2016 rmz250 build FINISHED

Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 7:57am
Hey guys just broke in my rmz250 and now the build starts for next year ,been out if motocross for last 3 years to race karts on a more serious level but the lack of excitement wasn't there and found myself wishing I was in the dirt rather then on a paved smooth surface lol so I sold all the karts and went and bought be a new leftover ,I've been a Honda guy my whole life last bike I had was a 09 crf450 which was completely done loved that bike but for how often I raced and the shape I was in it got to the point where it was just to much bike to be enjoyable and ride,after riding the suzuki for abit I have to say it's the best handling bike I have ever ridden ,the suspension for me has been amazing and I love this new airfork technology, so here are my plans for the new bike .

Motor
-yoshi pipe
-vortex ignition
-270 kit

Suspension
-factory connection

Rims
-excel a60
-hubs turned down and carekoted

Graphics are on the way as we speak will also be sending the front and rear calipers and master cylinders,triple clamps to get carekoted at trick eng

|
Cmiller493
9/8/2017 1:18pm
Should come out looking sick! Can't wait to see the finished product! What color of cerakote?
9/8/2017 1:38pm
Cmiller493 wrote:
Should come out looking sick! Can't wait to see the finished product! What color of cerakote?
Going with the burnt brown mag looking colour for that factory look lol closest I'll ever get to owning a factory looking bike , going to start tearing the bike down tonight,will probably leave the motor alone untill it's time to do a top end as it only has 5 hours roughly on it but will be upgrading to a Hinson clutch plate kit,I'm keeping the stock clutch perch and lever,I drilled out the hole where the normal pin would go and installed bearings feels as good if not better then my works connection clutch lever
Cmiller493
9/8/2017 2:07pm
Would you mind posting a picture of that perch? I've never seen someone do that actually. Everyone says those bikes handle better than anything else it's just lower they are lacking. Don't forget to grease all bearings and bleed those brakes as that stuff is lacking from the factory!
9/8/2017 3:51pm
Cmiller493 wrote:
Would you mind posting a picture of that perch? I've never seen someone do that actually. Everyone says those bikes handle better than anything else it's...
Would you mind posting a picture of that perch? I've never seen someone do that actually. Everyone says those bikes handle better than anything else it's just lower they are lacking. Don't forget to grease all bearings and bleed those brakes as that stuff is lacking from the factory!
Yea I will post a pic up later this weekend ,it was about a 20 min job and saved me about $200 on an after market clutch perch and lever , And yea the bike was tore down before I even broke it in and had the cables all replaced with motion pro stuff and also changed all the brake fluid to Lucas oil which I love and swear by

The Shop

Cmiller493
9/8/2017 5:10pm
Sounds like you are on the right track. Will look forward to updates as you go along..those RMZ's really benefit from the 270 kit.
9/9/2017 7:58am
I want to see the final product
Haha I will post pics up for sure will be a slow process privateer mxer here i work put of my heated storage unit while the fiance and I are saving up for a house with some land, so bike will be a slow build ,but hope to have it done by spring im in no rush ,I find when you rush things ,that's when mistakes happen
mxb2
9/9/2017 11:08am
Haha I will post pics up for sure will be a slow process privateer mxer here i work put of my heated storage unit while the...
Haha I will post pics up for sure will be a slow process privateer mxer here i work put of my heated storage unit while the fiance and I are saving up for a house with some land, so bike will be a slow build ,but hope to have it done by spring im in no rush ,I find when you rush things ,that's when mistakes happen
Screenless air filer cage,and Moto tassanari air boot will help also. And some vp u4.4 or renegade sx4,. Will really help.
9/9/2017 11:24am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2018 7:52am
Didn't get as much done as I wanted to today not feeling the greatest but it's a start ,everything is basically is basically new on the bike and was only rode for the break in period in a field so hasn't even seen dirt yet really yet so clean up should be fairly easy,I'm hoping to sell most the stock parts or trade them for parts I need so far this is what I have up for sale trying to keep the cost down by selling parts I won't need

-complete stock exhaust
-Complete sprocket and chain
-stock plastics
-stock bar mounts
-stock foot pegs

