Downvotegate 2019

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 4:21am
Dear admins, fellow companions on this forum

this is an open letter adressing something strange i encountered recently. In one particular thread it appeared to me that i downvoted multiple posts in there (those posts had more than one downvote which might not be related). I don't remember downvoting anything. I generally try to not downvote anything.

Has anyone ever encountered the same issue?

Thank you for adressing my concerns in foreseeable future.

Sincerely George from 2019 AD
|
8/29/2019 2:35pm
Dear admins, fellow companions on this forum this is an open letter adressing something strange i encountered recently. In one particular thread it appeared to me...
Dear admins, fellow companions on this forum

this is an open letter adressing something strange i encountered recently. In one particular thread it appeared to me that i downvoted multiple posts in there (those posts had more than one downvote which might not be related). I don't remember downvoting anything. I generally try to not downvote anything.

Has anyone ever encountered the same issue?

Thank you for adressing my concerns in foreseeable future.

Sincerely George from 2019 AD
Hello, I just checked and do not see any forum posts downvoted by you (lots of upvotes, though). Did you happen to undo the downvotes that you saw? Also, in which forum topic did you see this issue? Thanks.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
9/6/2019 12:13am
Hello, I just checked and do not see any forum posts downvoted by you (lots of upvotes, though). Did you happen to undo the downvotes that...
Hello, I just checked and do not see any forum posts downvoted by you (lots of upvotes, though). Did you happen to undo the downvotes that you saw? Also, in which forum topic did you see this issue? Thanks.
Hello, thanks for response.

Yeah i did undo all the downvotes. Silly thing is i think they were all on one page of one thread (probably some MXoN or MXGP related stuff). i can't recall the exact threat now. Sry for inconvinience i keep checking and document it better if i even encounter it again. Thanks.
aeffertz
11/1/2019 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 3:37pm
I notice this often too! I came into this section to make a thread but somewhat glad to see I'm not losing my mind.

I will be reading through a thread and notice my little 'thumb down' icon is highlighted meaning I've downvoted the comment, but it's the first time I'm reading/seeing the comment and I know for a fact I haven't or wouldn't have gave it a thumbs down. I will then undo the thumbs down. The next time I come across one that I didn't actually vote on I will share it here to see if it helps.

Actually, This thread right here has a bunch of comments that it says I have downvoted:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Works-Edition-Honda-Grap…

Sometimes when I load it, the posts then have thumbs up because I cleared off the thumbs down.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
11/5/2019 3:36pm
Yep happens to me also, and when I'm not even logged in?

The Shop

11/5/2019 5:58pm
To anyone currently experiencing this - if you see this happening on a page, please add a post to that page (do not click on the thumbs to undo), check if your downvotes are gone after the page refreshes, and let me know here if that is the case. Hopefully that will shed some light on what is happening. Thanks!
11/29/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2019 1:32pm
Problem should be fixed now, if you see it again, please update this thread to let us know, thanks.

* Please note that the downvotes visible weren't actually owned by anyone experiencing the problem, it was just a caching issue that made it appear so.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
12/16/2019 4:21am
Problem should be fixed now, if you see it again, please update this thread to let us know, thanks. * Please note that the downvotes visible...
Problem should be fixed now, if you see it again, please update this thread to let us know, thanks.

* Please note that the downvotes visible weren't actually owned by anyone experiencing the problem, it was just a caching issue that made it appear so.
Thanks for resolving that. I came independently also to the realisation that those were "phantom" downvotes that showed only to me.

On the other hand now poll's numbers seem to be f...ridged big time. It's tought to be admin here i suppose.

Post a reply to: Downvotegate 2019

The Latest