides and you will have more hours in 1 season of riding than 2 seasons of strict motocross
I would leave the engine stock either. This is a good list of mods.
hyler199
1/24/2018 7:52pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKsH4ejiI2g

check out these guys, funny group of guys that film them racing or just play riding.... a few of them rock crf250s and crf450s setup for woods riding.
I would also get a nice camel back or hydration system
have something to bring a couple small tools, zip ties, spark plug and wrench
Pay attention to what other people will have in the pits, how they set things up etc

tobias56
1/25/2018 4:48pm
Nice vid man, they seem pretty good at modding bikes.

Post a reply to: Recomendations for 4 Stroke Enduro

The Latest