Eddie Warren

trucker1
12/6/2009 8:11am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2014 5:15am
I would love to read a story on the interesting career of Eddie Warren in one of those where are they now or that other one that covers riders of the past.
Win the 1st ever lites sx - as a privateer on top of winning it.
Rookie of the year n I believe 85.
Then going factory kawi n over to Japan and dominating along with the chicken n tichener to the point the banned American riders from competing in their series.
Head over to Australia n win everything in sight. Along with having one of the most successful amateur careers and the fastest lap time for a loong time @ Baja on an 80 !!!!!! Ron Lechein was the only kid who could beat him straight up.
Well I guess I just did my own "where are they now" without the where he is now part of it.
|
12/6/2009 8:36am
to trucker1,
didnt steve martin also win japanese national mx champ?
2 times i think
12/6/2009 8:49am
to trucker1,
didnt steve martin also win japanese national mx champ?
2 times i think
Steve went to Japan in '84 with a company called Moto Leon, a Japanese accessory company. I think he won the title's in '84-'85.
12/6/2009 9:36am
to project racer,
i read in one of your posts, that you lived near one of kippy pierce and monte mccoys mechanics it wasnt a guy named earl something? was it. i grew up in pinellas park , lived 3 blocks away from joey cartier, i know kippys dad had a construction company on park blvd about half mile past 66th st, and in front of the place was an old house i guess and it was a moto shop. where they worked on kippys and montes bikes, i think monte was sponsered by kippys dad at that time. this stuff has got me thinking back way back lol so i called joey the other night to ask him about monte and he said he hasnt talked with monte in yrs, but another guy that we knew, buzzy germony talks to monte all the time. and i meant to ask him about karl jordan, and steve martin , but fprgot to ask he did say that mark murphys dad passed away, and that his dad bill cartier has allzhiemers and isin a nursing home. its a small world really and its possible we might even know each other. and i did race at golden eagles raceway a time aor 2 in tampa.
L.Gregory
12/6/2009 10:58am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:19pm
Oldschool , Kip Sr's. business was C.E. Pierce Construction. The old shop was K&K Cycle. He sponsored Kippy as well as Monte. Dave Brunelle was the mechanic I speak of. I still live just about three miles from the location of Golden Eagles. Sorry to hear of Mr. Murphy's passing, and the condition of Mr. Cartier.

The Shop

TGR
12/6/2009 1:37pm
Eddie Warren
TGR
12/6/2009 1:44pm
Steve Martin - Le Touquet 1981

TGR
12/6/2009 1:55pm
Steve Martin - Le Touquet 1981
Old-Man
7/15/2014 4:45pm
trucker1 wrote:
I would love to read a story on the interesting career of Eddie Warren in one of those where are they now or that other one...
I would love to read a story on the interesting career of Eddie Warren in one of those where are they now or that other one that covers riders of the past.
Win the 1st ever lites sx - as a privateer on top of winning it.
Rookie of the year n I believe 85.
Then going factory kawi n over to Japan and dominating along with the chicken n tichener to the point the banned American riders from competing in their series.
Head over to Australia n win everything in sight. Along with having one of the most successful amateur careers and the fastest lap time for a loong time @ Baja on an 80 !!!!!! Ron Lechein was the only kid who could beat him straight up.
Well I guess I just did my own "where are they now" without the where he is now part of it.
EL Sammo
7/16/2014 5:15am
Thanks for that, great interview.

Post a reply to: Eddie Warren

The Latest