1996 CR250

Rockinar
9/6/2017 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2017 4:48pm
I bought this bike about a year ago and posted it in "Old School Moto". Project was sorta pushed aside for a while but it's now starting to come along. Seems like every time I look at it, it's costs me $300-$400. So I just do a bit at a time.

But it's is coming along now. Going to finish it as a rolling chassis, then put the motor back together last.

It's going to be a rider, so I don't want every part and bit to be perfect. Just rebuilding and cleaning up. Not making it a showroom bike.

As I bought it.

Currently....

|
tempura
9/8/2017 2:28am
Great bikes in this era.
If you're interested I have this. It's NOS, never opened.

thereal87
9/15/2017 5:10am
tempura wrote:
Great bikes in this era. If you're interested I have this. It's NOS, never opened. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/08/213759/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Great bikes in this era.
If you're interested I have this. It's NOS, never opened.

Is that neuclear red? And how much?

The Shop

Rockinar
12/24/2017 4:48pm
Still coming along. Wheels cost me about another $1,000 between new rims, spokes, powdered hubs, wheel building, tire mounting, etc. So progress been slow.

Just need to finish the shock and motor. The motor was pretty much done but I had Ken O'Connor rebuild the crank. He seemed to do a good job, but when I installed the crank and put the cases together, I could see obviously visible runout on the flywheel tip end. I'm not sure how that passed inspection. Looks like it could cause a lot of vibration. I don't trust it, so I'm going to pull it apart again and buy a new OEM crank. The shock that came with it was fine, just need to be rebuilt and I'm going to put a stiffer spring on it. I bought a backup/spare parts shock off Ebay and someone in the Postal Office stole it thinking a heavy box with "Ebay" tape all over it would be a jackpot. I bet they were SHOCKED at what they found was useless to them. So I then bought a 3rd one which someone for some reason drilled a hole in the main body then plugged it with a bolt?? Morons...

Other than shock and motor, it's pretty much done. Going to change rear fender to white, I want a silver rear sprocket, I need to order some small parts and bits. Should be done in the next two months I hope.

Post a reply to: 1996 CR250

The Latest