2007 CR125

1/17/2020 2:53pm
dylanv21 wrote:
Need to get you a Hinson Clutch cover to compliment the full Hinson inside!
You were right, I was wrong..
1/22/2020 6:28pm
Excellent work on the build. the 04-07 cr125,s are becoming very hard to find. 03 kx125 hgs bud pipe with a pc silencer is like a great port job. Make sure you over insure your cr125,they really catch peoples eyes. I had 2 perfect built cr125,s stolen.
NoMuff2Tuff
1/30/2020 12:16am
Excellent work on the build. the 04-07 cr125,s are becoming very hard to find. 03 kx125 hgs bud pipe with a pc silencer is like a...
Excellent work on the build. the 04-07 cr125,s are becoming very hard to find. 03 kx125 hgs bud pipe with a pc silencer is like a great port job. Make sure you over insure your cr125,they really catch peoples eyes. I had 2 perfect built cr125,s stolen.
Great job on the rebuild, you have a very nice bike. How does your bike run with the set up you have?? The 05-07 CR 125's are some of the most underrated bikes out there. It is one of the best turning and handling bikes ever made in my opinion and stock for stock the motor is on par with the YZ once the jetting is sorted with the stock Mikuni. As a motor junkie all it takes are some basic mods to get the motor to really come alive and I mean come alive!! On my 07 some case porting, 2mm wider exhaust port, 30cc's of Belzona epoxy above and below the Delta Force cage, enlarged boost port, 38mm PWK with STIC block 200 main 55 pilot JD STIC needle, 3.5-4.5 out on the air screw "which is part of the STIC concept running more air into the main jet stream" Porting the left side of the intake boot to create a straighter flow from the carb into the reed cage, (one of the CR's biggest flaws is the intake boot made the way it is for carb clearance around the shock), .032" squish, 3mm shim behind the governor spring to delay the power valve opening, "thanks Nino for the tip" and a STOCK pipe and long FMF silencer. I feel the stock pipe makes much more mid torque then the PC pipe I was running, 13-51/52 gearing depending on track. I have heard about the KX pipe on the CR but haven't had the chance to try one. It took a while to find this set up but as it sits now this bike flat out rips, good bottom and excellent mid to top, it's no comparison to a stock CR. The stock pipe holds it back on the over rev a little but it's definitely worth the trade what it gives below it. Didn't mean to hyjack the thread but as a CR die hard I just wanted to let other CR 125 owners know these bike have so much motor potential with out spending tons of money.

The Shop

1/30/2020 1:05pm
Excellent work on the build. the 04-07 cr125,s are becoming very hard to find. 03 kx125 hgs bud pipe with a pc silencer is like a...
Thats a bummer man.. I hate hearing that, karma will get them. I'm always sketched out taking 2 bikes to the track for that exact reason.
1/30/2020 1:23pm
Great job on the rebuild, you have a very nice bike. How does your bike run with the set up you have?? The 05-07 CR 125's...
Great job on the rebuild, you have a very nice bike. How does your bike run with the set up you have?? The 05-07 CR 125's are some of the most underrated bikes out there. It is one of the best turning and handling bikes ever made in my opinion and stock for stock the motor is on par with the YZ once the jetting is sorted with the stock Mikuni. As a motor junkie all it takes are some basic mods to get the motor to really come alive and I mean come alive!! On my 07 some case porting, 2mm wider exhaust port, 30cc's of Belzona epoxy above and below the Delta Force cage, enlarged boost port, 38mm PWK with STIC block 200 main 55 pilot JD STIC needle, 3.5-4.5 out on the air screw "which is part of the STIC concept running more air into the main jet stream" Porting the left side of the intake boot to create a straighter flow from the carb into the reed cage, (one of the CR's biggest flaws is the intake boot made the way it is for carb clearance around the shock), .032" squish, 3mm shim behind the governor spring to delay the power valve opening, "thanks Nino for the tip" and a STOCK pipe and long FMF silencer. I feel the stock pipe makes much more mid torque then the PC pipe I was running, 13-51/52 gearing depending on track. I have heard about the KX pipe on the CR but haven't had the chance to try one. It took a while to find this set up but as it sits now this bike flat out rips, good bottom and excellent mid to top, it's no comparison to a stock CR. The stock pipe holds it back on the over rev a little but it's definitely worth the trade what it gives below it. Didn't mean to hyjack the thread but as a CR die hard I just wanted to let other CR 125 owners know these bike have so much motor potential with out spending tons of money.
I would agree with you that the CR125 is one of the best handling bikes. So easy to hop on and "feel at home". I really enjoy riding the 125 but after riding my RM250 for the last year, I never think about riding the small bore anymore haha.

As for the motor work. I just dropped it off at Pro Circuit and told them I wanted a more power everywhere (typical response? lol) and that I was okay to run straight c12.

Bike has never given me issues and is solid!

Now if I can hurry and put this thing together... haha
NoMuff2Tuff
1/30/2020 4:33pm
I would agree with you that the CR125 is one of the best handling bikes. So easy to hop on and "feel at home". I really...
I would agree with you that the CR125 is one of the best handling bikes. So easy to hop on and "feel at home". I really enjoy riding the 125 but after riding my RM250 for the last year, I never think about riding the small bore anymore haha.

As for the motor work. I just dropped it off at Pro Circuit and told them I wanted a more power everywhere (typical response? lol) and that I was okay to run straight c12.

Bike has never given me issues and is solid!

Now if I can hurry and put this thing together... haha
The last Gens really are bullet proof. I changed the crank at around 100 hours and it was still in spec. I've had good luck with Amsoil Dominator synthetic oil. I change ring every 10 hours, piston around 20 hours and go through a clutch around every 30 hours, The aluminum drive plates take a beating but i like having less reciprocating mass. Keep us updated on the progress of your bike, it is super clean!!!
1/30/2020 6:59pm
Great job on the rebuild, you have a very nice bike. How does your bike run with the set up you have?? The 05-07 CR 125's...
Thx for the tuning tips, icat on the 04 was more impressive than on a 06. But made jetting easier on the 06, not having to rejet because humidity dropped 20%, snappier, pulls cleaner. You can run more sag, for more stabilty and whoop riding. And not have the front end push, like a yz does sometimes. I wt 172 stock gearing felt Great. Rg3 top clamp more up and forward, ims low boy peg more down and back. Had fc revalve for 3.5 ft whoops. And man they nailed it. You could really push, jump way into the whoops, impossible not to hit a dime in a corner
wr74
2/7/2020 9:43pm
Great info. Who did your motor work? Can you give some more details on the case and intake mods ?
NoMuff2Tuff
2/10/2020 7:35pm
I did all the motor work, most of what was done was just to help with some flow through the motor. I didn't get too crazy with the cylinder and it has all stock port timing and angles, i didn't want to take a chance of messing up things and loose a bunch of low end and midrange. When I split the cases I noticed there was a big void under and above the reed cage closer to the mounting flange area so i decide to add some epoxy in these areas to reduce some crank case volume in hopes of making some more low and mid without hurting top end. I pretty much added a very thin piece of plastic between the cases, bolted the cases back together, added the epoxy and let it dry, separate cases and remove plastic and from there even everything out with porting tools, fit reed cage and make sure pedals clear when opened. probably around 60 cc's total if i had to guess. The intake tract was widen a little and everything else blended, matched and smoothed. With everything done to the motor i feel it runs stronger and cleaner and is able to pull a 51/52 rear sprocket much better then it did in the past.

Post a reply to: 2007 CR125

The Latest