1994 CR500 world GP Belgacom rebuild

JohnnyL
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 2:17am
Hello everyone. Johnny from Sweden here.
As winter is coming it's time to start with the winter project. I will rebuild a quite unique bike this year. The bike is one of 5 time World Championship rider Georges Jobe's team Belgacom Honda CR500's. These bikes were quite unique with there carbon fibre tanks and panels and looked very different to the other bikes back then. They were also painted turqouise. I have had the bike for a while and have been collecting some stuff that were missing and i have managed to get all i need now. It's not easy as there was a lot of special stuff on these bikes.
I will put up pics along the way of the project.

Regards Johnny

|
Sidecar
11/19/2016 11:46am
I have a genuine team coat from that team.... My son wore it a little the past few years but he's out grown it now, still fits my Mrs though.... might be for sale if your interested????

Nice bike by the way, looking forward to following your build

JohnnyL
11/19/2016 1:40pm
Hello! Ok, cool! I actually have a new one here. I was lucky to find one in England a month ago that had been hanging in a shop store for over 20 years Smile . I got it for 25 GBP so very good! What size is yours ?
Sidecar
11/19/2016 2:18pm
Oh ok that's cool that you have one, I haven't seen another in years.
It's pretty small. Let me know if your interested but no worries if your not.

The Shop

tuggy450
11/20/2016 6:33am
Awesome , yep carbon fiber believe jacky vimond started the carbon fiber cr's gonna see if I can post up some pics. You euro guys come up with some wild stuff. Enjoy

JohnnyL
11/20/2016 9:37am
Sidecar wrote:
Oh ok that's cool that you have one, I haven't seen another in years. It's pretty small. Let me know if your interested but no worries...
Yep, mine's not that big size either. Thanks, let me know what money you want for it and i can Think about it Smile .
JohnnyL
11/20/2016 9:38am
tuggy450 wrote:
Awesome , yep carbon fiber believe jacky vimond started the carbon fiber cr's gonna see if I can post up some pics. You euro guys come...
Awesome , yep carbon fiber believe jacky vimond started the carbon fiber cr's gonna see if I can post up some pics. You euro guys come up with some wild stuff. Enjoy

Great! Thanks for posting that up Smile !
David934
11/20/2016 9:42am
Hello,
how that happen, you own this rare bike? Big fan of CR 500s.
Which way you will go? Complete resto or technical side only? Chassis looks like awesome original, you would let the original? Interesting bike!
tuggy450
11/20/2016 9:47am
wish i had that...very cool bike..send it over,lol
Sidecar
11/20/2016 10:23am
Sidecar wrote:
Oh ok that's cool that you have one, I haven't seen another in years. It's pretty small. Let me know if your interested but no worries...
JohnnyL wrote:
Yep, mine's not that big size either. Thanks, let me know what money you want for it and i can Think about it Smile .
£20.00 GBP plus what ever it costs me to post it to you??? My son wore it a few times on cold days but it's in very good condition.
The photos I posted were taken yesterday with my wife wearing it.
mxBryan
11/23/2016 7:29am
Awesome to see this, nice piece of Belgium motocross heritage !
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
11/23/2016 10:44am
Patiently waiting!
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:30am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2016 9:36am
David934 wrote:
Hello, how that happen, you own this rare bike? Big fan of CR 500s. Which way you will go? Complete resto or technical side only? Chassis...
Hello,
Which way you will go? Complete resto or technical side only? Chassis looks like awesome original, you would let the original? Interesting bike!
Yes, it's my bike. I have worked with CR500's for a while and done a few restorations and i also built a Honda CR500 with a 550cc Liger top end conversion that has got quite much attention around the world now.
I got to know Georges Jobe's old friend in Italy and he had the bike standing there in pieces. He actually offered me to buy it and of course i couldn't say no to that so everything was bought and sent to me in a box to Sweden. I have been collecting some stuff that was missing and i am almost done with that now so i will slowly start to put everything together this winter.
The bike will not be restored in that way, only fixed up, some small repair on panels, clean it up properly and let it have it's race wear from the last GP left. I can not take the patina away on it !
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:31am
Sidecar wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
Sidecar wrote:
£20.00 GBP plus what ever it costs me to post it to you??? My son wore it a few times on cold days but it's in...
£20.00 GBP plus what ever it costs me to post it to you??? My son wore it a few times on cold days but it's in very good condition.
Ok, great, i take it! let me know if you got Paypal, then i send you Money that way Smile .
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:32am
tuggy450 wrote:
wish i had that...very cool bike..send it over,lol
Haha, thanksSmile !
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:33am
johnny keep up posting pic's of your very very nice project!
regards from holland!
Hey Mike Smile ! Sure i will! It will be a quite slow process but i put up pics and info along the way Smile . I will Contact Jos soon too.
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:35am
mxBryan wrote:
Awesome to see this, nice piece of Belgium motocross heritage !
Thank you, glad you like it! I will do my best to keep this bike as it was in the last race Smile
JohnnyL
11/23/2016 11:37am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Patiently waiting!
Nice to hear! I update when something happens Smile .
David934
11/23/2016 1:29pm
David934 wrote:
Hello, how that happen, you own this rare bike? Big fan of CR 500s. Which way you will go? Complete resto or technical side only? Chassis...
Hello,
JohnnyL wrote:
Yes, it's my bike. I have worked with CR500's for a while and done a few restorations and i also built a Honda CR500 with a...
Yes, it's my bike. I have worked with CR500's for a while and done a few restorations and i also built a Honda CR500 with a 550cc Liger top end conversion that has got quite much attention around the world now.
I got to know Georges Jobe's old friend in Italy and he had the bike standing there in pieces. He actually offered me to buy it and of course i couldn't say no to that so everything was bought and sent to me in a box to Sweden. I have been collecting some stuff that was missing and i am almost done with that now so i will slowly start to put everything together this winter.
The bike will not be restored in that way, only fixed up, some small repair on panels, clean it up properly and let it have it's race wear from the last GP left. I can not take the patina away on it !
Good way. You are lucky man.
This time i started dismantling also CR 500 94.
Sidecar
11/23/2016 2:55pm
JohnnyL wrote:
Sidecar wrote:
£20.00 GBP plus what ever it costs me to post it to you??? My son wore it a few times on cold days but it's in...
JohnnyL wrote:
Ok, great, i take it! let me know if you got Paypal, then i send you Money that way Smile .
Ok. Cool, glad it will be going to a good home.
I'm going on holiday tomorrow so send me an email in 2 weeks to three54@btinternet.com and we can sort out PayPal and get it sent over to you.

Keep the build pictures coming!!!!

Post a reply to: 1994 CR500 world GP Belgacom rebuild

The Latest