2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

10/15/2016 1:32pm
stevo450 wrote:
Sounds good! Wire wheel is a good idea... You'll like the results but make sure the mob that does the plating wire-hang each component. Sometimes they...
Sounds good! Wire wheel is a good idea... You'll like the results but make sure the mob that does the plating wire-hang each component.
Sometimes they use a 'bucket' and the results are as good...

I'm keen to see my suspension finished up too! All the parts are on their way from JP now!
Yeah I've been quoted from a bloke in Brisbane about $1.55 per kg barrel process which in my opinion is cheap as balls minimum 50kgs
But everyone has been raving about getting everything individually hung difference of about $100... think I'll go that option
10/15/2016 1:46pm
Rowlands wrote:
Really impressed with the out come of that frame it must feel so satisfying doing it. For the bolts get a wire wheel set up on...
Really impressed with the out come of that frame it must feel so satisfying doing it.

For the bolts get a wire wheel set up on a bench grinder, doesn't take long and removes any surface grease/rust ready for coating. How far are you going with this thing or just ''tidying it up'' ?
Haha yeah it very satisfying
Yeah thanks man keen to get home from work and start cleaning them all up I believe it will be the most efficient way of doing it
Well yeah just a tidy up with some bolt on parts.. I'm not touching the motor mechanically. And with the bolts getting replated I wasnt even going to bother with because I thought it might have been to expensive. Most ridiculous thing I'll really do with this build is send the uppers and shock body off to get anodizied maybe with the hubs as well but compared to other blokes on here mine shouldnt be to crazy.
stevo450
10/15/2016 2:59pm
I wouldn't bother with anodising, just get Kashima done. Since I've now found a Japanese contact it isn't that expensive and if you do the leg work yourself ( strip the shock and fork ) it works out just a bit more that anodising... If you're interested just let me know and I'll pass on the details. Helder ( guy with the YZ250 on here ) already got the contacts so hit me up if you're keen!
10/15/2016 3:34pm
stevo450 wrote:
I wouldn't bother with anodising, just get Kashima done. Since I've now found a Japanese contact it isn't that expensive and if you do the leg...
I wouldn't bother with anodising, just get Kashima done. Since I've now found a Japanese contact it isn't that expensive and if you do the leg work yourself ( strip the shock and fork ) it works out just a bit more that anodising... If you're interested just let me know and I'll pass on the details. Helder ( guy with the YZ250 on here ) already got the contacts so hit me up if you're keen!
Hey thanks Stevo but on the forks I wanna do matte clear but I'll let you know if I have a change of heart cheers

The Shop

10/15/2016 4:34pm
Going to have to keep an eye on this thread. Just got a steel CR and am going to be giving it a tidy up.
stevo450
10/15/2016 6:59pm
stevo450 wrote:
I wouldn't bother with anodising, just get Kashima done. Since I've now found a Japanese contact it isn't that expensive and if you do the leg...
Hey thanks Stevo but on the forks I wanna do matte clear but I'll let you know if I have a change of heart cheers
Ahh Smile in that case.... All good!
Joshxrider
10/25/2016 5:40pm
I just like that you was in a tent blasting away lol looks great tho.
Camp332
10/25/2016 6:50pm
So far so good on this, mate! Looking forward to the next update.
11/6/2016 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2016 12:11am
No real updates here other then starting on the motor Sick thing is taking a while but the results are worth it. Will acid wash it for a final touch at the end. Still need to send my hardware off for plating so I can really get things moving.

Looks like one of the previous owners had a chain off or snap or something can see the wear into the casing.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
11/7/2016 1:49pm
Chain snapped and got wedged between the case and the case saver. Look into a brand called boldt bolt kit for your bike. Way less time and money and they are good quality.
11/7/2016 2:05pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Chain snapped and got wedged between the case and the case saver. Look into a brand called boldt bolt kit for your bike. Way less time...
Chain snapped and got wedged between the case and the case saver. Look into a brand called boldt bolt kit for your bike. Way less time and money and they are good quality.
Yeah bit of a bummer, after the sprocket and chain go on won't even notice it! I can't seem to find what your talking about do you mean bold bolt kit or body bolt kit or something... Post a link cheers!
12/7/2016 2:06pm
Yo what's good everyone!

Been a little while I've been so busy lately and the build has been getting held up a little. Got a few up dates

I was planning on sending my rear shock away to be ano and then to be rebuilt and set up for my weight, until I stumbled across this on eBay.

