Vets MXdN - Who has raced it?

Pal
8/29/2017 11:47am
Awesome pictures bud, do you have a hard time finding parts for the Cagiva? Plastics must be tough!
Fraser
9/3/2017 11:53pm
I've been pretty lucky with this bike as it's a good one. Plastics are hard to find, but there's a strong Cagiva wmx community on facebook so you can normally track down most parts
Fraser
9/18/2017 8:38am
The whole weekend was epic once again- 2017 VMXDN

Pal
9/18/2017 11:04am
Great picture bud, do you have any more? I couldn't attend this year and I want to see what I missed! I've seen a picture of Brown's 610 Husky that thing looked awesome.

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/18/2017 11:12am
Well the event did not fail to impress.

I did not gel with the 86 CR250 I rode. The ergonomics were so awkward to me and riding a bike for the first time at this event in timed qualifying (which is only 10 minutes) proved to be an even tougher challenge than I anticipated. So, my riding was pathetic but my experience was second to none.

Riding the historic track with such a large amount of spectators there was somethig I don't ever get to experience back at home in the US. The track got very rough and a different type of rough than we get back at home. There were some seriously fast guys at the front of every class and watching those guys along with the Vet MXdN races around that track was just awesome.

It was a great experience and I met so many great people before the event as we were buying our bikes, getting supplies from a local motocross shop (motoxtreme), etc. We even got invited to ride a local practice track before the race to sort the bikes but had to leave before I ever got to ride because my wife and kids were stranded with a punctured tire. One of the groups of guys we bought one of the bikes from were all so nice that they helped my dad and I out tremendously at the event. That part made me feel right at home where we have a lot of great people at our local vintage races too. Honestly, that was the best part of this whole trip; meeting good, honest people that love this stuff as much as I do.

My dad as a kid always dreamed of racing a GP in Europe and doing this got him that experience in many ways. More so than I know he ever thought was possible. For me, I never dreamed of racing the GP's as a kid (I grew up wanting to be McGrath in Supercross) but I've always loved this sport and as I've grown older I've developed an interest in it deeper than just simply doing it. Learning the history, the historic tracks, bikes, etc. along with just simply talking moto with people in a different Country is fantastic.

For anyone in the US thinking about doing this event, do it if you can. It is a lot of money and not an easy task to line everything up but the reward is well worth it.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/18/2017 11:37am
Here are the bikes the Husky guys were racing. They struggled with mechanical problems all weekend. Emig never even finished a race. Brown won a couple of his motos but had bike problems in others and got straight beat by Neville Bradshaw in the Evo MXdN race. Brownie was super fast and ran him down in a couple motos but his husky four stroke looked a bit under powered.

Pal
9/18/2017 12:12pm
731chopper - you bought your bikes over here?? Do over seas racers buy bikes here and sell them before they leave to avoid shipping costs? That's pretty smart if you can get it done in time!
Are you sticking around for Matterly Basin?
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/18/2017 12:44pm
Pal wrote:
[b]731chopper[/b] - you bought your bikes over here?? Do over seas racers buy bikes here and sell them before they leave to avoid shipping costs? That's...
731chopper - you bought your bikes over here?? Do over seas racers buy bikes here and sell them before they leave to avoid shipping costs? That's pretty smart if you can get it done in time!
Are you sticking around for Matterly Basin?
Yeah we bought them over here (I'm still here next to the track). We bought 3 bikes total. We sold one at the track yesterday and going to store the other 2 here with a friend we've made and sell them both or one of them later. I'm not exactly sure what the plans are. I wish we could have extended our stay to go to Matterly but I've got to get back to work.
Fraser
9/19/2017 8:24am
Pal wrote:
Great picture bud, do you have any more? I couldn't attend this year and I want to see what I missed! I've seen a picture of...
Great picture bud, do you have any more? I couldn't attend this year and I want to see what I missed! I've seen a picture of Brown's 610 Husky that thing looked awesome.
Have a look on my Facebook, there's loads Smile . https://www.facebook.com/fraser.law
Fraser
9/19/2017 8:26am
731chopper wrote:
Well the event did not fail to impress. I did not gel with the 86 CR250 I rode. The ergonomics were so awkward to me and...
Well the event did not fail to impress.

I did not gel with the 86 CR250 I rode. The ergonomics were so awkward to me and riding a bike for the first time at this event in timed qualifying (which is only 10 minutes) proved to be an even tougher challenge than I anticipated. So, my riding was pathetic but my experience was second to none.

Riding the historic track with such a large amount of spectators there was somethig I don't ever get to experience back at home in the US. The track got very rough and a different type of rough than we get back at home. There were some seriously fast guys at the front of every class and watching those guys along with the Vet MXdN races around that track was just awesome.

It was a great experience and I met so many great people before the event as we were buying our bikes, getting supplies from a local motocross shop (motoxtreme), etc. We even got invited to ride a local practice track before the race to sort the bikes but had to leave before I ever got to ride because my wife and kids were stranded with a punctured tire. One of the groups of guys we bought one of the bikes from were all so nice that they helped my dad and I out tremendously at the event. That part made me feel right at home where we have a lot of great people at our local vintage races too. Honestly, that was the best part of this whole trip; meeting good, honest people that love this stuff as much as I do.

My dad as a kid always dreamed of racing a GP in Europe and doing this got him that experience in many ways. More so than I know he ever thought was possible. For me, I never dreamed of racing the GP's as a kid (I grew up wanting to be McGrath in Supercross) but I've always loved this sport and as I've grown older I've developed an interest in it deeper than just simply doing it. Learning the history, the historic tracks, bikes, etc. along with just simply talking moto with people in a different Country is fantastic.

For anyone in the US thinking about doing this event, do it if you can. It is a lot of money and not an easy task to line everything up but the reward is well worth it.
Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed it so much.Smile
billyslad
9/19/2017 11:16am
Fraser wrote:
The whole weekend was epic once again- 2017 VMXDN [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/18/215325/s1200_img059.jpg[/img]
The whole weekend was epic once again- 2017 VMXDN

Awesome weekend Fraser

Post a reply to: Vets MXdN - Who has raced it?

The Latest