2000 KX125 Build

Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/6/2017 11:11am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 9:03am
Hey guys just wanted to share my first bike build with you guys and also pick up some pointers on what to do and what doesn't work with these bikes. Picked this up about 2 weeks ago and just slowly getting it up to riding standards. Very few hours on the rebuild the previous owner had done and suspension isn't shot! Those were my two big goals when looking for a project and aside from needing new master cylinders and some cosmetic stuff, she's pretty much ready to rip.

|
Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/6/2017 2:50pm
MB109 wrote:
There's a guy selling a good stash of Pro Circuit period correct parts in the Bazaar, I'd check it out..

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/For-Sale-Bazaar,26/PC-KX-stuff-06-kx250f-…
Sweet, yea I'll check it out! The goal is to do some sff forks on it. Probably keep the power plant stock bore, for now atleast. I'd like to find a works pro circuit pipe if anyone has any hook ups on one of those for this year model
Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/6/2017 9:38pm
Anyone know what other wheels will fit on this thing? Went to check through the spokes and most of them are shot and the front rim has a decent sized dent in it. Would some stock black kxf wheels off of a 250f fit?
Slosh 112
9/7/2017 9:48pm
Joe118 wrote:
Anyone know what other wheels will fit on this thing? Went to check through the spokes and most of them are shot and the front rim...
Anyone know what other wheels will fit on this thing? Went to check through the spokes and most of them are shot and the front rim has a decent sized dent in it. Would some stock black kxf wheels off of a 250f fit?
Rims will fit so long as the spoke count and rim diameter is the same, hubs probably won't, axle diameter, wheel spacer dimensions and disc offset will more likely be different. But give them a measure up and see.

The Shop

Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/8/2017 11:29am
Parts are starting to come in! Had to order new triple clamps, the bottom clamp that was on the bike was trashed. The bump stops were basically non existent. Decided to just go with some stock ones I got off eBay for $45 and polish them up. Also had to get a new gas petcock because the original one would close itself when you fire the bike up. Already got some plate graphics ordered from Motopro. And the square front fender just didn't cut it for me so I got a new style front fender to slap on and a black rear fender.

Up next on the agenda is most likely some new wheels for it. Went through the spokes and some of them are just shot and the front wheel has a good sized dent it anyways. I got a set of gold Excels when I bought the bike but the rear is cracked so going to look into having it repaired and probably throw those on.

Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/15/2017 2:42pm
Been pretty busy lately so haven't had a chance to post some small progress but got the front fender fitted up, just had to shave down the middle fin in order for the front plate to sit right. Still having trouble with getting the rear brake to build any pressure, thinking it might be the caliper because I could not get the piston to budge one bit. I'm super anxious to get this thing rideable since I haven't been on the track in about a year now! Also if anyone has any wheels laying around that aren't bent or dented up that would like to sell them, let me know.

Joe118
Fantasy
3192nd
9/25/2017 9:02am
Finally got some more parts ordered, couldn't figure out what was going on with the rear brake pressure so I just found a rear caliper and got a new steel braided line as well. Got some graphics ordered up from Motopro and ordered some new number plates and a bar pad. Once the motor is due for another rebuild, I'll strip the frame down and have it powder coated probably the factory green color. The sub frame has a terrible home made paint job done to it so I will be stripping that off here pretty soon. Really anxious to get this bad boy rideable to I can atleast ride it and find out what else is failed on this thing!
22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
9/26/2017 5:40pm
Nice project, I never understand the new model fenders on them though, They just don't seem to look right to me.

Post a reply to: 2000 KX125 Build

The Latest