Fmf TI system
Stock hubs yellow Excel rims
Bunch of Jgr bolt ons
Motopro graphics
Motoseat cover

|
dylanv21
7/12/2018 8:28pm
Someone about Suzuki’s with yellow wheels... so sexy!!
Stevehrc
7/12/2018 8:42pm
I got a stiffy ? always been a big fan of gold rims on zooks, really like the yellow and blue too.
Ted722
7/13/2018 3:47am
Wow, I think they look great stock, but yours is perfect. Thumbs up on keeping the blue/yellow and adding a few go fast goodies.

Before (mine...3 weeks new)

After (yours)

The Shop

ZM956
7/13/2018 4:05am
Good looking machine right there!
motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
7/13/2018 7:50am
dylanv21 wrote:
Someone about Suzuki’s with yellow wheels... so sexy!!
It just looks right! Got these from a fellow member here on vital!
motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
7/13/2018 7:53am
Ted722 wrote:
Wow, I think they look great stock, but yours is perfect. Thumbs up on keeping the blue/yellow and adding a few go fast goodies. Before (mine...3...
Wow, I think they look great stock, but yours is perfect. Thumbs up on keeping the blue/yellow and adding a few go fast goodies.

Before (mine...3 weeks new)

After (yours)

If you want to drop around 3-4lbs get this fmf system! Plus it wakes up the bottom end on this bike
7/13/2018 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 12:33pm
Looks great, yellow rims on a suzuki?love to hear a ride report
Mx451
7/13/2018 1:07pm
One sweet looking bike!
motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
7/14/2018 10:43am
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
Looks great, yellow rims on a suzuki?love to hear a ride report
Big improvements over my 2015, I have about 20hrs on the 18, forks are amazing, was not a fan of the air. Bike might be heavy but it doesn't feel like it at all when riding. Everyone was complaining about the shock but I have no issues what so ever, I'm also not a standard sized rider being I'm 280lbs. Have not rode sense with new suspension work yet but I will know more after spring creek and meadow valley next Thursday and Friday. I can give more after that. Overall bike feels much slimmer and more comfortable than my 15. And you can't beat how these suzuki's corner. I'm also okay with not having electric start. Just less that can go wrong, kicking isn't hard anyways.
Rotaholic
7/15/2018 4:08pm
Sick build! Amazing the bang for your buck you get with these RMZ's, The money you save on the purchase price you can really build an amazing machine. Congrats
Ted722
7/17/2018 7:35am
motofool wrote:
If you want to drop around 3-4lbs get this fmf system! Plus it wakes up the bottom end on this bike
That's cool. I have a few Coors Light induced lbs of baggage I'm going to work on as well. Speaking of mods, did you talk to Factory Connection about their thoughts on a longer link vs standard link on the rear suspension when you got the suspension revalved? Some of the articles and feedback I've read / researched is to just think of the link as more a ride height adjustment vs a suspension modification.

I've tried one (Ride E.) on my stocker and really like it, but I know guys that got their suspension revalved (with the longer link and or stock) and both very happy with the results. The suspension shops I've talked to just want to know if you have the aftermarket link or not, then they tailor their setup with that link in mind.

Just curious if that even came up or if you thought about an aftermarket link when you sent your suspension out?
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
7/17/2018 8:31am
Looks perfect! Nice job !!?
motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
7/17/2018 3:24pm
motofool wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
That's cool. I have a few Coors Light induced lbs of baggage I'm going to work on as well. Speaking of mods, did you talk to...
That's cool. I have a few Coors Light induced lbs of baggage I'm going to work on as well. Speaking of mods, did you talk to Factory Connection about their thoughts on a longer link vs standard link on the rear suspension when you got the suspension revalved? Some of the articles and feedback I've read / researched is to just think of the link as more a ride height adjustment vs a suspension modification.

I've tried one (Ride E.) on my stocker and really like it, but I know guys that got their suspension revalved (with the longer link and or stock) and both very happy with the results. The suspension shops I've talked to just want to know if you have the aftermarket link or not, then they tailor their setup with that link in mind.

Just curious if that even came up or if you thought about an aftermarket link when you sent your suspension out?
I didn't ask about it and honestly I didn't feel the need. Like I've stated above Im a big guy at 280lbs and to didn't bother me at all like they take about in the reviews. before I did the re-valve I put a stiffer spring in and felt comfy right away. Im a top 3 B guy around my area so I still ride pretty dang fast for my size and I didn't have any problems with it. Im curious now as to what it will feel like as I haven't ridden sense I got the suspension back, but I'm sure it will be spot on like my FC stuff has been in the past. I do like the idea of the JGR link as it is adjustable and would be fun to ply around with. I may end up getting it eventually
Gary105
7/18/2018 11:15am
I will also be having my suspension done by FC over the winter on my 18 450 RMZ. As of now i am running the stock suspension with the Ride Engineering Link which seems to work nice. On a side note i plan on putting the new Dunlop MX33 on it. Question is go with the 110 or the 120. The Bridgestone 110 is wide like a 120 that comes on it.
motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
7/18/2018 6:41pm
Gary105 wrote:
I will also be having my suspension done by FC over the winter on my 18 450 RMZ. As of now i am running the stock...
I will also be having my suspension done by FC over the winter on my 18 450 RMZ. As of now i am running the stock suspension with the Ride Engineering Link which seems to work nice. On a side note i plan on putting the new Dunlop MX33 on it. Question is go with the 110 or the 120. The Bridgestone 110 is wide like a 120 that comes on it.
I always run a 110 on my 450, ever sense 08 when I started riding/racing them. Just my preference though everyone is different
Ted722
7/18/2018 8:47pm
Gary105 wrote:
I will also be having my suspension done by FC over the winter on my 18 450 RMZ. As of now i am running the stock...
Just put the MX33 on the front and like it. Feedback is really good which is what I’ve always liked about good Dunlops. I’d rather have a little warning of loss of traction than light switch loss of traction.

