2018 RMZ450 WP Shock

Edited Date/Time 11/16/2018 1:54pm
Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem body
|
PTshox
2/22/2018 11:12pm
So you took the clevis/ shaft and piston from a 2008 RMZ shock and you put it into a WP body? Is that what you are saying?
SUZ_291
10/13/2018 4:41pm
Would the whole wp shock not work? Or is there a preference on the rmz bottom?
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
10/14/2018 7:33am
SUZ_291 wrote:
Would the whole wp shock not work? Or is there a preference on the rmz bottom?
The clevis is different, maybe the 08 had a 20mm shaft? But we used a A kit clevis. Trim the WP upper spacers and drops right in.
Titane
10/14/2018 11:29am
That what everybody does .. wp body shock , with a kit shaft and intern components. Add a JGR or Pc linkage and Suzie start to be kind of ready to race

The Shop

SUZ_291
10/14/2018 5:30pm
You guys are freaking genius! One more question. What year wp do I need to focus on getting? I have access to a 15
Rotaholic
11/2/2018 5:15pm
Any more info on this guys, I have a showa a kit shock 08-17 and am thinking of doing this for my 18
motomike894
11/3/2018 4:25am
I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I can go a pretty good pace and am a big dude and it still works great.

Just curious what everyone thinks they’re going to be gaining from this, I find hard believe a standard shock going to work that much better than mine is now but I guess without having another one to swap out with I’d never know.

But the bfrc has never done anything weird to me, it’s super slow and stiff just like I wanted it after revalve, is all the talk about it because of magazines bad mouthing it or lot of suspension guys aren’t doing a good job with it maybe? Or everyone’s confused by the adjusters lol
TeamGreen
11/16/2018 10:16am
Shouldn't we call this shock a ShoWP?

Laughing
Rotaholic
11/16/2018 11:38am
I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I...
I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I can go a pretty good pace and am a big dude and it still works great.

Just curious what everyone thinks they’re going to be gaining from this, I find hard believe a standard shock going to work that much better than mine is now but I guess without having another one to swap out with I’d never know.

But the bfrc has never done anything weird to me, it’s super slow and stiff just like I wanted it after revalve, is all the talk about it because of magazines bad mouthing it or lot of suspension guys aren’t doing a good job with it maybe? Or everyone’s confused by the adjusters lol
Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some seat time on kit stuff you wont ever want to not have it.
motomike894
11/16/2018 1:48pm
I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I...

Rotaholic wrote:
Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some...
Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some seat time on kit stuff you wont ever want to not have it.
Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit unit lol.
SUZ_291
11/16/2018 1:51pm

Rotaholic wrote:
Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some...
Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit...
Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit unit lol.

SUZ_291
11/16/2018 1:54pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit...
SUZ_291 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/16/302900/s1200_IMG_0081.jpg[/img]

And no it doesn't hit the frame. Lol it was scratched when I bought it. The newer 09 and up don't fit. The shock body hits the frame. Best $40 I ever spent.
Rotaholic
11/16/2018 5:22pm
Heres an A kit shock we shoehorned into the frame also
Rotaholic
11/30/2018 8:22pm
Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem body[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/19/244900/s1200_RMZ_SHOCK.jpg[/img]
Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem body
Any chance you could share what you did with the CADJ, it seems a little soft
SUZ_291
4/7/2019 9:37am
Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem body[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/19/244900/s1200_RMZ_SHOCK.jpg[/img]
Did the shock body where the reservoir screws on rub the air boot?

Post a reply to: 2018 RMZ450 WP Shock

The Latest