Soon as I seen it I noticed the bike in the picture and sure enough hit up rider_122 on Instagram and after a little persistence negotiated a price and she was on her way to Aus. Smile worked out cheaper to buy a whole new unit rather then modify/rebuild mine.

Had to wait a whole damn week for this bad bitch to rock up but man I was stoked when I got her... thanks again dan!

Also after a little research I decided to go down the cerakote route. Locally there is a bloke who coats guns so I hit him up for a quote. Dude was Super exxy so I decided to have a go myself.

Beyond stoked with the outcome. Calipers, triples and hubs to come stay tuned!

Also trying to find time to Finnish building my workshop so busy lately!

Cheers have a good one!
12/7/2016 2:26pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Chain snapped and got wedged between the case and the case saver. Look into a brand called boldt bolt kit for your bike. Way less time...
Yeah bit of a bummer, after the sprocket and chain go on won't even notice it! I can't seem to find what your talking about do...
Yeah bit of a bummer, after the sprocket and chain go on won't even notice it! I can't seem to find what your talking about do you mean bold bolt kit or body bolt kit or something... Post a link cheers!
I'm pretty sure he means a bolt bolt kit: http://www.motosport.com/bolt-honda-crcrf-propack

The motor and shock look sick
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
12/7/2016 8:08pm
Yep! Sorry I didn't know you replied to me! Cerakote looks great mate!
Cmiller493
12/7/2016 8:22pm
How hard was it to cerakote and what all was involved? Not to get off topic but it has always seemed like a simple process that people charged too high for!
stevo450
12/8/2016 12:21am
I would like to know about that cerakote process as well!!!???
mxdude105
12/8/2016 6:54am
Awesome build man. Planning something similar over the winter. Can't wait to see more pics!
12/12/2016 2:43pm
mxdude105 wrote:
Awesome build man. Planning something similar over the winter. Can't wait to see more pics!
Cr 250? Keen to see it. Yeah I'm getting impatient too haha
12/14/2016 4:46pm
Finished up on the calipers and brackets really happy with them, hubs to come

vmxracer
12/15/2016 5:19am
We need more info on this home cerakote process !!

and the build looks super cool so far Whistling
Braaaphole
12/15/2016 6:20pm
How did you clean up the engine? I'm wanting to pull mine and clean it up.
Rider_122
12/20/2016 1:24pm
Man you really have brought this bike back from the dead, I'm pumped to see this thing come together.
DTer67e
12/22/2016 7:19pm
Yo what's good everyone! Been a little while I've been so busy lately and the build has been getting held up a little. Got a few...
Yo what's good everyone!

Been a little while I've been so busy lately and the build has been getting held up a little. Got a few up dates

I was planning on sending my rear shock away to be ano and then to be rebuilt and set up for my weight, until I stumbled across this on eBay.

Soon as I seen it I noticed the bike in the picture and sure enough hit up rider_122 on Instagram and after a little persistence negotiated a price and she was on her way to Aus. Smile worked out cheaper to buy a whole new unit rather then modify/rebuild mine.

Had to wait a whole damn week for this bad bitch to rock up but man I was stoked when I got her... thanks again dan!

Also after a little research I decided to go down the cerakote route. Locally there is a bloke who coats guns so I hit him up for a quote. Dude was Super exxy so I decided to have a go myself.

Beyond stoked with the outcome. Calipers, triples and hubs to come stay tuned!

Also trying to find time to Finnish building my workshop so busy lately!

Cheers have a good one!
what color cerakote did you use for the right side engine cover and water pump cover ? did you also cerakote the RC valve cover,clutch cover,and the flywheel cover or powdervcoat those ?
benno387
12/28/2016 5:48am
stevo450 wrote:
Mate I would be very interested in a contact
I have a 2007 Cr 250 I'm slowly getting parts together to do a build and the coatings are on my list
1/28/2017 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2017 5:36pm
Slow progress Silly found some time the other day to coat my hubs turned out awesome, colour is burnt bronze

Also finally sent away my hardwear to be re-plated should be back this week or the next. Was really hopeing to Finnish this in the next few months but with news that I'm going to be a mini dad might slow things down a little... so hang tight
Cheers mad dogs
1/28/2017 5:35pm
DTer67e wrote:
what color cerakote did you use for the right side engine cover and water pump cover ? did you also cerakote the RC valve cover,clutch cover,and...
what color cerakote did you use for the right side engine cover and water pump cover ? did you also cerakote the RC valve cover,clutch cover,and the flywheel cover or powdervcoat those ?
Hey mate clutch covers and hubs are burnt bronze and the ignition and RC cover are cerakoted as well.

Post a reply to: 2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

The Latest