Good call on the rear. I had to double check the stock 110 on my RM-Z as it looked like a 120 also. I’m not very picky on rear tires. I like the Bridgestone that’s on there and I could easily see myself getting another, but if I did go with a Dunlop it’d probably be a 110 also (even if narrower than the stocker.)

Spinazuki
9/12/2019 12:54pm
motofool wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
That's cool. I have a few Coors Light induced lbs of baggage I'm going to work on as well. Speaking of mods, did you talk to...

motofool wrote:
I didn't ask about it and honestly I didn't feel the need. Like I've stated above Im a big guy at 280lbs and to didn't bother...
I didn't ask about it and honestly I didn't feel the need. Like I've stated above Im a big guy at 280lbs and to didn't bother me at all like they take about in the reviews. before I did the re-valve I put a stiffer spring in and felt comfy right away. Im a top 3 B guy around my area so I still ride pretty dang fast for my size and I didn't have any problems with it. Im curious now as to what it will feel like as I haven't ridden sense I got the suspension back, but I'm sure it will be spot on like my FC stuff has been in the past. I do like the idea of the JGR link as it is adjustable and would be fun to ply around with. I may end up getting it eventually
Beautiful bike! Love the big Suzuki graphic on the shroud. I bought the Acerbis Blue and Yellow and love that look. I'd like to get very similar graphics to what you have here. Gorgeous bike. Suzuki's always looked best blue and yellow. Gotta have the big red S on the front fender too.

So to everyone who had their rear shock revalved, what was the shock doing that you didn't like? As in specifically bad manners, or bottoming out, lack of adjustment, inconsistent action?

I did a very tiny fix that has reaped great results. I'm amazed Suzuki didn't do it. And no suspension shops will talk about any details. Of course.
smithers57
9/23/2019 1:33pm
Looks good starting to get mine togther slowly

Spinazuki
9/23/2019 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2019 1:48pm
smithers57 wrote:
Looks good starting to get mine togther slowly [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/23/374857/s1200_20190329_192339.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/23/374858/s1200_20190329_192406.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/23/374856/s1200_20190329_192418.jpg[/img]
Looks good starting to get mine togther slowly

Looks beautiful, clean and classy. I like the yellow fork guards. I ordered Decals for mine but will also buy the yellow.
Does it run as good as it looks? How does that BFRC shock work, looks stock. I revalved mine myself and added a part I'm not aware anyone else is using that made it super plush and made the rebound way more consistent and controllable, doesn't see saw or feel stinkbug, so much better.
smithers57
9/23/2019 1:53pm
Thank you really was happy with the red and yellow combo. Love the bike suspension is still stock. Front forks are ok rear shock.. well its interesting.. messed with it a little to get the balance right but def needs to getv done. What did you do with rear shock?
Spinazuki
9/23/2019 2:03pm
smithers57 wrote:
Thank you really was happy with the red and yellow combo. Love the bike suspension is still stock. Front forks are ok rear shock.. well its...
Thank you really was happy with the red and yellow combo. Love the bike suspension is still stock. Front forks are ok rear shock.. well its interesting.. messed with it a little to get the balance right but def needs to getv done. What did you do with rear shock?
It looks great, and contrary to the fake news about this bike it is pretty great out of the box. The shock is definitely confused in stock form. From my own experience and what I've read, and what I saw inside the shock I believe the rebound side of the shock is starved of oil due to cavitation on big hits on compression. The rebound check valve simply doesn't float enough and oil can't make it to the rebound side of the piston, some of it makes its way to the reservior instead. I made a longer rebond check sleeve which basically opens up the flow during the compression cycle as it passes the rebound valve. I sent a sleeve to another RMZ guy from here, I'm waiting to see what he thinks. He has a Gold Valve. I was considering one but after my mods the shock is so good I don't see a need for new valves.

I also increased the rebound and softened the compression by 3 34mm x .15 shims. So 7 34x.10 shims on the compression side, single stage stack, and added 3 more 34x.10 shims to the rebound stiffening the whole rebound circuit. Way more control and super plush. The adjusters can be in the middle again. I could have left the compression as is but decided to see how plush I could make it using the stock valves. It worked.
Spinazuki
9/23/2019 2:13pm

Top photo is the stock valve, compression on the top valve, rebound on the lower one.
Middle photo is my modified valve stacks. You can see the rebound stack is thicker now, the the compression thinner. Less Low Speed Compression now.
The bottom photo is the taller rebound check sleeve, 1mm taller than stock for much more float. Takes the rebound check completely out of the compression circuit as well as allows oil to much more freely flow to the rebound side so after a big hit, there is actually oil and not a vacuum where oil should be to control the rebound. No more weird action, its now very consistent and confidence inspiring.
Spinazuki
9/23/2019 2:19pm
My bike. I only want fender graphics so still looking.

Mods:
Ride Engineering 1.25mm link
Revalved/modified BFRC Shock
Shortened muffler by 2"
smithers57
9/24/2019 5:39am
Thank you so much for that info you will have to let me know what he thinks of it when he gets back to you. Def going to get the suspension done here soon and will try ur suggestion with the shims. I have A kit showa on my cr500af so cant compare that to the suz at all lol

Post a reply to: 2018 RM-Z450

The Latest