Ribs popping out

ginger969
10/18/2017 9:47am
Hey Guys,

Anyone know of like a compression chest thing for helping to keep my ribs in place while the cartilage continues to heal up from dislocation?

They are good but they come out of place sometimes during sleep or of course any impacts...The tape works well too but I'm curious if there's like a tight compression chest wear of some sort...

Thanks!
|
reded
10/19/2017 9:10pm
Wish I knew, I have the same problem. Mine pop out at random times anymore but usually go back in within a few days, normally while I'm asleep.
Acidreamer
11/13/2017 12:04pm
I had a rib injury a few years ago and the doctors basically said youre on your own for healing. No braces or anything available. Had to basically do nothing till they healed up
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
11/24/2017 6:57pm
^^^^Acidreamer is correct.

Do not wrap your ribs. They can constrict your breathing which can increase the risk of bacterial infection and/or pneumonia.

Wrapping, to splint rib issues, feel out of favor as treatment quite some time ago.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
11/26/2017 10:28am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2017 10:29am
Don’t flame me.....

But I have a rib popping out issue as well, and use yoga to help. I don’t do it every day, but 1-2 times a week, and daily when I fell it starting to creep out. I haven’t had a rib out in over 2 years now.

I just googled “yoga for rib” and found 3 or 4 easy things to do

The Shop

KDXGarage
3/6/2018 11:56pm
kzizok wrote:
^^^^Acidreamer is correct. Do not wrap your ribs. They can constrict your breathing which can increase the risk of bacterial infection and/or pneumonia. Wrapping, to splint...
^^^^Acidreamer is correct.

Do not wrap your ribs. They can constrict your breathing which can increase the risk of bacterial infection and/or pneumonia.

Wrapping, to splint rib issues, feel out of favor as treatment quite some time ago.
I know this is an older thread, but I will second it that wrapping is a no-no.
4/25/2018 11:01am
MxKing809 wrote:
Don’t flame me..... But I have a rib popping out issue as well, and use yoga to help. I don’t do it every day, but 1-2...
Don’t flame me.....

But I have a rib popping out issue as well, and use yoga to help. I don’t do it every day, but 1-2 times a week, and daily when I fell it starting to creep out. I haven’t had a rib out in over 2 years now.

I just googled “yoga for rib” and found 3 or 4 easy things to do
I have raced karts most my life and we were special rib protectors to keep our ribs from breaking during high g corners , I have a huge issue with my run a popping out of place now and the best thing for it I found is yoga and stretching out your sides , I would not suggest wrapping at all , rib injuries are one of those things that there isn't much you can do for it
smoothies862
Fantasy
745th
4/25/2018 4:47pm
multiple rib fractures, breaks for my ribs. bad habit of tucking my arm like a boxer to protect from a body hook. no wrap try to do deep breathing during the day. crazy how much load gets put on those suckers huh? lol. last rib fun was busting them up real good on a mx practice Tuesday. already signed up for a 5k for vets on sat. no way I was pussing out .negative. it will feel better when it stops hurting DizzyEvil

Post a reply to: Ribs popping out

The Latest