9/9/2017 11:28am
Haha I will post pics up for sure will be a slow process privateer mxer here i work put of my heated storage unit while the...
mxb2 wrote:
Screenless air filer cage,and Moto tassanari air boot will help also. And some vp u4.4 or renegade sx4,. Will really help.
All that will come not to sure on race fuel right now as I've decide to just keep the motor stock for now untill I get serious back into racing
mxb2
9/9/2017 11:33am
mxb2 wrote:
All that will come not to sure on race fuel right now as I've decide to just keep the motor stock for now untill I get...
All that will come not to sure on race fuel right now as I've decide to just keep the motor stock for now untill I get serious back into racing
Stock motor, t4, vpr, consistent clean. The vortex will have to adjusted to the fuel you choose.
711mx
9/13/2017 12:05pm
I just sold one of these as I'm out for at least another 6 months with a broken wrist. By far the best mod is a KTM throttle body and vortex ignition. I had a Twisted Development map in it and the thing ripped! Dropped a tooth on the back sprocket and some stiffer clutch springs and I'd say it was probably the best bike I've ever owned
mikejones202
Fantasy
3184th
9/13/2017 9:36pm
Check out my 13 rmz build if you're interested...best of luck!
9/14/2017 7:33am
711mx wrote:
I just sold one of these as I'm out for at least another 6 months with a broken wrist. By far the best mod is a...
I just sold one of these as I'm out for at least another 6 months with a broken wrist. By far the best mod is a KTM throttle body and vortex ignition. I had a Twisted Development map in it and the thing ripped! Dropped a tooth on the back sprocket and some stiffer clutch springs and I'd say it was probably the best bike I've ever owned
Is the ktm throttle body a direct bolt on ? And as far as clutch I'm upgrading to Hinson plates and springs
711mx
9/16/2017 4:10am
Is the ktm throttle body a direct bolt on ? And as far as clutch I'm upgrading to Hinson plates and springs
Not quite, I had to extend the KTM TPS, move the condenser, use a twisted development fuel line relocator and extend the injector power supply. You can't use the standard fuel line either but 7mm injector line and good quality fuel line clamps work great. You have to swap the throttle cables over too as the throttle cam works the opposite way. Great mod, takes a solid afternoon to do the swap over
9/19/2017 1:21pm
So build has been moving slowly since I have been sick and have spent the last few weeks sick and sore , I'm trying to build this bike on a tight budget and use funds from selling stock parts to go towards after market parts and some engine stuff but the sales market is dead right now lol specially here in Canada,one change is I did get my graphics layed down and have to say phillip at E-STICKY did another amazing job
Turbojez
9/20/2017 5:00am
How do you like the KYB rear shock on this bike? I'm thinking about getting one and putting it on my RM.
9/20/2017 6:35am
Turbojez wrote:
How do you like the KYB rear shock on this bike? I'm thinking about getting one and putting it on my RM.
So far it's okay but honestly don't have enough time on it to tell ya
10/4/2017 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 5:16am
So little update haha waiting on new rims to come in go some black D.I.D dirt stars coming in ,trying to find someone locally to turn down my hubs so I don't have to spend the money on shipping them to the US new renthal bars on the way along with the renthal gen2 clutch perch and brake levers ,tore bike completely down so grease everything,you'd be surprise how little grease they use ,it's also very Thin , repacked everything with some belray waterproof here are some update photos not much to show yet , yes I work out of a heated storage unit while our house is being built lol

10/12/2017 5:53am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 7:03am
So got one of my new front rim in and laced it up, thought it would be alot more difficult then it actually was , but it went pretty easy,funny how a simple change can make a bike look so much better [
1/7/2018 7:03am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 7:03am
So haven't updated this in awhile but the build is going slow , new house means I have bills and unfortunately they come before motocross stuff ,adulting sucks lol I've powder coated the levels ,polisheod the frame ,rockstar, rear brake and working on sanding and polishing the hubs here are some photos
1/7/2018 7:03am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 7:03am
So haven't updated this in awhile but the build is going slow , new house means I have bills and unfortunately they come before motocross stuff ,adulting sucks lol I've powder coated the levels ,polished the frame ,kickstart, rear brake and working on sanding and polishing the hubs here are some photos
1/7/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 5:16am

Got a yoshi exhaust today from a buddy need alot of cleaning but came out pretty good ,bike is starting to come together

NHtoWA421
1/8/2018 7:01pm
If you're still thinking about the 270 kit, get it. You will not regret itm Completely different bike. I borrowed one for a couple days recently and loved it. Felt so much better than the stock motor.
1/9/2018 5:58am
NHtoWA421 wrote:
If you're still thinking about the 270 kit, get it. You will not regret itm Completely different bike. I borrowed one for a couple days recently...
If you're still thinking about the 270 kit, get it. You will not regret itm Completely different bike. I borrowed one for a couple days recently and loved it. Felt so much better than the stock motor.
I am thinking about but also thinking about sending my engine of to twisted development
1/14/2018 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 7:02am
Well a little bit of an update sending my suspension off to MP1 to get some love getting the from tubes hardcoated in works Brown (colour in first picture)
And getting the forks revalved ,other then than that not much more has happen,will be in serious build mode soon as I plan on going down to Florida zoo to get some riding in

3/5/2018 1:01pm
Still waiting for my suspension to get back but received all my braking power from motostuff today gotta say Scott is one hell of a good guy to deal with

Post a reply to: 2016 rmz250 build FINISHED

The Latest