1997 cr125r transmission help needed!!!

Ok hi all, lemme start by saying I'm very new to anything with a motor. Ive never worked on an engine before 4 months ago.
I have a close friend who was life changingly injured in an accident on his motor cycle some ten years plus. He asked me one day why i never drove. I was always on a bmx bicycle! So I started thinking motors.
I bought my first 4 wheeler...polaris trail boss 250 2x4. It was a blast but I wanted something more to my roots. Bmx. So I bought a bike...well it set for ever....i traded for a smashed up Honda crf80f. Rebuilt the front forks, clutch( yes, me!) And was off like a rocket(Well a slow rocket)!
Soon I upgraded to a 1998 cr80br fully decked out for racing. Well I didn't quiet get the hang of it so I traded it off too. Then came an xr100r that I dumped all the water from the motor, changed oil 3x and it ran like a boss!
Now I'm riding a 03 crf150f and in the middle of rebuilding my 1997 cr125r(which is our topic) and I find myself replacing the crank, well I do and it working....except now i cant get the gears in the transmission correct. Case back together and it won't shift! Someone please Gove me the correct pattern for the 97 cr125r trannie!
|
Hondas4Life3
1/3/2018 6:44am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 6:45am
Go to rockymountainatvmc.com and look up OEM parts for your bike. It will show a transmission diagram. The gears will not shift or spin correctly until the cases are fully pressed together. You need to buy a service manual or go to cyclepedia.com (if they have your model).

Post a reply to: 1997 cr125r transmission help needed!!!

The Latest