2015 Yz125 Dream Race build (round 2)

Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 7:30pm
Hey all,
I'm a new member and thought I'd share my latest build. The build is complete already. It was a last minute tear down before the 125 dream race in washougal. And is the second time I've done a 100% teat down in the year since I bought it brand new.

The first time I did a gold to black fade on the frame and a galaxy theme. Which I miss. But I wanted my bike to be fresh for the dream race after seeing the Hell Raiser.

So here is the what it looked like the first time .

Winter 2015-2016 build.

|
11/8/2016 5:12am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 5:19am
Then I wanted to do something off of the beaten bath. So I came up with the "The Mistress" on paper and ran with it. This was going to be my first BIG build and I wanted to put my own version of a works bike together.

August 2016

11/8/2016 5:17am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 3:40pm
Then I got into the engine. Boy, is this thing a beast. After a little help from Athena, Dick's Racing carb massage, and some exotic engine coatings, she was begging the be held wide ✊

I also polished he bell on the carb in hopes to gain some added velocity. Not sure if it helped or not, but it looks cool and it's the little things that add up.

11/8/2016 5:25am
With a completed engine. Things finally started taking shape.

My dog was ready for it to be done too by this point. Many late nights and long hours

11/8/2016 5:33am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 5:36am
At this point the only thing I didn't coat was the brakes and it was because of the time crunch to leave to drive all the way to Washington with a bike I've never rode nor dynoed. There was no pictures beyond this point until I rolled it out of the trailer in Washougal.

If it wasn't for a bunch of rider support, I wouldn't have pulled this one off. Also Rau Designs out of Bozeman killed it with the graphics. I grew up racing with the Rau's and knew they could pull it off.

At the Dream Race, I rolled my beautful spotless machine up the the show and shine in the rain and mud. It had rained for countless hours and I knew it was going to be a mud hole on Sunday.

I feel like my bike got overlooked at the show and shine and I was ready to walk away with my tail between my legs until they said they had one more vote. Jeff Emig was going to pick his personal favorite. And he was standing next to a 90s cr125 that won several choice awards, which just so happened to be parked to the riders left of my bike.

Lol my bike was sandwiched between a retro Honduku and a throw back, super clean cr125.

So I assumed it was over, until I heard him call my number.

Let me tell you about the greatest feeling in the world. FINALLY someone didn't overlook all of the microscopic details. Finally.

The Shop

11/8/2016 5:40am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 3:41pm
Brian from MX PNW snapped this picture. And to this day is the best picture I have of the bike. Sunday was a mudder but we made the best of it.

I rode like shit in practice and was in heat two to try and qualify into the main with a bunch of heavy hitters! There were 51 total entries and I took 10th out of 26 in my heat with a SUPER good start which solidified a spot in the main for me. This bike moves out of the hole and really shines up horsepower hill.

11/8/2016 5:43am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2016 5:45am
On to the main. I was about 7th to the first corner. Banging bars with Durham. I was in 12th crossing the finish line first lap and finished 15th overall. I couldnt be more happy other than I would have rode better without mud. But who wouldn't.

All in all another successful build and an experience of a lifetime.
11/8/2016 5:48am
Here are a few more from the following weekend at a local race where I could actually open it up and ride it to its potential

JWACK
11/8/2016 2:23pm
I dig it! Lots and lots of work.
11/8/2016 3:36pm
Thank you! It was boat loads of work in only a couple of weeks. The crunch time was real. But I'm so pleased with the outcome. I have some customer bikes coming in this winter for some mild builds as well as my 2007 yz125
Motofinne
11/9/2016 6:54am
Very unique.

This is how a build should look like! Great work!
MxRyder
11/9/2016 6:47pm
Nice job......commitment!.....can we get a hellya for this guy!!
11/10/2016 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2016 6:38pm
Motofinne wrote:
Very unique.

This is how a build should look like! Great work!
Thank you, I definitely wanted to stray off of the beaten path with something unique.

Plus I own a coatings company. So why wouldn't I? Haha great advertising
ledger
11/10/2016 10:05pm
Props to you !! It's all about the fun, you accomplished that and more. Cool.....
mxrider284
11/20/2016 7:41pm
What coating and color was used on the upper fork tubes? Also how is it holding up?
11/24/2016 4:52pm
mxrider284 wrote:
What coating and color was used on the upper fork tubes? Also how is it holding up?
Titanium cerakote. It's extremely durable and holding up great
11/24/2016 4:54pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Nolan, shoot me an email at superx421@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Email sent!

Also if anyone wants to see more in the meantime until my next build. You can follow me on Instagram @finish_first_coatings
or on Facebook @ Facebook.com/finishfirstcoatings
JW381
11/27/2016 9:48am
Props for trying something outside the box and not having I look like shit! I see a Lotta "off the beaten path" builds on Instagram and they look terrible. This is cool tho, well done.
11/29/2016 8:26am
JW381 wrote:
Props for trying something outside the box and not having I look like shit! I see a Lotta "off the beaten path" builds on Instagram and...
Props for trying something outside the box and not having I look like shit! I see a Lotta "off the beaten path" builds on Instagram and they look terrible. This is cool tho, well done.
Thank you. I was skeptical about it once I seen the white plastics on it. But I had to hope and pray that the graphics would pull it all together. And they did just that.

I'm going to walk the beaten path on a steel frame build coming up after the first of the year
JW381
11/29/2016 8:33am
JW381 wrote:
Props for trying something outside the box and not having I look like shit! I see a Lotta "off the beaten path" builds on Instagram and...
Thank you. I was skeptical about it once I seen the white plastics on it. But I had to hope and pray that the graphics would...
Thank you. I was skeptical about it once I seen the white plastics on it. But I had to hope and pray that the graphics would pull it all together. And they did just that.

I'm going to walk the beaten path on a steel frame build coming up after the first of the year
I have the hardest time visualizing the final result when it's only partially completed. Whether it be my bike or something at work, my mind just thinks it looks like shit until it's all said and done haha
12/24/2016 9:14am
JW381 wrote:
Thank you. I was skeptical about it once I seen the white plastics on it. But I had to hope and pray that the graphics would...

JW381 wrote:
I have the hardest time visualizing the final result when it's only partially completed. Whether it be my bike or something at work, my mind just...
I have the hardest time visualizing the final result when it's only partially completed. Whether it be my bike or something at work, my mind just thinks it looks like shit until it's all said and done haha
Isn't that the truth. In my line of work, it's a daily occurrence with taking in stuff that has failing coatings on it, blasting and prepping them and recoating the stuff. Keeps things exciting though!

Post a reply to: 2015 Yz125 Dream Race build (round 2)

The Latest